Steve Bruce Gives Up On Frenchman – It’s Official

If Newcastle fans thought that Alan Pardew didn’t give Hatem Ben Arfa enough chances at Newcastle earlier  this year, and we were among them, then what has happened with the French International at Hull City is almost a vindication of the Newcastle manager.

ben arfa at man united

Ben Arfa – playing his last game for Hull City earlier this month

Steve Bruce takes no nonsense from any player,  and almost three weeks ago at Manchester United Steve hauled off Ben Arfa after just 35 minutes at Old Trafford, because he wasn’t putting in an acceptable performance for the team – those are Bruce’s words.

Since then the 27 year-old has not been back into the Hull match-day squad of 18, and there were reports last weekend that he was now in Paris, his home town,  looking for another club.

This is what Steve Bruce has said today:

“I’ve said to Ben Arfa unfortunately I wasn’t going to accept a performance like I’ve seen from him when he played Manchester United.”  “And it’s up to him to force his way back into the squad and that’s the way it is.

“If he decides to stay in France, then that’s up to him. There’s only 10 days or something until the window opens, but I think it’s fair to say he’s probably played his last game for Hull.

“Sometimes transfers don’t work, especially when it’s a loan deal” “Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out, so I wish him the best of luck and I hope he goes on to have the career that his talent deserves.”

That last  line is important – “I hope he has the career his talent deserves.”

That’s because Ben Arfa is a wonderful player to watch when he’s in full flow,  and he left some great memories for Newcastle fans in his time at Newcastle.

Ben Arfa  scored two of the greatest individual goals ever seen at St. James Park, when in 2012 he scored against Blackburn and then later against Bolton.

But with any talent, you always have to have discipline and do the things necessary so that talent is used to its fullest extent.

It’s the latter bit that seems to be a difficulty for Hatem Ben Arfa – but we still wish him the very very best in his future career.

And time is not exactly on his side as he turns 28 in March,  and he arrived at Newcastle when he was 23 in August of 2010.

We expect Newcastle to make him a free agent in January so he can sign on at another club.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• mag92

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:40 PM

HBA, is the last person the team needs at this moment, Williamson, Gouffran, and Alnwick, are doing enough damage.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Pathetic.

I dare say I can’t think of a current player in the league he glides past a player as easily as hatem does.

If he got himself fully fit, trained hard and worked for his team mates I sare bet he’d be at one the worlds elite clubs. The fact he has fallen out with so many managers but still gets more chances shows how talented he is but also how little respect he has for those who give him a chance.

Would loved to have seen what he pot ethically could have been but his time has come. He’ll be playing on some Arab, indian or chinese league before long collecting mega money to do tricks.

• Sliema

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM

What a waste of talent.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM

i thought my ears was burning, ah bless my fans missing me when I’m not on.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM

He’ll get 10K a week for the next five years, I hope he invests it wisely.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:47 PM

i wonder which team he will go to now.

• WWSBRD

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:48 PM

mag92
    Really getting to the point of my posts aren’t ya.
    Well worth your input

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Jail

If 10 burgers a day is spending it wisely then thats what he will spend it on.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Sell him to Liverpool they were linked with him not so long ago.

• WWSBRD

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:51 PM

As for Benny I was always a critic of his, wish I’d of been proven wrong. Lad has talent but his attitude has been always questionable

Good luck to him, I do believe he likes Newcastle but he likes himself a lot more

• jimmysmith

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:59 PM

We were really spoiled with Harper all those years, weren’t we? Harper could still be our number two, certainly three, as well as in a coaching role and or being groomed for managerial duties. What a loss of a quality football man, not just loyal servant. The guys bright, and if he was still here he’d almost certainly be out there this weekend. Why let him go, if you didn’t have complete faith in Alnwick. Problem with Pards or Ashley? I’ve forgotten.

• Munster Mag

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Can all the tools who screamed abuse at pardew for his handling of pardew now be big enough to say that pardew was right and they were wrong?

• Munster Mag

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I mean his handling of hba !

• Munster Mag

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Welsh do u honestly think liverpool wud touch this excuse for a footballer? Pardew got a lot out of him. The scousers wont go near him.

• lesh

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:19 PM

jimmysmith

You’re dead right about Harper and in hindsight, it was madness that he wasn’t offered a contract extension.

I suspect that again, it’s been the finances that were key to him going: Why have a relatively expensive third choice when a young inexperienced keeper’d probably suffice – after all, argues Ashley, what’s the chances of needing access to a third keeper? Pretty slim I’d say, but sod’s law kicked in when our top two keepers were injured.

• catchy in norway

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I think pardew well and truly fcked this lad over,

while he was with us I had no problem with his game, I think he defended as much as goofy and Jonas, but p45 wanted much more,
    I think he is a player you should judge on how many goals he scores creates, and in this dept, he was one of our best