This Man Pushes Claims For Newcastle Job

John Carver continues to push his claims for the head coach position at Newcastle, even while Lee Charnley and Graham Carr have interviewed Remi Garde for the position, and at least one other candidate will be interviewed in the next day or so.

john carver jose mourinho 2

John Carver with Jose Mourinho on sidelines on Saturday

Newcastle played very well in that first half at Stamford Bridge, but we still ended up losing the game 2-0,  so that’s two successive defeats without being able to score a goal.

Our next match is against Southampton at home on Saturday, and that looks like it will be just as difficult.

John has talked about what Jose Mourinho told him during the Newcastle defeat at Stamford Bridge:

“He said to me ‘if you keep playing like this you’ll get a five-year contract’.” “It was nice. At the end of the game he said ‘you deserve the job, you’re ready for it now’. I hope you get it’.”

“We just laughed and he gave me another hug – he must have hugged me 10 times. He kicked the ball at me once as well, but I didn’t react. I’ve calmed down now!”

“Jose is a great guy and I go back with him because I’m great friends with Steve Clarke, who was his No 2 at Chelsea. I’ve spent time here watching them train.”

“I used to go to their hotel when we played Chelsea and go and see Steve and have a cup of tea. No alcohol!”

“We’ve got Southampton next Saturday, then a gap because we’re out of the FA Cup. I think it should be in place by then.”

While John Carver must be in with a shout of getting the appointment, it still has to be long odds because of his lack of experience as a head coach.

The interview process of potential candidates will continue this coming week, and if John is anywhere near getting the job, then we assume he will be one of the candidates interviewed for the position.

We also need a win on Saturday against the Saints.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Dingo†®

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:30 PM

no comment

• BandB

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Yap, yap, wag wag, snuffle snuffle.
    Is anyone else starting to miss Pardew’s dignified statement’s to the press yet 🙂

• welshgeordie9

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Don’t mention pardew on here, oh i forgot it’s only me that’s not to mention it.

• BandB

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:35 PM

This stuff is so bad, it really stinks. Who is making sure this impression of Carver reaches the press?

• BandB

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:36 PM

No, its only me and you, so you can, because I am trying to go sleep.

• welshgeordie9

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:38 PM

if Carver is in charge until the end of the season, we are going down never mind palace.

• Graeme

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Carver is a dinosaur, it’s time the club moved forward – in which case, Carver, Stone, Beardsley need to be moved on.

If they have to see us through to the end of the season, so be it. Then the new man takes over and intills his philosophy throughout the club, bringing in his own staff, who know where we are heading.

Not before time, either!!

• Geordie John

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:39 PM

No alcohol? Plastic Geordie!

• welshgeordie9

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:39 PM

Night night BandB

• welshgeordie9

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:42 PM

What’s the point in interviewing Remi Garde now when he dosent want to take over until the summer, we can’t exactly wait until then can we, unless he wants championship experience.

• BoyDoneGood

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Gloom.

• BandB

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:46 PM

These quotes have to be a stitch-up. He sounds like a palpitating One Direction fan texting.
    “I met JOSE!….OMG…he was LUSH!”

• beermonkey

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:50 PM

welsh

how would we know until we spoke to him

I still think with his background we should wait if we have to it might be worth speaking to lyon on try to buy the last 6 mnths of the staff that he wants

yes I know fcb and paying lol
    lyon must know there going so prob have replacements in mind

huge plus is it looks like he will be allowed some of his own staff

• welshgeordie9

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:50 PM

With our injured players coming back soon, we will have a fit squad so there for I’ve got a bad feeling, no manager/coach will come in and no signings either.

• welshgeordie9

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Some of the managers we’ve been linked with don’t want to come here until the summer, we can’t afford to wait until then.

• welshgeordie9

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:53 PM

Might as well kept that blokes name with the initials AP.

• welshgeordie9

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:56 PM

All this waiting for somebody to come in is doing my swede in, I’m off to bed, good night all.

• beermonkey

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:03 AM

welsh

carver aint the man for the job
    but the team aint playing bad yesterday for 40 mins very good same at burnley for 45 min
    ok we need 90 out of them after Southampton we have some winnable games atleast carver has shown us we can attack

• expatmag

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:09 AM

A couple of things here.

Yes. We played well in the first half……..but we LOST

Shut the f$&@ up to the press a out how much you want the job. They dont make the decision. It would also have helped your cause if your record didnt read a draw and two losses from 3 games.

• beermonkey

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:23 AM

expat

yes we did

• jimmysmith

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:36 AM

I think Carver will at least open us up a little, and if he doesn’t lose his bottle and can manage to motivate the side, well be better to watch at least than under Pardew. Cabella was good. Santon is a nice footballer, as is De Jong, and one who will add intelligence and you’d imagine goals.

………………………….Krul
    Janmaat…..Dummett…..Colo…..Santon
    ……………….Sissoko….Colback
    Cabella………..De Jong……..Sammi
    ……………………Perez

Has plenty of football in it.

Add Abeid, Tiote, Cisse, Aarons, Anita, Haidarra and you’d imagine we have enough about us to hold our own and look good doing it. Go on John, you’re not getting the job any other way, and you’re a Geordie, set us up and send us out to play football, for as long as it lasts.

