Carver Does Post Match Interview For Pardew – Rumors Abound

Alan Pardew asked John Carver to do the post match interview after the excellent 3-2 win over Everton at St. James’ Park.

alan pardew at home to everton

Alan Pardew – on the sidelines today against Everton

And there is speculation that Alan Pardew – who is now odds on favorite for the Crustal Palace job – may leave Newcastle for the London club.

But why do they read that into Alan not doing the interview – especially after we won for the first time in five games.

John Carver said this to the press about why he was doing the interview and not Alan:

“I went into the dressing room afterwards, because we have an Under-21 fixture on Tuesday. I was sorting out the players for that, and then the manager asked me to go and do the Press.”

“He just said ‘would you go and do the Press for me?’ That was it.” “I was actually eating a pie at the time! He’s fine. He’s delighted.”

Alan Pardew played for Crystal Palace from 1987 through 1991.

It makes no sense that Alan Pardew would accept the job at Crystal Palace and leave Newcastle to play to crowds less than half of those at St. James’ Park – and especially after owner Mike Ashley has stood by him this season.

Alan would also have to take a significant wage cut  – since Crystal Palace don’t have the financial means of Newcastle United.

It just makes no sense to us why Alan Pardew would take the Crystal Palace job.

But we’ve been wrong before. 😀

Alan Pardew was initially at 20-1 for the Crystal Palace job, but Sky Bet took a load of money on him last night and he’s now 4/7 odds on for the job.

Note: Please see if you can help the Northumbria Police to find this missing person – thanks.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• p

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I wonder whether he had to pay for that pie, that s the bigger question here

• AncientC

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

“I was actually eating a pie at the time!” LOL

• manxpie

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

manxpie // Dec 28, 2014 at 8:06 PM

rotonda please don’t believe 1 comment after all the comments from above

so listen to ya self again!

or is it believe wat you want to hear?

141manxpie // Dec 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM

rotonda i thought anita was a great signing? and has been wasted y pardew? 🙂

• Markaccus

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

So who do people realistically see as being our BEST option as manager if El Zorro Plata goes to palace?

• dazzler

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Less agro, more money and a chance to manage a team where the fans hold him in some regard

• Markaccus

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:12 PM

The thing about that pie…… It was originally a steak sarnie, but pardew said “ahm ‘avin that”….. Long live the king 😉

• Ron Knee

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Doesn’t his family still live in London?

• Puppet Pardew

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Darlin’ you got to let me know
    Should I stay or should I go?
    If you say that you are mine
    I’ll be here ’til the end of time
    So you got to let me know
    Should I stay or should I go?

It’s always tease tease tease
    You’re happy when I’m on my knees
    One day is fine and next is black
    So if you want me off your back
    Well come on an’ let me know
    Should I Stay or should I go?

Should I stay or should I go now?
    Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go there will be trouble
    An’ if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know…..

• why oh why

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Well here is hoping lol
    But then again would asey really go for frank deboer
    I doubt it

• Markaccus

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Ed

I seriously doubt he would get a pay cut. Even palace will pay more than fatty-tight-pockets.

• Bambams

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Ashley

• Markaccus

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Right, all this pie talk has made me peckish. Later all.

• manxpie

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM

the most likely for me is o’leary i said it ages ago
    he’s mates with ashley out of work and prem experience

sky showed that he was big mates with him
    thats my bet but it wont happen anyways tbh

• Average_Contents

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Mark

That story is entirely plausible lol.

• dazzler

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM

He’s on less than a million a year, if reports are true. He’d get more than that at about 18 of the other premier league teams at least. Probably even wigan and Fulham.

His family is down south, and he’s not wanted here. His hands are tied by the owner, even if this has been milked forever.

In reality, he’d be foolish not to want the job. But a few months ago he was saying how he aimed a bit higher than palace before we played them.

