Shearer – Pardew Better Off At Palace – Here’s Why

Alan Shearer has given a long interview with the BBC and he talks about Newcastle and their search for a new head coach – but he also talks about the owner  Mike Ashley – who is obviously the reason why Newcastle will not advance as a football club any time soon – well to be more specific – as long as he is the owner of Newcastle United.

Alan Shearer +Emeralds+Ivy+Ball+Arrivals+xjLhBDsSJyPl

Alan Shearer – Ashley never tells us anything

With Alan Pardew having left the club, it’s obvious the English Billionaire has no real ambitions for Newcastle other than to keep us in the Premier League and in the top ten – if possible.

How depressing.

Alan was asked what Mike Ashley’s plans may be for the future of Newcastle:

“I don’t know what they are because he never tells us anything.” “He doesn’t speak to anyone, but there’s a small part of me that thinks he might have given Alan Pardew a nod.”

“It did make me laugh when I heard people saying that Alan wouldn’t leave Newcastle to go to Crystal Palace.”

“There’s a million reasons why Alan would leave Newcastle to go to Crystal Palace – he’d be on a better salary at a football club where the fans would want him, he would buy and sell the players he wanted.”

“There’s three or four very, very good reasons to start with.” “That’s where Newcastle are as a football club I’m afraid. Not good news but we’re used to that.”

There are reports today that Newcastle may sell Moussa Sissoko and Ayoze Perez this January,, but the Eurosport France report that Newcastle are in advanced discussions with PSG for the transfer of Moussa Sissoko – may not be true.

We really hope that Ashley doesn’t sell any of our players in this transfer window,  if only because if he behaves himself, we can then potentially get a good coach into the club.

But we’re afraid a lot of people are now only too well aware of what’s Ashley’s reasons are in owning Newcastle United – and it’s not to make us into a top club.

It’s all so sad. 🙁

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Tsunki

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Bpc and Our Toon – yes and those are nice stats I love stats me. Thing is, when Cisse isn’t playing, someone else is, and as we saw last year, goals can from elsewhere on the pitch when your number nine continually blanks. Dont get me wrong, I knew he wasn’t a flash in the pan as some would have had us believe during his lean spell, but I believe that the chance for other players to step up in his absence might be a good thing for us, as our forward play has been pretty one dimensional and easily read. Cue the new coach and hopefully a more creative system, involving strike options from attacking midfielders as well. Perez I think can score goals and with Ameobi, Aarons and de Jong hopefully lining up for return out options fir variation will increase. Nobody is indispensable is what I am saying.

• Brutooon

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:26 PM

It is totally true. Under Mike Ashley we will expect as follows:

1) we will sell our best players – Sissoko and Ayoze will be sold when good offer is at the table.

2) we will never get a good run at any of the cups – as per MA instruction.

3) Mid-table and avoid relegation is our target. Dont expect us to be at top 6.

We shouldn’t compare us during our Entertainers Day. Under MA it wont happen. Let jus lower our expectation

• croftus5678

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:34 PM

@1 tsunki

when cisse isnt playing your right we do have other options just not as prolific options !

perez/obertan/aarons/siem/sissoko are our best options at a goal with cabella/abied/colback/river/goofy chipping in with the odd 1 or 2 even janmaat could get a couple a season but in fairness to cisse you could take 2-3 of any on that list and cisse would score as many as them combined.

i am one who said his first half season was a fluke tbh and his next season i had though i was proven right but this season i must admit he is having me eating my words and sticking up for him in posts like this i’m afraid 🙁

• Lost Plot

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Shearer speaking the exact words on everyone’s tounge but promting the Big Man is more unpredictable than knowing how much a first class stamp gonna cost this time next year.

Since most of us wanted Pards out .. U can’t say Ashley hasn’t listned .. It’s the next move that’ll be interesting

Hope we have a Man in the frame watching from stands on Saturday ready for weeks ahead!

