The Ban Was Difficult At Newcastle – It Didn’t Help

Alan Pardew has talked at some length about his four years at Newcastle, and he has said that he was  not involved in all the signings Newcastle made during his time at the club, although he was involved with the big ones.

alan pardew burnley first half

Alan Pardew – media ban didn’t help

And Pardew has admitted that the ban on the local media didn’t help, although it was Mike Ashley who instigated that stuff, and Pardew had nothing to do it, although he was implicated in being complicit with the decision.

It would have been very difficult for the Newcastle manager to come out and say he didn’t support the ban, and he went along – as you have to if you want to remain in the job under Ashley.

And that’s one big negative as we try to appoint a new head coach.

This is some of what Alan said yesterday, about his time at Newcastle:

“The scouting and recruitment decisions, like at most Premier League teams, were based perhaps on the future and the business,”

“Some of those transfers I wasn’t party to but big signings into the club, of course I had final say on those – Cabaye, Sissoko, Debuchy – I was heavily involved in – but not all of them.”

“I think you’ll find that’s the case at Spurs, Liverpool, Manchester United – I don’t think it’s that different but for some reason Newcastle gets a more negative reaction than most.”

“Like anything you can always look at a situation ‘glass half-empty’.

“I think the local media being banned didn’t help, that was difficult, they looked at a lot of negative situations there which didn’t help with the fans.”

“That was stuff I had to put up with and deal with but it was always ‘glass half full’ for me and I’ll always be that type.”

Alan Pardew takes charge of his first league game tomorrow for Crystal Palace, and it’s at home to Tottenham in the late kick-off game.

A win would be something for Palace in that game.

Newcastle are at Chelsea, and not many fans think we can get anything out of this game.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Santon03

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:08 AM

I really like pardew to stfu about us.

• Santon03

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:14 AM

he should be grateful still had a job for 4 years when others won’t be so forgiving. RDM got sacked after winning champions league.

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Santon

Agreed. But i would also like everyone including Ed to stfu about Pardew. All parties concerned need to move on.

• Santon03

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Markacus

I’m on board with that.

• beermonkey

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM

ha ha he takes credit for the success players of his career with us
    he forced through the bumper pay for taylor when he wanted out
    I think any1 for the first team he had a hand in signing for the under 21s no all seems logical

and the amount he played goofy he must have signed him against advice to prove a point

• dave 1961

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Over the Christmas holidays a large private jet landed at Newcastle and a large party of business men were shown around the club and facility’s I’ve heard about small scale as Ashley uses the club for his business activity’s. This jet was a large one, and a opulent one at that, so they were not company managers on a jolly but people of substance, but sadly although it would point to Ashley trying to off load the club, i just cant see him doing it as hes making a lot of profit now, he would want £300m+ he has taken most of his loans back but it would make no sense for him to sell up now, he would loose all his free advertising. i just cant see him wanting to leave just when the gravy trains paying off.

• BandB

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Jail,

You have placed the word admirable in parenthesis as if it were I direct quote from someone, whereas I cannot see that anyone has used that word to describe Pardew’s comments. They were clearly self-serving. Notwithstanding, they shed a different light on the version of events the club pushed on the Chronicle: that everything at the club was fine, and that Pardew had left because of fan pressure. Anything that does that is welcome, especially to me, who believes the club has no intention of changing anything. I think I was one of the first people to suggest that the blame Pardew or blame Ashley choice was a handy good-cop/bad cop ruse the club was happy to encourage to deflect pressure, and that Pardew was always fully complicit in his role. The fact that Ashley’s biggest fans suddenly want Pardew to stfu suggests to me they don’t think Pardew is helping their man.

• robertsleftfoot

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:37 AM

I am sure I can remember when he signed Obertan he said I couldnt beleive when Sir Alex said on the phone you can take Gabby Obertan.

Well Alan that sounds like you signed him also and you dont fancy owning up that useless alien looking mother f*cker do you

Typical Pardew talking crap crap crap crap crap with a bit of crap on top