We’ve Had Terrible Injuries That Everton Haven’t Suffered

Alan Pardew has said today that both Newcastle United and Everton have deserved more points from their games this season in the league, before the teams meet this afternoon in the late kick-off game (4:15 pm) and the game will be beamed live on TV around the world.

alan pardew somber

Alan Pardew – we’ve had terrible terrible injuries

Everton have been hit with injuries recently,  as have Newcastle and both sides could be without nine first team players for this game – so at least Newcastle are playing a weakened Everton side.

This is what Alan said today:

“We’ve had similar seasons really.” “We both probably feel as if we deserve more points than we’ve got but we are where we are.”

“We’ve had terrible, terrible injuries which they haven’t suffered.” “I’m hoping 2015 is going to bring us a much better year than this year purely because we’re hopefully going to have more personnel available than I’ve had.”

“It’s been a terrible year for injuries. It’s a fact.”

Over the season luck tends to even itself out, and if we lose games to late goals conceded – like we did last Sunday to Sunderland, then we also win games with late goals too – maybe even today?

Everton are nowhere near the team they were last season, and are even below Newcastle in the league table, being a couple of points and a couple of places behind us in 12th place.

Everton are not playing well at the moment, and in their last six league games they have one win and one draw and four defeats – 4 points from the last 18 played for.

It’s the exact same record that Newcastle have as we also have one win and one draw in the last six league games.

It’s a good opportunity for Newcastle to get our first league win since we hammered Chelsea 2-1 just over three weeks ago. 😀

More fans think we will lose this game than think we’ll win it.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Everton

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Note: Please see if you can help the Northumbria Police to find this missing person – thanks.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• John Tudor

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:26 AM

picture tells it all
    weasel

• Transfer Sage

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I’d have a lot more sympathy with him on injuries if he didn’t come out and say he plays unfit players against medical advice so this is part his own doing.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Sage,
    Yeah, it will help him playing with the senior team, but we haven’t made it say for him. If Pardew had it already in his mind Arma was likely to start some games over Xmas, he should have started at Spurs. He did okay at Old Trafford, but a tough place to make your first start, particularly when your team are constantly surrendering possession.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:34 AM

easy* for him..

• beermonkey

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:34 AM

sage

that 45 mins he gave Aarons was well worth it in the end, my only hope is he doesn’t ruin a career

Lilongwe

funny how we have to manage cisse I thinks its to do with the pins they put in there that are the prob I bet he goes to the acon and starts 2 games a week like you say

I would rather Armstrong went out on loan and played each week rather than a bit part he has with us but atleast he has got and gonna get some time

on rivi I wont judge the lad till he has played as part of a front 3 the role he played at Monaco from what I have read I certainly wont judge the lad on pards trying to make him a target man and leaving him more isolated than a leper
    I would like to see him start the burnley game in a 433 he took his 2 goals at palace well when he actually had some support

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:36 AM

TS,
    Not only says it but thinks he’s being clever by letting us know his football knowledge over rides their medical nous.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Beer

The from 6 I’d like to see today are

Sissoko, Colback. Cabella
    Perez, cisse, rivi

Cabella must play central for me, Tiote gives needless fouls and slows the game down so have Colback holding more with sissoko (both attacking when the chance arrives too) then have cabella in front of them.

Lil

Yeh I was saying earlier it’s much better if a kid can come into the side when it’s playing well or when the opposition is a little easier.

• GEORDIE69

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM

We’ve Had Terrible Injuries That Everton Haven’t Suffered!

Pardew excuse 1098 from 2014! Wonder if his wife bought him a 2015 excuse book for *ankers?

• Transfer Sage

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Jail

Very true. He did it with ben Arfa on that artificial pitch in minus temperatures a couple years ago and I presumed they must have said he was fit, but clearly its pardew who thinks he knows best.

