Some Reasons Why Pardew May Want To Leave Newcastle

It would be a huge surprise if Alan Pardew is indeed ready to walk out on Newcastle this week, after owner Mike Ashley has been so loyal to him over some very difficult circumstance this year.

alan pardew rubbing brow

Alan Pardew – why would he want to leave Newcastle

But that’s the latest news doing the rounds today, after Crystal Palace sacked their manager Neil Warnock on Saturday and are looking for a replacement.

There are two things that have started the avalanche of rumors – one was on Saturday evening there was apparently a lot of money came into Skybet for Pardew, and he went from 20-1 to 4-7 odds on to become the Palace manager.

The other thing was after Newcastle’s great 3-2 win over Everton yesterday, Alan sent John Carver out to do the rounds with the press – presumably because he didn’t want to face questions about the Palace job.

Crystal Palace is one of Alan Pardew’s former clubs, and he played for them from 1987 through 1991, and he also has a family home in Surrey which is close to the Palace training ground.

So maybe an attraction for Pardew is that he can go back home, and there will be a lot less pressure on him as the Crystal Palace manager than there is as the Newcastle United manager.

Another reason he may be thinking of moving is that a majority of  Newcastle fans have never taken to him and the sack pardew brigade made that clear with their banners – although we haven’t heard much from them since the last article they wrote in mid November.

But at least a section of Newcastle supporters have always been hostile to Alan as the Newcastle manager.

Pardew is said to be on around £800K a year base salary plus incentives that could raise his wages to around £2M a year – depending on how Newcastle do during the season, and he will get a lot less than that at Palace,  who don’t have the financial resources of Newcastle.

Another reason he could be thinking of moving is that he did mention during the bad spell at the beginning of the season, that the pressure  was affecting the family.

And as every married man knows that if Momma aint happy – nobody is happy – so it could be for family reasons – even if it means taking a wage cut.

And then there are the recent results against Sunderland – and he became the first Newcastle manager in history to lose four games in a row – and that may not be the end of it either, since Gus Poyet is now 5-0 against Pardew in head to head competition with Brighton and now Sunderland.

But there are also barriers to the move, and the main one is the £6M compensation Palace will have to pay Newcastle to take Alan – and Mike Ashley will not give in on that score.

Alan Pardew knows the Palace co-chairman Steve Parish, and there could have been some unofficial talks already taken place.

But Pardew has also been under enormous stress this year at Newcastle, and although he seems to be mentally as tough as bricks,  it could be wearing him out a bit – and your health is always more important then big money.

Those seem to be some of the reasons why Alan would want tot leave Newcastle for a smaller club.

But we’d still be very surprised if it happens, and we can only assume that Ashley has made contact with his manager to find out what’s going on.

If Alan does leave we could be struggling to get a good manager in for the rest of the season.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• ilovetoon8788

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:53 AM

This whole pardew fiasco is gathering so much heat.
    I really hope pardew stays. Only because you never know what u get with Ashley. Warnock or Pulis might come in.

Better the devil I know. Pardew is decent and has really done well amidst some fierce abuse from fans. I feel sorry for him. And hope he sticks with us.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Sparky55,
    I’ve read it, how does it prove that he owes him money ? As I said there’s no proof either way, I choose not to believe it.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Pardew doesn’t pwe any money to ashley.

For one why would ashley lend him money?

And two why would he then hire him and pay him, he’d just let him work elsewhere and get it back that way.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I wonder if those fans getting worried about who’ll come in would have been so worried had we failed to score after they went ahead like we have done so often in the past.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:59 AM

TS,
    Or he’d take proceedings to confiscate his 1M family home.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Pulis would get us more points than pardew I guarantee that. He organises his team well, makes very clever set pieces, rarely gets 3/4-0 hammerings as we often do and he uses pace up top/out wide very nicely.

Not a typical modern style but a good manager for achieving stability which is what ashley likes.

• optimistic prime

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Pardew doesn’t owe Ashley money, if he did his tshirt and track suit would be covered in SD adverts.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Jail

Exactly. If somebody owes you money you don’t employ them, it’s just not how the world works in afraid, makes a nice story though.

• John Tudor

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:00 AM

ohh dear what can the matter be three old gits locked in the lavatory

• Ibizatoon

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Was it really a majority that “never” took to Pardew?

I know he wasn’t a popular choice, but I would say, from what I’ve seen, that the majority really got behind Pardew. Sure he’s always had his catchys, I mean critics, but that’s expected in all walks of life.

The sackpardew.com “brigade” came about after 2-3 years of frustration, dross, lies and no progress. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am mixed on Pardew. In no way am I a supporter anymore, nor do I go weak at the knees when he wears his glasses, but I refuse to condemn as the worst manager to ever walk the face of the Earth, as he is not that bad.

I think it’s fair to say, as far as the fan base is concerned, his time is pretty much up. With the exception of going on a season long run of form, there is too much built up resentment now imo, but that is not the same as not giving the man a chance.

My word of caution though, is that it is likely imo, that whoever comes in next will likely fit a similar profile. So, will any new guy be afforded the same patience?

I suppose that depends on whether Ashley is willing to try something new.