HWTL

• Offkey

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Really the 10 million ‘profit’ the other year was due to amortization (spelling?). There was operating loss of 600k, but splitting the fees paid forplayers over the length of the contract gives the finances the look of a healthy profit, this is standard and did not include cabayes sale as far as I am aware

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM

We all know it’s not good with Ashley at the club, but does anyone have £300 mil?

…or knows someone who has?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:40 PM

• MacToon

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:40 PM

p // Jan 6, 2015 at 9:53 PM

@67 – where do get the idea that we are filling his pockets. Profits were 10m quid last year.

p // Jan 6, 2015 at 10:11 PM

10m was for year ending in June, figures are not out for this year.

—————————————-

If you actually read the link, the figures are for:

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Accounts for the year to 30 June 2013
    ———————————————-

So the NEW premiership deal money should be added to this £10m profit figure (approx.) which not only vastly increases profit but will automatically decrease wage to income %

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:40 PM

• jimmysmith

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:41 PM

I think Ashley’s time has come. He needs to give back or risk the fans turning quite viciously, because we know the profits are now there. The free advertising seems at face value reasonable to me considering the investment he’s made so far, and the profits from the merchandising would seem quite small. You might accept that as owner he’s entitled to take this, if that’s indeed all he’s taking. I don’t even mind the sale of players, so long as the squad is ultimately strengthened, and seemingly we now have a squad with the depth that might allow cope better with the immediate loss of a player we can’t hold on to. But it only holds water if the profits otherwise generated are reinvested. If not, really, he will deserve real and lasting abuse, and it seems to me if we are going to see the investment we want, in a better side, we’ll start to see it now or very likely never.

• p

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Is it me or does everyone else question Carver’s footballing acumen? His inteligence in general?

Also, does anyone wonder why after throwing away the lead twice against Burnley, then losing to a relegation fighting club in the cup put his name in the hat in the press conference after that very game whilst also acknowledging that the boos from supporters were deserved.

• p

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:43 PM

@8, I would not rely too heavily on the Star for reliable information of any kind, even the horoscopes

• Offkey

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:44 PM

I read that stuff I wrote somewhere about the accounts somewhere the other day……I am not an accountant

• sparky55

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:47 PM

P…yep…he’s a shoe-in for the top job for sure!

• Tsunki

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:48 PM

I stand by what I said, when Cisse isn’t available our goals will come from elsewhere, same as when we are playing badly, he never gets a sniff. And for the amount of games he will be away at the ACoN I don’t think it’ll make much impact. What WILL Make an impact is if we are still trying to fudge along with carver and stone and continuing with our shapeless and lacklustre performances. Cisse or no Cisse we will suffer unless we get a decent coach, with some clue, in quickly.

• Tsunki

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Perez for me with more game time. and played correctly and in position would be better than cisse. Just as instinctive, but better feet (much better first touch and much better pass weight) and can actually dribble. There I said it.

• Tsunki

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Oh and btw I love Cisse to bits and supported him all the way through the dark days when it seemed the majority wanted to get rid of him.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:56 PM

p…I have lived in England – tell what paper I can trust again? 😉

• p

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:00 PM

It’s true, we don’t know what the deal is this year financially.

It seems the club has been more frugal than ever, reinvesting only transfer proceeds in the summer recruitment binge whilst other clubs spunked their tv windfall on anyone they could.

I did hear someone talk about a big amount being spent on the academy at the drop of a hat – maybe someone knows if that is true.

Additionally, I think they are building a new training centre right? That would not be cheap presumably.

We will see though. If revenue shoots up and wages are relatively stable, with profits also rising, it would suggest an under investment in the club. Then it’s a question of where is that dosh going.

If it means Mikey gets his money back quicker and then a matter of him selling, I think most would take that.

• Tsunki

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Jesper – it’s called Izal. Rarely tears 🙂

• p

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:02 PM

jesper, that is true but, the Star has to be the worse.

If it was in one of the broadsheets it might have a bit more credibility.

• firebug666

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:04 PM

• Tsunki

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:05 PM

But it’s pretty abrasive. Medicated though.

