We Took The Game To Everton And Deserved The Win

The fact that Alan Pardew did not speak to the press after Newcastle’s great 3-2 win at home to Everton today has fueled all kinds of wild rumors that he is on his way to Crystal Palace, a club he played for from 1987 through 1991.

alan pardew at home to everton

Alan Pardew on the sidelines today

But it would take around £6M for Pardew to break his eight year contract at Newcastle, and if Palace do come after Pardew, we are sure Mike Ashley will be a tough negotiator and £6M is a lot of money for a small club like Crystal Palace to come up with – for a manager.

If Pardew does shock everybody and walk out on Newcastle, then it’s a good question who could come in midway through the season to manage the club – we don’t see too many good managers on the sidelines these days waiting for their next job.

This is what assistant manager John Carver told BBC Sport after the game today:

“It’s nice to get a result after a tricky few games. We got off to a bad start but looked a different team after the first five minutes.”

“We took the game to Everton and got a deserved win. When you have had a run of games were you haven’t won, it’s very important to get the win.”

“We’ve got back-to-back home games with Burnley coming up. They had a great result today so we know it’s going to be a difficult game.”

“All I saw of the Cisse incident was Seamus Coleman lying on the floor. I have not had a chance to look at it.”

Burnley came back from 2-0 down at half time at the Etihad Stadium to draw 2-2 with Manchester City.

And another big talking point after the Newcastle game today was the elbow Papiss Cisse laid on Seamus Coleman, before a corner in the first half.

By all accounts the FA is now likely to ban Papiss for three matches for violent conduct – so it could be February before we see him playing for Newcastle again, since he will be off to join the Senegal squad over the weekend for the African Cup of Nations (AFCON).

We should find out how many games Newcastle players have missed this season – either through injury, suspension or away at the AFCON –  it will be mind-boggling.

Perhaps we should bring two strikers in during the January transfer window?

Note: Please see if you can help the Northumbria Police to find this missing person – thanks.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Sazzer

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:29 PM

pawl250
    I put him above Colo and Dummet mainly because of that save but yeah I forgot it was offside.

Maybe I should have put him below Colo and Dummet. Because there is at least some chance of Krul saving their second goal.

• Sazzer

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:29 PM

And his standard is below everyone elses from the start.

• scout

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Pardew has every right to leave hes been treat very poorly for a man on a very tight budget. I was one of the people slating him. Good luck to him if he goes.

• optimistic prime

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I hope Alan goes!

If he goes it would be my pleasure to piggy back him to London with no shoes on.

• santonthenewmaldini

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:37 PM

It would be typical Newcastle if Pardew left for Palace and then had them playing good football to watch ……

• 70TWO

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:41 PM

PLEASE let it be TRUE

• scout

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Ashley will fly the chopper if theres 5 million compo on offer. Then we will get Pulis in a SD cap

• beermonkey

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:42 PM

prime

u wont have to carry him down here
    if palace want to pay for the pleasure of the king I am sure Ashley’s chopper is fuelled and on stand by

• Black and White with an army lol

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Pardew to Palace – Ally to Newcastle?

Iv’e never laughed so much in my life and Iv’e meet Lee Evans 🙂

Pardew’s family lives down the south, this is probably the main reason why he didn’t attend, OH and ED Pardew ain’t on a lot of money here and Palace would offer him better money than MA.

But it’s all rubbish considering this is the same story with Pardew and Palace a few months ago and look how that turned out.

• SuperShearer

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:46 PM

While I doubt there is any truth to this story I am curious who would come in to manage us. Pullis? Moyes? Can’t see us paying the compo for the latter and suspect Pullis would want assurances that Ashley won’t give him. Maybe a foreign manager? But who?

• optimistic prime

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I don’t care if it’s false

Let me dream

• santonthenewmaldini

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM

@Black and White

The difference though was when he was asked before he had just started the season and been given his “Best Squad Ever” at the Toon

The Sack Pardew campaign had not begun either so a lot has changed since then

I see Steve Bruce’s contract is up in the summer would not surprise me if Ashley would get rid of Pardew and look to get Bruce on a free in the summer

• optimistic prime

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Ashley usually likes to promote from within, so if the chancer left my pennies would be on Beardsley getting the job.

• Black and White with an army lol

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:49 PM

If the story is true and Pardew leaves ( finally 🙂 ) then MA will bring in a manager like FDB.

Christophe Galtier would be my first choice above any manager ( except FDB )

Pulis – no chance ( wouldn’t want him here neither ) MA will scare him away with his demands

• optimistic prime

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I feel sorry for the Palace fans, and he’s our manager.

• Black and White with an army lol

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM

santonthenewmaldini

it’s still the same story the same with the transfers, for me I believe it when see it.

Also on wor Bruce I also don’t think he will come here not under MA anyway and to be honest I wouldn’t want him here, he doesn’t really have the skills with our kind of players to get the best out of them.

• beermonkey

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM

prime

lol I dont

• Black and White with an army lol

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM

MA wants stability at Newcastle so no doubt he will get a young manager

• JamesToon

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Palace pay compensation to get pardew.

