Transfer Target Wants A Move To Newcastle


Newcastle had a loan bit for AC Milan winger M’Baye Niang turned down three days ago, but it was assumed that discussions with Newcastle would continue with the possibility of Newcastle making the deal permanent this month.

Prince Oniangue

M’Baye Niang – prefers Newcastle if he cannot stay at Milan

Niang’s three year contract at the Italian club runs out in June, and it’s thought that Milan may want to get a fee for him by selling him in January, rather than losing him in the summer.

However, Milan will still get some compensation for him if he leaves in the summer, because he is under 24 and he joined the Italian club when he was 17 from Caen.

Gazzetta dello Sport are reporting today that his agent says the 20 year-old’s first preference is to get a contract extension at Milan, but if that is not possible his next choice would be to move to Newcastle United.

Other clubs said to be interested in the winger include Olympiakos, Torino and Udinese.

The Frenchman went out on loan to Montpellier last January and scored 5 goals in 22 total appearances for the French club.

Milan have two ways to go – loan out the player until the end of the season and then decide in the summer whether to give him a new deal sell him.

The other option they have this month is to sell him, and that’s thought to be their preference – at least according to the Italian press.

So if Newcastle are really keen on Niang, who we were linked with when he was 17 years-old at Caen – then hopefully we will make a bid for him.

Maybe that’s exactly what’s happening now?

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

11 comments so far

  • robertsleftfoot

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:29 PM

    Comment #1

    The headline under Niang is quite missleading mind Ed, He Cannot stay in Milan, how can he not?? Has he been given an ASBO??

    0
  • lochinvar

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:38 PM

    Comment #2

    Maybe Garde could drive him across -that way BOGOF, the sort of deal MA loves !

    0
  • beermonkey

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:38 PM

    Comment #3

    prime

    some1 said the otherday pards was giving an interview today and was going to talk of his time with us

    I have not seen anything though

    0
  • Korean Magpie

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:39 PM

    Comment #4

    He’s contracted until 2017 so they don’t really need to tie him down to a new contract right away

    0
  • nut meg

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:40 PM

    Comment #5

    Is he not contracted until 2017 ??

    0
  • optimistic prime

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:43 PM

    Comment #6

    Beer

    That’s where I’d seen it to, he’s been talking to papers today nowt worth the print mind. I’d be intrested to hears his bs for the last time 🙂

    0
  • Average_Contents

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:47 PM

    Comment #7

    “(Palace chairman) Steve Parish met the (buy-out) clause in my contract and I had a decision to make and for me it was the right decision. Four years under that type of monetary situation and the fact (Newcastle) are trying to push (on), and the history, it was difficult for a manager.

    “But I left a good club with fantastic professionals and staff and players, who were phenomenal – also the fans. There has been a lot of talk – a lot of it completely off the mark – yes, you get criticism from the stands but never once did I sense the criticism outside the ground.

    “I had tremendous support during my time there and I want to thank all the fans. My resilience and character as a manager has grown as a nature of the club.”

    Asked if his departure was linked with stories of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley looking to sell up at St James’ Park, Pardew added: “I’ve not heard that and Mike never suggested that. Palace wanted me to be their manger, Newcastle told me the clause had been met and I simply had a choice. I’m a good fit for Palace.”

    0
  • Average_Contents

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:49 PM

    Comment #8

    A bit more on the “tight margins” basically saying fatty is a mingebag.

    Today, he broke his silence on the reasons behind his exit from Newcastle, and said it was correct for “personal and professional” reasons.

    Pardew said: “It’s difficult, because it (Newcastle) is a big club.

    “It’s a club that’s run on fairly tight financial margins. Our net spend was one of the lowest.

    “We’ve had to really work hard at transfers because the funds for a club that size makes it difficult sometimes, for the fans, to understand that you need to have a slow progress and build slowly, which we did during my four years there.

    “I’m under no illusions, and I understand the football community having a slight concern with why that happened.

    “For me, personally, and professionally, it was the right time, and I think it’s the right time for

    0
  • beermonkey

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:50 PM

    Comment #9

    prime

    he wont say anything controversial he wont slag of the owner
    he will prob thank us for the support Ashley for the opportunity but for family reasons it was time to go home

    0
  • Average_Contents

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM

    Comment #10
  • mainemagpie

    Jan 8, 2015 at 3:56 PM

    Comment #11

    Niang played with Cabella at Montpellier…from what I have seen on videos they had quite a good partnership. If true this would be a good move.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.