• toonking

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM

mark I think pulis is the best realistic option.

moyse couldn’ handle the pressure of being at united, so Newcastle is the worst place to come, all it takes is one back result or say something like “we can’t compete with top 6 and boom, the fans now turn on him.

• beermonkey

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM

p

I thought that

I bet he didnt

• dazzler

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Why would moyes anyway when he’s getting in on the lingo in Spain.

O’leary would be a worry, but I defo think beardo.

• Sazzer

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Tiote and Willo both with an assist each today and Colback on the scoresheet. Tiote even put the ball in after the short bloody corner that led to the assist from Willo.

I think from all players especially Tiote deserves extra credit for his better than usual performance today.

Cisse also had better than usual performance in his overall game today. Sissoko should have done better when he was set up by Cisse.

And Perez was yet again brilliant.

• Mag52

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:42 PM

For me, this would be an ideal time to say goodbye to a club where, from the outset, there has been a loud body of opinion opposed,sometimes rationally, sometimes irrationally, to virtually every thing he does, culminating in the pathetic posters, organized by some ‘brave’ anonymous being, demanding his dismissal earlier in the season.
    AP, should he go now, will leave the club in a pretty healthy position for the start of the new year. It’s very possible that MA has let it be known that there will be little/no spending on the defence or attack during the January window and this would be a factor in his decision.
    I for one wish him well should he end up at Palace. He will find few owners as impossible to work for as Mike Ashley..

• mainemagpie

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Time for Paul Clement to try his hand at full Head Coach…experience with English, French and Spanish teams and players….knows what goes into a winning team…Newcastle would be a great entrance into the Premier League for him if Pardew is offered Palace.

• lesh

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM

But why do they read that [going to Crystal Palace]into Alan not doing the interview?

Wishful thinking, no more no less.

Rumours bouncing around Rangers fans that Pardew’s been offered a 24 year contract!!

If he’s going anywhere it’d be Rangers but that’ll wouldn’t happen until Ashley and the SFA have sorted out the matter of Ashley’s interest and control over Rangers.

So, wishful thinkers, don’t hold your breath.

While some ate throwing names of potential successors about, let’s not forget Joe Kinnear!!

• stripes1009

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM

As much as some of you won’t like it, If AP goes he will leave with a lot of credibility.
    He has worked in a environment where he wasn’t wanted. He has won a few ‘manager of the month’ awards etc……and he has worked within a ‘budget’ controlled management…….How many of us would have walked in his position?

Time for Frank de Boar to takeover and take us to the next level……?Watch out Europe, the Geordies are on the March…….

• stripes1009

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Without Alan Pardew…..hopefully.

• nufconceandfuturekings

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:17 PM

The usual crapola from the media re Cisse. If he’s done it, then ban it is. After that, move on, hacks. Re Pardew not turning up for the post match interviews, my first thought was that it’s connected to the Cisse ‘incident’. Alternatively, he wanted the rest of JC’s pie.

• dexter53

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Nufconceandfuturekings.

Ive just fallen in love????????????

• murvar

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:32 PM

The person I want to manage Newcastle and become our Shankly or Ferguson ie to create a dynasty of success at Newcastle is…………..GARY NEVILLE. Please, please can we have him at SJP Ashley???

• nufconceandfuturekings

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:18 PM

@Dexter 53:-
    Coincidence? I say that when I look in mirror.

• stuart no9

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Something is not right . Pardew refusing a post match interview when we have WON ? Very strange indeed however , a 3-1 win , a decent performance AND , talk of pardew leaving , it doesn’t get any better than that . Maybe it will be ahappy new year after all .

• perezthenewtorres

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I don’t understand why all the speculation? The media are always gonna jump straight on any inclination of pardew being ‘linked’ with the palace job. Although I agree with the fact that we have never seen pards absent from a press interview, this is all just press speculation trying to stir up a story and sell there paper tomorrow morming. A fantastic display from the Toon, Perez fast becoming our most consistent player.