We use that compensation to get Frank de Boer

• JamesToon

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Anyone reckon ashley could be rubbing his hands at the money he could get if palace get pardew?

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Rumours flying all over the place but seems to be stemming from 2 national tabloid articles, neither of which are really saying that much, and the fact he missed the post match conference.

Hard to know what to think but it’s never kicked off like this before. I’m mixed, my immediate thoughts were please let it be true but now I’m geniunely worried about who would be the replacement, and what the actual reasons would be for Pardew leaving.

I could see it happening if he’s spoken to Ashley about the new players and he’s said no chance and he also knows Sissoko et al could be pulled from under him at any moment in Jan.

Palace would offer him more freedom and say in the market, as well as him being a big fish in a small pond to further stroke his ego.

• santonthenewmaldini

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:02 AM

People say no one decent will work under Ashley well it must be tough:

Having a scouting team that can find you players such as Sissoko , Cabaye , Cabella, Perez to work with

Having 52k fans at every game that will support you even if your team plays shite and gets beat off your rivals 4 games in a row and puts up with every crap excuse you provide for terrible displays

Having an owner who by no means is perfect will not sack you if you are his man even if you break every bad club record and headbutt an opposition player

On the bad side we do sell players and do not replace them but this happens to teams all over the world and the manager has to adapt and deal with it usually by bringing someone through from the youth team

Cant help but feel if we got a coach who can work with continental players we would do so much better , the clubs reputation in the likes of France and Holland would be improved as well because the football we play cant be winning us any new fans

• g.s.tooner

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I would be very sorry to see Pardew leave. I like his passion for the game, I like his man management style.

Yes he has made mistakes but he has also done more for us than any other manager in a decade. He has had to dealk with morale destroying transfers and a penny pinching approach to transfer business.

This season has seen an unprecedented level of injuries which has decimated our squad. I would like to see what he could do with a full contingent….

I feel a certain level of pride that we have the second longest serving manager in the league, and satisfaction in a belief that we are trying to proceed in a more positive and productive way than in previous regimes where we have let managers go left right and center. A mentality that led to the sacking of the great Sir Bobby Robson, undoubtedly one of the most disgraceful actions in premiere league history.

Looking forward to hearing a statement from Pardew rubbishing these claims!!

• Sazzer

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:07 AM

At any other club:
    There is a small chance that a manager skipping interviews this close to the transfer window could mean that early business is to be done or at least tried.

• lesh

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Do we know if the referee actually saw and decided not to take action against Cisse?

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Has anyone else noticed that all of Jak Alnwick’s best saves are when the opposition are off-side?

• optimistic prime

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:10 AM

I hope we can get Frank De Boer for £2.50 cos we won’t get more than that for Alan

• GeordieGerman

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM

So who’s free? Neil Warnock. Effin great. Gentleman, always quite an

• wingspan

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Unless we get a top class upcoming manager like De Boer I’m a bit worried about this. Sometimes it really is better the devil you know. We all know we will dream off a top manager that plays attractive football but will end up with Pulis. All Ashley wants to do every year is survive! Nobody ambitious is gonna work for him.

And for all his faults i do believe pardew is a good man manager, the players all seem to like him. I would be a bit worried if he left as a lot of our players arnt actually very good once you take the black and white specs off.

• ilovetoon8788

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Be careful what u guys wish for. Under Ashley pardew could actually be the best man for it… Everything could be in turmoil if another unknown takes over.

I feel sorry for Pardew. And I hope he doesn’t leave.

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Whilst I would welcome any walkout of Pardum – lining up De Boer LMFAO.

With the current regime look for a non league up and comer!!!!

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Pleases Cisse played today – was worried we were saving him for the African Cup!!!

• JamesToon

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Wingspan

That is a good point BUT ashley’s policies it to buy low/develop youth players and sell high which is exactly what happens at Ajax, maybe he could see FDB as the perfect man to carry out those policies and still get success? Carr scouts holland a lot maybe he might recommend FDB to ashley?

FFS now all this speculation has got me dreaming of our new coaching setup

Manager: de Boer
    Assistant: Bergkamp
    Coach: Stam

Imagine that!!!!!!!!

• GeordieGerman

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Really looking forward to Neil Warnock managing us. Like they say. “you don’t know what you had till you lost it.”

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Wingspan – how very dare U

” as a lot of our players arnt actually very good”

I would say they would all get into the Chelski reserves

• JamesToon

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Gstooner

Sorry I don’t see any pride in rolling over to the Mackems 4 times in a row

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:22 AM

There’s also the thought that he could leave now on his terms with his reputation pretty much in tact before Cisse and Tiote leave for ACON and no reinforcements kill our season and it goes back to the weekly abuse and general hatred.

He probably can’t keep going through that year on year and we as fans certainly can’t so it could be good timing for him.

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM

At least Warnock would open up a discussion with the fans!!!

• optimistic prime

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM

All the talk of Pardew to Palace is making me smile. Not because I think he’s going there, but because some idiot thinks somebody’s stupid enough to pay compo for a complete turkey.

Pardews going no where, just like syphalis