• jimmysmith

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Actually if I was going to buy into a conspiracy theory. It would be that Ashley will keep us quiet by having a top ten side that plays nice football without ever really challenging, while milking the derbies and the visits to St James’ for all they’re worth.

• jimmysmith

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:52 AM

…..visits by the big guns…. I mean to say

• Thump

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:11 AM

@BandB: I’m enjoying a bit of variety mate! It’s nice to be able to post something to the blog again instead of the usual exasperation.

• lesh

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:29 AM

I’m not sure of the wisdom in appointing Carver on a temporary basis.

We’ve read of rumblings from Cisse and Sissoko and players will be feeling uncertain about being at the Club – uncertainty about what lies ahead.

Appointing Carver till the summer merely prolongs player unrest and even appointing him full time would send out a message about a club with absolutely no desire to win things.

It’s a tricky one: Keep Carver and risk relegation or

Persuade Garde to join us now, retaining Carver to show him the ropes. That doesn’t ensure we avoid relegation but it does show a sign of a possible change in the Club’s ambition.

Or maybe not

• Pottz

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:43 AM

Lesh

I was thinking the same thing regarding players feeling unsettled.

The quotes from Sissoko and Cisse back up the unsettled feeling surrounding the club.

Talks will break down with Garde, typical NUFC style. We will be left hanging on until the end of the season with either Mad John Carver or some temporary coach in charge minus 1 or 2 of our better players.

Call me negative, but 45 years of supporting this mob has turned me into a rampant pessimist where NUFC is concerned!

• Blofal

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:45 AM

I actually didn’t think Anita had a bad game on the weekend. I swear it was the first time ever I’ve seen him regularly play a forward pass.

• WestOzMag

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:45 AM

1) If carver gets the job im done with this club

2) 3 games in a row now where we have done good in the first half then come out like a shower of shit in the 2nd. Not good enough. This is carver and his shit sidekick stone not having a clue about what to do when the opposition has changed to counter our Plan A

• Canny in Canberra

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Happy New Year Everyone,

Very emotional dude this MR Carver seems to be. Read one headline over the weekend that said he was seen crying outside the club. Didn’t read the article so not sure what the context of that was.
    Gazza style post match interviews could be a thing of the future!

• beermonkey

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:55 AM

lesh

what have the players said

• Canny in Canberra

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:04 AM

Beer

Unless I see a video of the player actually saying anything I tend not to belive a word.

The commentator for the Chelsea match said Sissoko had been on social media saying he wasn’t leaving. today he is. Tomorrow he won’t be. Next week it’s some one else.
    All things considered where we are now. Is it really that bad? Against where we might have been were it not for that 5 game run.

• beermonkey

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:19 AM

canny

I tend to agree with you

I read on here the other day some supposed unrest but not seen anything just wondered if it was anything more than a rumour

• Canny in Canberra

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Beer,

I think that sometimes the only people talking about unrest are the ones seeking to cause it.

• veto

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:35 AM

doesnt matter who gets it
    , still stuck with ashley
    still have to read about our best players wanting out every window
    still have tobe resigned to a club that has no ambition .

think we must advertise ourselves to agents as a great stepping stone for their players !
    come to newcastle ! we will give your client premiership exposure , we make a nice tidy profit and if your player is good enough one of those clubs with ambition will take him off our hands !
    everybody wins ! bar the city and the fans that is but who cares about those mugs ?

• Santon03

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:35 AM

We did very well in 1st half, overall we did good vs Chelsea. They are top of the table and not many pull of a draw even a win at stamford bridge.
    Soon they will do much better, I can see they are starting to play better. Players who want to leave, let them leave. I hope all goes well for Carver like when Roeder took over, he was left in charge with half the squad injured and tired from end of year schedule and now they are starting to come back. I got a feeling that we will start winning games starting with Soton.

• scout

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:47 AM

jose he does love a wind up

• jimmysmith

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:48 AM

Veto, I would agree with that entirely. The club has actually been quite open about this. Pardew spoke about it often, and touched upon it once again after he left. Cabaye’s attitude in seeking his move away and Sissoko’s recent comments echo it. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that the club also talks about slow build, albeit without nailing its colours to the mast with any fanfare, but yeah, it’s a long and often discouraging leap of faith, even for those who are still on board, I imagine. I try to keep an open mind about the possibilities, but am becoming quite tired of it all. An ambitious coach and a couple of decent signings are quite clearly required, if only to restore some faith.

• Santon03

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:04 AM

As long as there is money involved, players will move. Example Fabregas, arsenal – barcelona – chelsea – next club probably. It doesn’t matter if you are the top club or not, when there’s a club willing to pay more then any player will move. Stepping stone or not it’s reality, the host club will be held ransom, pay more money or sell. Some are willing to move to not so good place to live like to Shaktar, Zenith or anywhere as long as they pay huge wage.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:12 AM

It was a very short lived feeling with Roeder wasn’t it?

…we need to be smart this time. We got rid of AP now lets get the new appointment right and lets get in right now.
    The uncertainty is no good.

If Garde is on a sabbatical for family reasons I fear this one is a dead end – and wouldn’t it just be typical us chasing the un-gettable!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew