Tim Krul – Hopefully New Manager Appointment Will Be Quick

Tim Krul made a big difference to the defense today, and we looked a lot more solid than of late, and the Dutch goalkeeper seemed to give confidence to the players in front of him this afternoon, but Tim couldn’t prevent the goals from Oscar and Costa that gave Chelsea a 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge.

tim krul after diego costa scored 2nd goal 2-0

A disappointed Tim Krul after Diego Costa made it 2-0

In fact the defense played so well in that first half that Chelsea’s first goal after 43 minutes was from their first shot on target in the game, and even in the second half the Newcastle goalkeeper wasn’t called on to make too many saves.

This is what Tim told Sky Sports News after the game today:

“It’s never a good thing when you don’t know what’s happening, also for the fans as well – they want to know what’s happening but maybe the club hasn’t come to a decision yet.”

“At the moment the only thing we can do is work our socks off on the training ground with John Carver and Steve Stone. We had a great game-plan today. We played really, really well and I think it was one of our best games of the season.”

“Unfortunately it did not result in a win but the board just need to be clear if they have a manager out there who they think is the main man. Hopefully it is quick. If not then John and Steve, for me, are a great option as well.”

“If we have to wait till the summer then it has to be. But it is not for us, the players – to speak about that. The main thing is to get results on the pitch and next week against Southampton is a major game for us now.”

We don’t know if it will be necessary to wait until the summer to bring in a new coach – and it looks like Tim and the players want an appointment to be made quickly – whoever it is.

The chances of getting Remi Grade to Newcastle must be good, and news today that he is interested in the job and maybe he can come in later this coming week, or take over shortly after the Southampton game,  when he will have two weeks to prepare for our next game – since we are out of the FA Cup.

The game after Southampton next Saturday is at Hull City on Saturday, January 31st.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• BandB

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Has anyone got a link for Carver’s selfie, “Me and Jose at Stamford Bridge OMG!”

• JamesToon

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:17 PM

Remi Garde meeting Newcastle representatives in London

• lesh

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Rolando. Thanks for that link.

I was sure I’d seen de Boer having been quoted somewhere referring to considering his options if a great club expressed an interest in him.

Same difference I suppose.

So, what happened to Pardew’s new boys today? First win in eight games – what’s brought that on?

Better players? Sperz off-day? Crowd behind Pardew?

Any ideas anyone – Catchy?

• BandB

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:22 PM

ronaldo,

That extra line in de Boer’s quotes really DOES put the boot in.
    Best we move on quickly then.

• AccyToon1

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Fatman just sort it out. If Remi wants to come stop being a dick, get him in, let him manage. The club value will go up and you can sell make a profit and then piss off to Jockland with Rangers.

• manxpie

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Sage aye but we must’ve had the most changed back 5 let alone 4 this season and top of the injury league all season
    And we’re still above em

I feel Martinez would actually rather lose if his teams stats showed more possession and passes lol
    He has never addressed the defense in his teams in wat 6-7 year’s

Wonder if rotonda still wants him?

• lesh

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:24 PM

JamesToon

What’s your source for that little nugget?

Anyone know if Garde and/ or Charnley were anywhere to be seen at Stamford Bridge? That might provide another pointer.

• BandB

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:26 PM

Ed,

See ronaldo’s post.
    Significant new talking point alert..
    de Boer “Newcastle is not a club that inspires me.”

• Our Toon

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Hey from what I hear Cabella finally came good today….i hope he can carry this on and make me eat my words. Didn’t get to watch the game today which I’d unlike me but I assure you it was important for me to miss the match.

Lesh – you should know by now that pardew always has a very good 1st season. Come back to us in 12 months when he has got rid of the likes of Bolasie and Zaha and replaced them with work horses that do FA

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Oh well !

• manxpie

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Wat!!
    De Boer quotes takin totally out of context!!?
    Wat next journalists making up stories to sell paper’s!!?

• lesh

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Our Toon

Aye, you’re right…. It seems so long ago that Pardew kicked off at SJP.

Suppose that near assures Palace of another season in the Prem next year and then…..

• lesh

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:34 PM

manxpie

What! The press not printing the whole story? Never.

• Jarra

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Watched the match on TV and a couple of times the camera zoomed into Venable’s……. I then thought why is he at our match when Palace were playing Spurs…… No surely not but remember it is Ashley.

