Surprising Poll Results For Newcastle Sunderland Game

When we ran our poll for the Spurs result earlier in the week a rather massive 64% of the fans though we would win that game, and we ended up losing 4-0 at White Hart Lane.

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Newcastle United v Sunderland - St James' Park

Newcastle fans – pessimistic

Maybe it’s the shock of the result that has made Newcastle fans a lot more wary and pessimistic about how we can do against Sunderland tomorrow.

A surprising 46% (at the time of writing) think we will lose the game – and that would be the fourth defeat in a row, for the first time since 1817.

Just kidding.

newcastle fans last night

A typical Newcastle fan – getting ready for tomorrow’s derby 😀

Here are the current results of the poll, and you can still vote if you haven’t already done so – one vote per reader.

How Will Newcastle fare Against Sunderland?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Reyantoon

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:23 AM

JFA – Tnx jail.But my eng was always good.You see sometimes people get emotional,I get too,but not without get abused first.You definitely are not anti-pardew,
    anti-Ashley or Anti-nufc,your views are perfectly balanced.We get aggressive on the other poster at times,I get too but not personal for me.I slowly learning the behavior of this blog,behavior of posters and decent other fans as well because it looks difficult to engage with every poster here.U’ll be forced to choose some that best suits and agrees with you.I joined this blog in 2011,but started to engage and comment deeply this year,back in June because I was flattered by the clubs summer transfer activities.I started to believe something good to come up after that.Still long way to go.I wont discourage myself just because of our recent heavy defeats.We still have a chance to finish in top six and a good run in the FA cup.I’m still joyful to get involved in here.Hope it’ll continue further..It feels like I get involved for years but it’s only been six months,I’m still freshman lol.Bcoz
    This blog is perfect place to express your thoughts and follow up news on the club u support.Finally do you think someone start to get bored commenting here when he get involved posting everyday ? Do you bothered by the disappearance of what some call them “long time posters” here ?

Enjoy the Christmas!!

• Jeff from Benwell

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM

The one thing Poyet does well is get his sides up for cup ties. He played their games at the end of last season this way , and achieved some great results. The game tomorrow will be a cuptie for the unwashed, and not for the weak or inexperienced. I do fear for us , if Pardew picks any weak links

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Au contraire Reyantoon,
    I am very much anti Mike Ashley and dislije Pardew very much now, although my views are as you say very balanced.
    On tomorrow.
    I too would like to see STaylor partner Collo but that would mean Dummet going in as LB as Pardew won’t drop him.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Jail

How are you today my friend. Will you be at the game tomorrow?

I am looking forward to it, as I do all derby games, but I don’t have the confidence if getting a result as I always used to. I’d still backing us to win, sunderland don’t offer a goal threat usually, although they seem to against us.

I only hope some players stand up and make themselves counted.

• mag92

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Toonbrother, summed @2, up perfectly last night!

• Sliema

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I’m flying in from Malta tonight for the match. Never been so nervous. Really going to feel physically sick when I see his starting XI.

• Reyantoon

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Jail – why do you dislike AP now ?
    And
    Further comments will be expected for my last paragraph’s questions?
    And
    I like french language but can’t speak yet..
    Au contraire Reyantoon,????

• Sliema

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Reyan

Why do you like Pardew?

• Sliema

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I’m genuinely intrigued.

• Jeff from Benwell

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Provisional squad: Alnwick, Woodman, Janmaat, Dummett, S Taylor, Williamson, Coloccini, Streete, Haidara, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Cabella, Colback, Gouffran, Ameobi, Riviere, Cisse, Perez, Armstrong.

All fit

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Jail – yeah WHY do you dislike Pardew? WHY??

😀

Have you tried Google, Reyantoon? Au Contraire, I believe you havent.

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM

And why do you dislike him NOW, jail? I really would like to know that thing.

Heeheehee

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:54 AM

What does that post man mag92?

All the questions today….

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:54 AM

What does that post MEAN….

• mag92

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:59 AM

@11, Man mag mean! Eh?

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:01 AM

For me the Pardew problem is currently personified by his insistence at playing Dummet at Lb over Haidara, shoving Willo in to the back four when Saylor and Dummet are much better there, playing Gouffran in a demoralising defensive wing role which he evidently despises, and believing players like Tiote are our long term mainstays of the team. Other than that he is no problem. Well ok he is.

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM

it’s ok mag92, I can wait while you figure it out.

• LGFUAD21

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I think it’s pretty clear pardew will go with saylor cb and dummet lb.

He will also play sammy and leave cabella on the bench for this occasion.

The only question is who at rw. Hope he goes with Perez over gouffy.

• mag92

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Tiote, is an immense player, as was demonstrated by his absence from Wednesday nights, debacle; it’s a good thing a certain poster @14, doesn’t pick the team, or we’d be playing Gateshead!

• Transfer Sage

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM

mag92 and tsunki

I think Tsunki is spot on with his post @14, it’s what I’d do.

I think tiote is a good player, just hangs onto the ball too long and either gets dispossessed or we lose momentum when attacking, why I prefer colback to be honest.

I’d be interested to see a midfield three of sissoko, colback and cabella at some stage, think they would be a very good combo, especially against weaker sides as we have pace, power, flair, trickery, tackling…everything there.

• LGFUAD21

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Mag92

Agree.

Did you see my post yesterday about what went wrong against spurs.

Our midfield had no anchor. Now I know tiote is opinion splitting on here but we needed someone whether people’s choice of poison be Anita, tiote or abeid.

