Sissoko – I Said All Along I Was Happy At Newcastle

We may hear from Newcastle players soon about what they think of Alan Pardew leaving the club, although they will probably not be allowed to talk about it until Newcastle bring in a  replacement for Alan  – very soon we hope.

moussa sissoko afetr  scoring qpr

Moussa Sissoko – happy at Newcastle

There are rumors that Mike Ashley may sell Moussa Sissoko next month if somebody comes in with a £16M bid for him.

In fact since that’s the figure Mike seems to want for the Frenchman – we will sell Moussa if a club comes in with that offer next month.

That’s unless Moussa will be like Cheick Tiote almost four years ago, when the Ivorian made it clear he wanted to stay on Tyneside and rejected a move to Chelsea, after he had only been at the club for six months.

This is what Moussa has said in the Sun today:

“I said all along I was happy here at Newcastle.” “I will be here and trying to do my best for this club in 2015.” “I have played in different positions and on Sunday against Everton I was asked to play on the right side.”

“I have played in the No 10 spot as well.” “The coach considers me an important part of the group.” “I have sometimes been handed the captain’s armband and I am very happy with my role here.”

“I am very happy with my role here”

Wonder if he’ll be as happy after Alan leaves Newcastle – probably today.

Pardew is apparently set to sign a £2.5M/year (£1.5M base plus bonuses) four-year deal at Selhurst Park, and it’s hard to know just how Crystal Palace can afford those wages for a manager.

But we suppose it’s worth it if Alan can keep them in the Premier League.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• jazzyp

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Slank
    Perez if carries on developing like he is would be worth at least 10-15 mill within the next 2 year. He’s young and has an abundance of talent and often stands out a mile above most of our current crop.
    For me mate he still has a lot to learn but could be something special.
    Riviere on the other hand does not look the answer we crave up front and Faccunda loan deal should be cut short and be packed off to Genoa with open arms

• Transfer Sage

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Ed. Why couldn’t they afford those wages for a manager.

1.5mil a year is 30k a week, hardly extravagant in prem league terms.

• catchy in norway

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:10 AM

tequila

yours is a catch 22, you want the club to do well so then pardew would do well ?

that was never ever going to happen.

as i have said many times, its all about football, the reason you support a club is because you should like football,
    p45 has proven that to him its all about him, he has had some fantastic players to work with, yet never got the best out of any of them, because he needs every player just to do a job, he dosnt trust player to use his ability, for him its all about getting everyone in the team to contain the opposition, long punts up field and hope someone gets lucky.
    if you can not see that , it only goes to prove you know very little about football.

• Ibizatoon

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Well he’s definitely off then 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Catchy…Perhaps, it’s all guesswork. Just like your stance in that Pardew could be credited for little, I have a similar, although imo not quite as obsessive, stance with reagrds to Ashley.

Why speculate to give Ashley credit? He could have held out for more? Hardly an amazement endorsement.

Beer…I doubt it’ll happen tbh. As you say, he seems to have his head screwed on and seems happy at the club. Let’s hope he’s not off, our only other goal scorer is off to ACoN soon.

• jazzyp

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM

That’s 2 players coming out and stating there happy at Nufc.
    Wonder if its because they have all got what they wished for at last like the fans

• catchy in norway

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Aitor Karanka for me

Aitor Karanka
    Aitor Karanka

Aitor Karanka

Aitor Karanka

Aitor Karanka
    Aitor Karanka

• Transfer Sage

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Catchy

I don’t think ashley tried to keep pardew as he knows he is an average manager who does the minimum, he can’t find plenty like that out there so why not take a few million and let a want away manager leave.

Can’t keep a manager who wants to go, it wouldn’t work.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Catchy

I’ve bee signing Karankas praises all season, been to watch a couple boro games this season, can really see the organisation in both attack and defence.

• beermonkey

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:13 AM

jazzy

that’s a lot of effort for xmas

I went up Snowdonia as a teenager and spent a lot of time hiking around there it is lovely not to fussed on the welsh there rude if you get up high you used to be able to watch the airforce practice low level flying there nuts

there is a little hotel near Snowdonia I was gonna take the misses to and perpose but not got round to it yet

Ibiza

yeah its a concern without cisse but I think we will cope de jong will be training soon
    some1 said tiote is injured for 6 weeks is this true

• tequilamag

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Catchy you say you support a club because you love football. That is a given if you did not like football why would you support anyone.
    What I can`t get my head around is that you think it`s ok to withdraw support when you disagree with something. That is just acting like a spoiled brat in a huff.,
    I loathe Ash but I still love Newcastle because I can differentiate between a person I don`t like and the club which is a totally different thing. Ash will go same as every other owner payer or manager. The club will always remain

• catchy in norway

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM

ibiza

its not so obsessive, i gave my reasons , its was all about the football,
    if you dont make a noise , nothing will ever happen, and lets face it, maybe lots on here dont like what i have said or how i say it, but its been pretty much bang on the money, stats and facts back it all up,

• beermonkey

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

given the fact were not safe yet and the chances are we will limp to the end of the season with beardo and carver running things would it not be suicide to sell sissoko in jan

I know its Ashley but we will lose a lot more than the profit on sissoko if we went down and he can still cash in when we get to the summer