• Our Toon

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Lesh

I’ve been listening to talk sport and the pardew love affair is well under way!! I find it humerus to say the least, this joker was plucked from obscurity after getting the axe from division 1 team Southampton!! He now seems to be a world beater!! I’m putting money on palace stating up this season and going down next season.

• Our Toon

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Staying up

• lesh

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Rolando

Jamie, the author of that piece about the Garde meeting lives in London. So he must’ve seen him and Charnley!

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:38 PM

• manxpie

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I seen that jarra I said it 1 st by the way lol
    Belfast did ya see it?
    He looked like he’d spent a few weeks in the Caribbean as well!

• Average_Contents

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:39 PM

That’s fdb out then. Shame but understandable really and tbh not much chance in the first place.

The Newcastle Chronicle went with a headline of ‘Frank De Boer has refused to rule out a move to Newcastle United’ earlier today and insinuated that the Dutchman would be keen on a move to the Premier League club but only during the summer.
    De Boer was quoted as saying “Newcastle are a sleeping giant, with a great stadium and most loyal fans, but what else can I say?
    “I’ll be with Ajax for the remainder of the season anyway.”
    The Ajax manager did say all of that but there’s a crucial bit The Chronicle and others have left out. Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf are in Doha and in their Saturday printed edition they reveal De Boer said about the rumours “I feel honoured. But no, it’s not a club I aspire to.”
    At least the Dutchman was honest and that’s all he can be asked for really. De Boer sounds like he’s aspiring to one of Europe’s top jobs once he leaves Ajax and there’s little wrong with having ambition, it certainly served him well during his playing career.
    De Boer will hope the comments ruling Newcastle United out, and saying it’s not a club he’d aspire to manage, don’t come back and bite him on the behind one day.

• BandB

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Manx,

This same set of quotes has expanded over 24 hours from.

“Newcastle is a sleeping giant and I am flattered by their interest.”

To

“Newcastle is a sleeping giant and I am flattered by their interest, but I will only go to a great club.”

To

“Newcastle is a sleeping giant and I am flattered by their interest, but I will only go to a great club, and Newcastle is not a club that inspires me.’

If the quotes are now accurate, I would be inclined to take the hint.

• manxpie

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:40 PM

I know lesh wats the world coming to!

• lesh

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Jarra.

Venables must be about 110 year owld. But then again, Kinnear must’ve been in his 90s when Ashley did us the great honour of appointing him.

Our Toon

Yup, they’ll scrape through this season and then the Palace fans’ll see Pardew’s magic at first hand.

However, they got three points and we got diddley-squat!

Hey ho

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Any one know what hapend to the increased bid for Rangers – was hoping that it might flush FAtMan out and get us a new owner!

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Lesh

Lol that would be cool

Regarding the manager situation, I personally think out of those linked to us, garde and touchel are our best bets and I’d be quite happy with either. Touchel I don’t know much about but the more I read about him, the more I seem to like him. But he’s only free in the summer.

• lesh

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:46 PM

manxpie

Shocking!

B&B

De Boer’s quotes were lost in translation in the newsrooms.

• Belfast

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:47 PM

El Tel and Hoddle told ya Manxpie.

Big Ron director of football.

Let the good times roll

• Belfast

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:48 PM

El Tel was 72 today apparently.

• BandB

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Lesh,

I know.
    He actually said: “I wouldn’t p*iss on Newcastle if they were on fire.”
    But no need to lose heart. Stick with Carver tip the summer, and we’ll see.

• firebug666

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Moussa Sissoko’s agent admits he’s listening to offers amid reported Arsenal interest

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Don’t forget joe kinnear in the position as head of media and PR!!

• manxpie

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Aye bandb I think thats wat they call exclusively drip feeding
    Well at least we can focus all our attention on klopp and simeone now!!!! 🙂

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Remi Garde was at Stamford Bridge this afternoon – De Boer is going to Barcelona when he goes

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:52 PM

• BandB

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Manx,

Have u NE links 4 these Klopp roomers? Thnx m8!

• manxpie

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Yeah Belfast the dream team is on!
    72? Spring chicken imo just another 30 year’s of football knowledge to get us into that top 4 under Ashley wat could go wrong!?

• Belfast

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Where’s Gerry Francis these days?
    I think he’d be interested in a role if we could fit him in.

• Belfast

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:57 PM

But if you find a role for Gerry Francis, you have to find a role for Joe Kinnear like