Personally I’m a tiote fan.

Side note

Who should play lb when santon is back and where will SDJ fit into the team when back?

Also who do people prefer up top cisse or Perez

• LGFUAD21

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM

14Tsunki

Spot on.

The guy does not do himself favours by bringing willo back in. To play devils advocate though. Replacing janmaat at right back was never an easy task.

Anita has done it in the past but is hit or miss. I disagree with those that picked a cb (saylor, satka or street) for the job. I think it had to be haidara, dummet or Anita and only Anita would’ve allowed dummet to remain at cb.

• mag92

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Cabella, is probably brilliant on FIFA 15, but awful, in the flesh!

• LGFUAD21

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM

18Transfer

Sorry to kill the blog again. (Off oot soon).

YES cabella needs to play central as that’s where he seems to have most luck when he has 2 ways to go with the ball.

This clearly highlights how we need another rw.

My only issue is that this means Colback has to play dm which he can do but he is best when he is given that box to box role to pressure high. He can’t do both.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM

mag92

Cabella has been poor for us, but he was a central player mainly when I saw him in France and champions league and he looked a lot better.

He has quick feet for tight play in the middle but lacks genuine pace for the flanks, hard to judge him so far as not given a run where he needs to be.

I do see why though, the midfield group of tiote, sissoko and colback or abeid, sissoko and colback has worked very well.

• LGFUAD21

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Mag92

Too true.

I’m in my 4th season on fifa 15 with the toon

I’ve played cabella all over the shop (top of a front 3, cam, part of a mid 3 even left wing back). The guy is class on fifa. If only real football was as easy.

Also signed grenier, and lacazette who both quickly got to 80+ ratings.

• mag92

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Williamson, is the main problem!

• LGFUAD21

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:19 AM

23Transfer

I don’t think it’s pace. I don’t think he has the decision making for a winger in the prem and he’s not a natural wing forward to be in the front 3.

I wish he’d stop with the silly step overs that achieve nowt though.

Perez showed as much trickery against spurs but to greater effect.

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Mag92 -i don’t think Tiote is a bad player, Sage is right about him. I think that his strength in the challenge is immense, he provides a formidable protection for the back four, but he rarely makes an incisive pass forward, or has the skill to hi past players. In fact, his swirling around looking for an outlet reveals he has a lack of vision. Many of the great defensive midfielders already had a pass planned when they knew they were going to win the ball. They knew their patch of ground, who was in it, and where to instantly release the ball forward to counter quickly. Tiote doesn’t have that vision. I may get slated for this, but Abeid, with the right help around him, could be very good if not great in that role. Look at the results we had when he was in there, and he wasn’t playing absolute blinders. The ball pinged instantly forward, and everyone knew when he had the ball, it was going forward, quickly.

Lack of this kind of impetus from midfield is what makes predatory attackers like Cisse look like lost has beens. It frustrates attacking midfielders who spend their time having to track back a third of the pitch while the whole team retreats behind them, it makes the opposition goal a mile off every time.

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Lgfuad @20 – agree with all of that.

• mag92

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Tiote, Sissoko, Colback, and Sammy, against the cart horses, of Sunderland: 3-1!

• mag92

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Tiote, is all about power and breaking the play up, (allowing his team mates to do the rest), which he does brilliantly.

• Go toon gooooo

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Fly Magpies above that lights.Gooooooooooooo

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Agree we have no choice but to put Tiote in against the mackems, although it’s safe money ordering a taxi for two for him and Clattermole at half time! If we had Abeid ready, I would definitely go Socks, Abeid and Colback midfield.

Haven’t said much about Perez, to redress that I think he is a bright star of the future, whether we will hold on to him long I don’t know. He’s terrific all round, tight skills, lovely touch, awareness, not afraid to work the defenders by himself, excellent young player, if we had that midfield playing higher and with more impetus he’d still be banging them in a goal a game again.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:31 AM

We’ve looked so poor recently due to having no wingers. Tiote aside, without the power and pace of Obertan, Ameobi and to an extent Aarons, we have no natural width and it’s killing us when we move into attacking phases of play.

The biggest problem last summer was not getting a proper winger. We haven’t bought one in years and it’s shown.

My issue with the young players is it’s all great if they come in and perform but they need to stay fit and learn consistency. I was annoyed that Aarons and Abeid got injured almost immediately after coming into the team. It needs sorting and these player need to stay fit and prove themselves on a regular basis.

• mag92

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Newcastle United, have not won a game, that Williamson, and Gouffran, have both started!

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Tskunki,
    To put your mind at rest, last night the very insightful and intelligent toonbrother said my brain was empty and I didn’t have an opinion, as ever the cretinous troll mag@92 agreed with him.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:36 AM

*Tsunki

• Go toon gooooo

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:42 AM

The team is strong.He would be near perfect if Ben Arfa played for Ameobi and Anita for Janmaat.But still strong team.Cabella on the bench-that is poorEST decision.But we play against average team anyway.Steven Taylor and Coloccini together is 90% of the team strenght.

• Tsunki

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Mag 92, yeah I agree that is what Tiote is. But the flip side is he only breaks up attacking play, he doesn’t release the ball to turn that impetus against the opposition, many times we’ve seen opposition teams committing forward, and Tiote wins the tackle at a decisive moment but if it’s not as the cost of a free kick, he invariably misses the instant opportunity to feed the ball forward for a break, instead he tends to whirl around, scanning for someone to pass back or sideways to. Meanwhile, the opposing attack regroup while we start from the back again.