• MacToon

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:06 PM

P. You are missing by a year. The figures you said (£10mil profit) was for “to June 2013”.
    Comprende?

Last year (to June 2014) will be released soon, probably February and will include the new premiership money deal. This years account (to June 2015) will not be released until next year —–

• Our Toon

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:06 PM

P

Apparently Wonga deal was supposed to help subsidise costs for academy and other facilities. Problem is they talk out of there arse, constantly covering for lies by telling more lies.

• Our Toon

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Lads let’s be realistic here, we aren’t getting a new man until before Chelsea, no way would he appoint someone knowing we have 98% chance of losing. We most likely won’t bring in a new man until the window closes, no new manager with self respect will accept losing key player/s.

Chances are Carver till the end of the season!!

• Our Toon

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:14 PM

After not before Chelsea game

• jimmysmith

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Tiote has been getting grief, and I’d agree he’d do better to always look to play the earlier, easier ball, but he will be BADLY missed against Chelsea. It’s Anita and Colback at the bridge, I suppose, with Dummett and Colo behind them, against that midfield, and that attack. Yikes!

• firebug666

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:17 PM

If by a miracle we get a result against Chelsea on Saturday, Carver will get the job, cheap option and he will always have we beat Chelsea on his CV. Just as the inept one had we came 5th one year.

• MacToon

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:20 PM

If we’re delaying getting a new manager/coach to get the “right” man then fine. Problem is Ashley’s has shown to have little to no ambition for the footballing side of NUFC.. except that affordable football and lust for mid-table mediocrity.

I’d be happier with Carver, for the time being, if he wasn’t clearly following club protocol/ Ie. lying through his teeth.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Tsunki…does it have three layers? 😉

p…I always thought that it was the Sun! I always liked the Daily Telegraph and the Guardian (as much as you like any paper)

• jimmysmith

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Or likely worse. Willo in to deal with Costa and Dummett left back. Hazard against Janmaat, despite our man being great going forward, is also pretty unnerving.

• sparky55

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:25 PM

I would have rested the team against chelsea to give the cup a go and have the team rested for Southampton

• p

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Mac Toon, yes, I sort of knew it was 2013 but, getting my timelines mixed up a bit.

The last figures is all we have to go off but as per my later post, we will soon see. Of course it will exclude the spend in Summer but include Cabaye right?

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Remember troisi?

I did like the look of him as a youngster but he was never given a chance. Obviously haven’t been following him so don’t know if he has turned out to be a decent player but I do know he’s played in serie a, can’t remember what team but I remember it was surprising. Not suggesting him for us, just like the idea he’s doing well for himself.

• MacToon

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Yes p, so you need to factor in the extra tv revenue so profit for last year is around £45 to 50 mill? guesstimate?
    and will be similar for this year too give and take player sales/purchases.
    That is why some people are saying he’s pocketing money because there seems to be some major discrepancies.

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:36 PM

That hands off 25 million warning for Sissoko suggests to me that Ashley would accept 20 for him. Similar to cabaye who I remember was said to be staying unless a bid of 25 million comes in, he went for 19. I’d say 30 million minimum plus Lucas, rabiot and zlatan on two year loan deals with there wages paid for by psg 😉

• jimmysmith

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Pretty hard to rest a team against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Trying to inspire the stiffs might be a tall order in that situation, with the prospect of getting fully leathered staring them square in the face. I think he made an error starting with Armstrong in such a weakened side, but other than that, it would have looked a more defensible selection considering it was away at Leciester, who also made seven changes, with Chelsea away up next. Still we’re out of the Cup again, so any attempt to defend the selection is shoveling shit uphill I guess. Players?

• sparky55

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:44 PM

no chance of getting anything against chelsea but some chance of getting something against Southampton at home

• itsmehere

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Just a thought, let pards go, even make a profit on him !. Now just as the transfer window opens , wait , we can’t sign anyone before we appoint a new coach / manager. So Mashly waits to take anybody on then sorry but we couldn’t get the right person through the door so we end up with no new coach and no new signings . Just a thought !.