• optimistic prime

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM

JFA

It knarked me yesterday watching us tread water until Everton scored then we actually tried.

I’m sick of the inept one and even after a win I couldn’t enjoy it , good job Everyon where so poor.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM

On the topic at hand….

Palace would definitely appeal to pardew. We might be a bigger club but under Ashley we are as likely to win something as palace are but there is much more pressure from our fans to win. It’s a no win situation for the manager.

Add to that he can be close to home, live in London area, have a similar pay, but more control on signings I imagine…just better life for him.

• John Tudor

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:04 AM

the makem results and his past club records alone are testament to his short comings as a so called manager

• Klam3r

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Better the devil you know… That would get us absolutely nowhere. A very defensive way of thinking, and very siomuar to Pardew. I guess it makes sense.

I really look forward to the day Pardew is replaced. One thing is for sure, it will happen.

• WWSBRD

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM

JfA
    To be fair it is a double edged sword getting rid of Pardew, he is average and we play poor football imo but who Ashley could bring in is a worry

He is firmly a jobs for friends owner so although the talk of FDB is exciting it will likley never happen. Sherwood is most likely, Pulis short term contract or Bruce behind him I’d imagine

Equally affects on the squad cant be ignored, Pardew is liked within the team by all accounts and him leaving could hurt an already fragile harmony, the new manager may return to older heads removing the youth that has been blooded this season and for me the young ones that have come through have shown up the more experienced counter parts

Personally I still want to see him replaced but its a leap of faith really

• nico

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM

@ Jail for Ashley and others

Under Bobby Robson we played some good football, but apart from that I really struggle to remember when we played better than we do now. Supporters have always moaned. I don’t think we are playing brilliant football, but normally play ok.
    Other teams, especially the top teams are better now than what they were 20+ years ago.
    Seriously I would love another manager to come in and get us playing better and winning games and get us into Champs League, but I don’t think that is possible.
    With the financial constraints we have, a top 8 finish for me is decent.
    I look at other teams play in Prem league and apart from Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Southampton and Man U, we are even or better. Even the teams mentioned don’t play well some times.
    I think Pardew makes mistakes, but also gets it right on lots of occasions. I would love to see a good Cup run and was gutted when we went out, injuries and suspensions cost us, but as for league finish, 6th would be unreal, 9th in minimum.

What do you think needs to change before you get what you want?
    What is it you want?

• Transfer Sage

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM

OP

For me yesterday’s game was great. Obviously we could play a bit better football if I’m being picky and not as sloppy at the back, but it was good to see a bit of fight to come from behind and we got some nice goals.

Big Assist for Mike Williamson too, puts him level with cabella haha

• Transfer Sage

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Wwsbrd

All we can hope for is ashley had the sports direct team building weekend in Amsterdam and he happened to bump into de boer, became best of pals and he is ready to come over haha

• WWSBRD

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Ibiza
    I got behind Pardew, I liked him even…always wanted Hoots to of stayed but since that couldnt be changed I backed Pardew and he does well when not up against it.

If he has his full team and they are playing for him then he is fine but as soon as something goes wrong the team crumbles and thats either weak players or weak management and our team has always been changing

• Transfer Sage

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Nico

The difference is that we see teams like Swansea andSouthampton playing nice football on the eye with players around our standard. Even sunderland keep the ball well just they lack the quality we have to make than final ball.

We can play nice stuff, but we want to see it more consistent.

• blew

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:11 AM

The under 21s are top of their league,
    they have shape, pace and style. No
    small matter that Peter Beardsley is in
    charge. I believe he would influence the
    1st team and should at least be head coach.

• WWSBRD

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Sage
    We can hope mate but more likely he bumped in to Sherwood in a back end boozer

• stuart no9

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:12 AM

My idea of the next NUFC manager . He will be honest to the fans . He will put out a team to win every game .\His post match interview will reflect the true picture of a game we have witnessed. He will take responsibility for every defeat . He shall not take the fans for granted.he will have ambition .he will endeavour to play the game the correct way . He will attempt o bring out the best in every player young and old .he Will remain honest in every aspect of his appointment as manager of Nufc . He will attempt to put the pride back into nufc . Be gracious in defeat and to opposition managers . Learn from mistakes . In return we will back you to the hilt . We will make your time on Tyneside an unforgettable experience . Win lose or draw , give your all to the club and you will reap the rewards even if we win nothing , you will be idolised, just like KK and SBR . Pardew has fitted none of this criteria . If the next manager does , then welcome to NUFC

• Goofy

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Hopefully Pardew will be leaving, Palace or Rangers, not bothered who comes in we’ll worry about that bridge when we come to it, definitely time for a change me thinks.

Yesterdays win actually shocked me, did nit see that 1 coming. Perez was outstanding again. If Rivierre never got that knock earlier on in the season I doubt Perez would’ve got his chance and our position might’ve been a lot worse right now. Not saying Perez has done it all but think he’s inspired the rest of the team to press like he does, never seen an attacker press that much making class defenders f&@k up.
    Jaanmat znd Colback have impressed me.
    Dummett should be in CB with Haidara on the left but Pardew keeps throwing Williamson in, the man is fu#@ing useless, fair enough he had a key pass yesterday but think he only had 3 touches the whole game, non existent for most of the game. Williamson always points to another player when someone is about to pass him the ball, even when the nearest opposition player is 10 yards away, if you don’t want the ball why are you here?