I just want a good manager for a season, see if this side is as good as people say.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Beer,
    I’ve read a number of reports on Rivi, and spoken with French football fans out here and none of them rate him. He will never get the chance to play as part of a front three here because there are far better players than him. I can only see the signing of him as a massive panic buy after failing with Lacazette and Gomis. Monaco were more than happy to see the back of him by all accounts. His touch is poor, his movement is non existent. I just don’t see it.

I’d happily see him given a chance on the left, but with De Jong, Aarons, Cabella, Sissoko, Sammi, Perez and Ober all in the mix for roles just off a centre forward then I doubt he will get anywhere near.

With Cisse, the worry is that he plays a few games for Senegal and then returns here in bad shape and is missing for most of Feb and March as well.

• Novocastrian66

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Injuries and suspensions are part of football and the club should be prepared for it. He, as the manager should have made provisions to compensate for the loss of players because of either suspension and injury. By admitting we have lost points because of injuries is an admittance of poor management.
    As for 2014 being a terrible year for injuries, this club is always blighted by them and it is currently more noticeable due to the lack of cover for key personnel.

• GEORDIE69

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Pardew it is very simple! Demand money for a big squad or if refused walk away like a real man, stop getting shafted from your boss, collecting a huge wage and trying to get us Geordies to feel your hard done by!

Your as much to blame as Ashley for putting up with it!

• Tsunki

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Tiote gives us nothing going forward in fact slows down our forward momentum, but I would say he was missed against Man Utd. If only to cancel out the ridiculous spectacle of that numbnut Jones showboating against us with long striding runs right into our area. With the lack of someone like Abeid, Tiote should give us some steel just in front of our hapless defence, especially if Colback decides he’s going to switch off again.

I don’t think we need strikers at all. What we need is a creative midfield with a solid dm who knows how to distribute. If our attacking midfielders turned up, Cisse and Perez would score shed loads I’m telling you. Pardew needs to get someone in to coach the likes of Cabella, He failed miserably before with a creative player so I’m not holding my breath.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Sage,
    Tiote has to start for me. He was the key player missing against Man U. Colback was woeful, and got nowhere near Rooney all game. With Tiote in there Rooney would have had nowhere near the same amount of space to dictate the game. If the same happens with Barkley then we will be punished again.

I also don’t like Sissoko playing as a deeper midfielder. His passing is poor, and he still tries to run the ball out in areas that don’t hurt the opposition.

Colback Tiote Sissoko, Perez Cisse Cabbella would be the 6 for me.

• beermonkey

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

sage

cabella on the left of that 3 has he got the work rate to cover for the fullback there

• Transfer Sage

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Geordie69

Pardew has missed his chance. When we came 5th he should have said back me now, then if he was sacked or walked away he have strolled into a prem job easiy as he was manager of year and he was very well hyped up.

But by being soft he has dug a massive hole for himself.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Beer

It would be 433 so rivi is the wide man offering support to the fullback, cabella on the middle ahead of the other two.

Lilongwe

I see what you mean there but I don’t think tiote brings enough. The good he does defensively is outweighed by the fouls and slowing down of our play. For me tiote has played in many heavy defeats also so I don’t think he is missed.

Also don’t like he attitude, seems like he wants to be off and isn’t the same player.

• beermonkey

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:53 AM

we do have over the last couple of years a terrible injury record

but pardew has to take responsibility for some of it
    he has never rotates players and plays them till there out for weeks all players pick up knocks and there are times when especially leading up to xmas period when we can rotate a player he and there with pards its all or nothing he has no concept of blending a fringe player into his first 11
    and then on top of that the man plays unfit players returning from injury

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:54 AM

TS,
    Despite what people say about Pardews low wage, I reckon he’s on a huge, huge bonus if he sees that eight year deal through without getting us relegated, set for life for talking bollox to a few thousand fick Geordies.

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM

He can blame himself for Aarons and Siem

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:39 PM

and Everton have had massive injuries. their best player Barkley has missed half the season & 9 first teamers are out now.

Most our injuries are to squad players. Although we could do with a keeper we have had a strong 11 for most games. Man for man we should have beaten Sunderland easy.