• tequilamag

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Beermonkey. It would be crazy to sell him in Jan with Tiote and Abeid away. Will leave us very light in CM.
    having said that nothing surprises me about this club anymore

• Graeme

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM

• jazzyp

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Beermonkey

We staying in Dolgellau in a lodge in the woods with stunning views of all the surrounding mountains.
    Ya right about the Raf…..every morning around 9-10 am they circle the mountain range at low altitude and the noise is deafening

• jimiley

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM

None of those managers lost six nil at home (Pool) and then three nil to the Scum. None of them lost five games in a row on two occasions. None of them lost 4 in a row to the Scum. They scored from a corner more than every TWO years ( we have not) and they did no go 26 games without turning a half time deficit into a win. We have played 26 times and been behind at half time and managed two draws and 24 defeats. Lets throw in a relegation as well. The club had no money at all in the 80s ( Pards was saved from a second relegation when we bought 5 French players in Jabuary) and a couple of managers were very poor but none were worse than Pards. The worst ever.

• catchy in norway

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

transfer

i 100% agree, actions speak louder than words,

and on Aitor Karanka, i have watched a couple of matches too, WOW, i think he is going to be a top top coach.

but my second choice is Steve McClaren, i have watched them too, he has them playing fantastic football, i think he has learned a lot in the last few years, and when you look back, he finished 7th with borough and won a cup, he was doing quite well with them

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Jimiley,
    When did Pardew get us relegated?

• Belfast

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Ibiza your return saddens me.

I think I may have a breakdown when the Danish dazzler returns.

Help

• Half_toon

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Not getting much of a mension, but would put him top of the pile… Eddie Howe.

One of the best prospects in the English game, Howe’s guided Bournemouth from the lower leagues to the top of the Championship.

• jazzyp

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Graeme

Carver and stone to take charge Thursday against Burnley. I was hoping Pardew would take this pair with him
    Colo would be a mistake as a player manager as this never works for me

• AncientC

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Guido Albers, De Boer’s representative, told Sky Sports that no contact has been made.

“Frank will never leave Ajax during this season,” Albers said. “There has been no contact to myself, or Ajax, from another club for Frank. We have received no approach at this stage.”

Well of course De Boer is not available, it is not like Guido Albers would get a pay-day if his agent moved clubs or anything. The ol’ “they want what they can’t have” dangling carrot… c’mon Ashley, take the bait!

• Transfer Sage

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Catchy

I’m not a huge fan of mclaren. He is doing pretty well with Derby and did very well in Holland. I can’t explain why but something just doesn’t sit right for me with him, think he isn’t quite good enough.

• Belfast

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Pardew holding up the Palace shirt will probably be the most enjoyable picture in blog history.

I’m eagerly waiting the said picture

• jimiley

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Lilonge,

Agreed, it just seems he has been here for ever.

• Belfast

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Karanka is a good shout. Plays exciting football.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Mclaren is a great coach first and foremost, not a great manager.

Under Ashley we need a coach rather than a manager. Mclaren also knows Holland and Germany fairly well so it makes sense. Don’t think he’d leave Derby though, he’s got a good job there.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Carver and Stone in charge for the next 2 matches according to the Beeb.

What is taking so long with the Pardew discussions? Imagine if they couldn’t come to an agreement, the blog/twitter/Newcastle would go into meltdown.

• jazzyp

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Soccer Sauce
    ?@soccer_sauce Hearing that Fabricio Coloccini has been offered the #NUFC managerial position till end of season….

• Ron Knee

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:29 AM

What time is the press conference? Does anybody know?

• davetoon

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Dont think Ashley would even consider FDB.

He is looking for another employee to toe the party line after he was burnt by KK… well Im sure thats how he sees it anyway

Not expecting much but even a fresh start is a good thing

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:29 AM

It’s a sad indictment of how far we as a club have fallen under Ashley that Pardew Would rather manage Palace though.

• optimistic prime

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:30 AM

• tequilamag

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:31 AM

jmiley different eras and circumstances but Pardew had a higher win rate than every manager in the 60s barring Arthur Cox.

• tequilamag

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:31 AM

80 s

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I’d be surprised if the FA gave dispensation to allow Colo to take over. I don’t think he has any coaching badges, and dispensation generally comes with an allotted time to get to the required level.

• jazzyp

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Lilongwe
    Agree mate think the Colo link is dead in the water

• tequilamag

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Lilo cool management by committee., We did that up until 1930 and won loads of Silver

• jazzyp

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM

GFFN can confirm initial, exclusive reports from our colleagues at Foot Mercato that Hatem Ben Arfa has been informed that he is expected to return to Newcastle for training on the 2nd January.

He was expected to be on his way out of the Pardew-led club but now, with the departure of the current manager expected to be formalised in the next 48 hours, it is possible that HBA manages to reintegrate himself into the Magpies’ squad.

The player remains the subject of heavy interest from Nice and a couple of Spanish sides principally, after interest from Bordeaux and Hamburg has dropped off in recent days.

GFFN exclusively revealed last week that Hull City had terminated their loan deal with the player, who initially wanted to terminate his contract with Newcastle so that he could join a club for free next month.

1 2 3 8