• Transfer Sage

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Stuart

No chance with that list. Managers rarely take the blame now as they know how fragile their jobs are.

• dazzler

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:13 AM

FDB would be perfect. Beardo is likely. The silence is deafening from the club

• stephen1971

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:14 AM

taxi for pardew please and take goofy with you, i think beardsley would be a fine enough choice to take us through to the end of season while the club work on getting the right manager in , pundits etc are giving pardew all the credit for the good run we had but for me it was,nt his skills, it was we had that many so called first team injuries (first team that was getting pumped) or the young boys would never of got a game , young perez might of got a couple of cameos this season , far too inconsistent and plays players in positions against their strengths,

• optimistic prime

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Transfer

It knarked me because it was obvious who the problem is in this team, I enjoyed the fight back but it wound me up that we did nothing until Everton scored.

Actually chuffed for Colback to get his goal, when big Mike cut the ball back my mate started shouting “you useless ••••” but couldn’t finish his sentance once Cisse smashed it in. Perez looked great again.

I’m tired of Pardews tenure and I couldn’t handle another season of highs and real low lows, I doubt many of our fans want a repeat of last 2-3 years.

Time to say goodbye

• John Tudor

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:16 AM

who ever the fat man rolls in will show his intent a bad choice will only show him more hatred and will reveal his wicked intentions

• tequilamag

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:17 AM

That is hilarious 3 defeats and the pitchforks will be out.

• lesh

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Ed’s missed a key factor that could influence any manager to walk from any club – a clear lack of support in terms of investment in additional and quality incomers to strengthen a weak squad and more particularly, selling top players without adequate replacements being available to draw on. Selling top players does as we all know, impact on players’ perception of the club’s direction and ambition and morale.

Those factors alone would sicken any manager, no matter how mentally strong. And Pardew, like him or not, whether he’s supportive or not of Ashley’s strategy in principle, a manager can only work with what’s available to him. Add to that that when the owner’s seemingly focused on the bottom line and annually weakens the squad, the patience and stamina of a saint would be stretched.

So, if Pardew’s playing politics with Ashley (note his recent comments about the need for players that’s been apparent for the last few years), then best of luck to him as in any event, he may even succeed in focusing Ashley’s attention onto having quality playing resources and investment rather than selling players, then not only will he have done his own pride and self-esteem a power of good, but done the club and any replacement such ae De Boer a massive service by changing Ashley’s view of the purpose and status of Newcastle United.

Whichever way it goes, best of luck to Mr Pardew.

• Markaccus

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I think players like goofy, rivvy et.c may improve under a manager who plays a more positive system, so if Pardew leaves i’d be willing to give these lads more time. Trouble is if we get one of the Masters of the Hoofiverse (pulis, curbishley and the like) they probably wont get any better

• Ibizatoon

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Yo… I know mate. I get that lately Pardew has been getting some serious stick, but it annoys me that all of a sudden it’s a case of the “majority never accepting him” or something along those lines. It’s simply not true.

The majority gave him a good chance imo. Pardew and the club themselves were responsible for it all going to sh*t, not the fans.

Anyway…

For those who are saying the clubs silence is deafening…are you serious?

Have you not encountered our marvelous PR team before? You expect them to work so close to Christmas?

I can imagine the line coming out about not being able to respond to every bit of press specuation that comes around – we’re busy running a football club 😉

• Transfer Sage

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Op

Everton scored after 6 minutes. Hardly like it took us that long to get going

• tequilamag

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM

There are plenty of reasons for Pardew to walk away from what is a pretty thankless task but I just don`t see Palace as that attractive an option. Not exactly the safest job in the Pl and they are looking very likely to go down.

• Ibizatoon

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Markaccus is championing Pulis again…honestly, get a room:)

OP…Something tells me you’re desperate for this speculation to be true?

• WWSBRD

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Ibiza
    Yeah mate I dont like that craic either…tbh theres a few opinions shown as fact that pop up around NUFC that do nothing but annoy me

• mindshaft

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Not so sure why people think pard’s would goto palace – no money and almost certain relegation , pulis left because of restrictions on player budget
    I know pard’s loves London but I think his ego thinks he can get arsenal/Chelsea/spurs job rather than palace

• lesh

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Aye stuart no9, I liked your man-spec for any new manager.

Expecting Ashley to recruit such a Super-hero, is almost like Ashley giving you a budget of £20 and telling you to furnish your home from Harrods.

Dream on Stuart, dream on.

• Ibizatoon

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Tequila…As usual, I am jumping both sides of this fence with regards to whether he would want to go to Palace or not.

My thinking is it probably will come down to reasons we’re not even aware of.

For someone who apparently has the safest job in football, at a PL club like Newcastle – it would seem risky to go to a club like Palace who make us look like a really established club who know what they’re doing.

Still, he may well have had enough…I know a lot of the fans have.

1 2 3 7