Sissoko – I Want To Go To A Bigger Club Than Newcastle

Just when we thought we could possibly keep Moussa Sissoko on Tyneside, he’s quoted as saying he wants to win the Champions League one day, and he wants to go higher than Newcastle United, and that Arsenal have always been the club of his heart.

moussa sissoko chelsea 2

Moussa Sissoko – in action yesterday at Stamford Bridge

Translation – Arsene Wenger – please come and sign me.

Moussa is this time talking to  French outlet Telefoot, and this is what he is reported to have said to them:

“The transfer market is open, so things can happen any day, but I am focused on Newcastle.”

“If anything should happen, it will. I hope I’ll leave for a bigger club one day, but I don’t know when.”

“England is my priority. If  Arsene Wenger calls, I’ll have a man-to-man discussion with him and then we’ll see. Arsenal has always been the club of my heart.”

“I hope I’ll improve to win the Champions League one day. I don’t want to set limits to myself. I want to go higher.” “That’s my goal.”

PSG manager Laurent Blanc has already come out on Friday to say that PSG were not interested in signing the 25 year-old, and that the French club had to be careful not to go against the Financial Fair Play rules of UEFA.

But with Newcastle having very little ambition these days, other than to stay in the Premier League and collect big money every May, it’s hard to keep our best players at the club.

So in that sense Newcastle United are very much a middle of the table club in England,  and our best players want more than that.

If Mike Ashley would only raise his sights and ambitions and see Newcastle United again being a top six club in England, we could keep our best players.

And don’t believe money is the problem – when are financial results for the year through the end of last June are announced, they will be staggering and even embarrassing to the owner.

They will be record revenues and record profits and we’ll wonder why the owner doesn’t want to spend money we have – the results will be that good.

Believe me.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• optimistic prime

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Isn’t Remi Garde on gardening leave and we’d have to pay Lyon?

• beermonkey

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:41 PM

prime

i can only see outs no ins, problem is it wont be the likes of obertan willo goofy Jonas chucky

it will be players of use

• optimistic prime

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Haha, who’d want them

• beermonkey

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:42 PM

prime

do you know who else were supposed to interviewing today

• optimistic prime

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Beer

It’s me mate I’m getting the job

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:43 PM

So what’s new in the world of NUFC? …besides this!

• beermonkey

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:44 PM

prime

that’s the problem we are stuck with them and there wages and Ashley wont let us bust the wage budget

and he wont cancel there contracts so until they run down were stuck

• optimistic prime

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Jesper

I’ve got the NUFC job and Ashley says I can sign any players I like.

• beermonkey

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:45 PM

prime

i hope u give kets the job as scout he is the master of football manager and knows all the good players

• optimistic prime

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Beer

Has Chucky left? Catchy said earlier he’d gone

• Ron Knee

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:46 PM

OP
    Congratulations!

• optimistic prime

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Beer

Without doubt, I’m thinking G2 should take training.

• optimistic prime

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Ron

Cheers mate, £25 a month and a £100 vouchers for sports direct if I finish 17th

• beermonkey

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:51 PM

prime

i have not hear that about chucky
    hope its true

• 70TWO

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:52 PM

TRAITOR!!!!

• cyprus

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Hope the new team is built around this guy. He’ll be better than Yaya. Faster, better dribbler, more energetic. Keep him and take US to CL. Then he’ll go higher like he wants.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM

OP…I use to play FM as well mate 😀

• Ron Knee

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM

OP
    Your first job – extend Willo’s contract.

• toon kk

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Why should MA spend money? He gets 52000 at every home game and he knows even if he bought league 1 quality they’d still come. He’s raking all the sky money in not to mention all the free advertertising for his beloved SD.
    A lot of Newcastle fans think he’s good for the club and go along with the regime.

Quite sad really.

• JamesToon

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM

I’d be happy to sell Sissoko for £18mil (clearly doesn’t want to be here) along with Tiote for £8mil, Cisse for £6mil, Williamson for £500k, Anita for £3mil. Get around £35.5mil, reinvest it into new signings.

Buy:
    1 solid and experienced centre back (2 if we can’t recall M’Biwa)
    1 deep lying playmaker
    1 out and out winger
    1 prolific striker

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM

What you have to undertand is , because Pardew did not leave under a cloud , as normally happens in these cases , and his relationship with these players was good , their attitude is one of“` if he can do it – why not me“-LEE C NEEDS TO REASSURE THE PLAYERS QUICKLY

• jasonmag

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:23 PM

I think top clubs will want to see 12to 18 months of consistant football from any player before they pull the trigger on an expensive signing,look at carrol, torres ,cabeye etc it dos’nt always work out if they have been the biggest fish in that pond

• Sliema

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Good on you Socks lad. Ambition, knowing you’re very very lucky to be a footballer, you’re paid incredibly so money is no issue, but you have a short career. You want to experience winning something?

I like the ambition. We’d applaud it in any other walk of life.

No need to be this blatant about it like lol.

• bazrazmataz

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:11 PM

“Wants to win champions league” don’t go to Arsenal then

• Moonraker15

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Ed
    I ask you again, please don’t post this headline! We know Moussa eventually wants CL football but he is staying with us this season at least and I’m sure he’s interested in who the new coach will be!

Anyway, the last thing Arsenal need is another box to box midfielder !

• Sav

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Is Remi Grade’s chief quality his ability and willingness to operate in a regime such as Monster Mash has created at SJP? His record in Ligue 1 is very decent but his bottom line is what has marked him out – in 3 years they spent £13 million and earned £68 selling players including Miralem Pjanic, Jeremy Toulalan, Hugo Lloris and Dejan Lovren. Is that what he wants – because it isn’t what the fans want to see. Lets hope if Garde is appointed he wants more, because so do fans of Newcastle United. By all means lets develop youngsters. If they are Geordie youngsters, so much the better, but most of all, we want a crack at some history-making, a trophy or at least a glorious tilt at winning something. Exactly like Sissoko, only that will satisfy the fans.

• NOVA2967

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Overrated. Would love $15 mill plus for him. Then he can go sit on a bench. A good counter player and could be an impact sub for a decent team but really is missing a lot.
    I’d take a good passer all day

• mindcompressor

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:01 PM

I think Sissoko is rich enough to buy Playstation and improve to win Champions League. Because if he wants to do i as a real player, Arsenal is not proper direction. What more, they still might to not quality to European cups. On the other hand nobody can blame Sissoko he wants to leave. Club with no ambition cannot hold players with ambition.

• spudzzz

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:48 AM

all the same….Sissoko now dreams of arsenal…how sad…..talk about being ambitious !!! every single french player will always tell you that they love arsenal simply because of the french and arsene wenger legacy…..wait and see…..Cabella will say and do exactly the same as cabaye and debuchy this time next year after he will have had a good run of games with good performances….You cannot build a team around those players….when they sign, they do it with the knowledge and anticipation of leaving after 2 years max to join arsenal /manu/chelsea/etc…