Maybe Now I Have To Buy A New Spider-Man Mask

Jonas Gutierrez is slowly but surely getting back to top fitness at Newcastle, and while he says he’s still not 100% fit yet – he’s getting there – and the Argentine International thinks he’s improved in every game he’s played so far in his comeback, and he scored a good goal on Monday afternoon for the U21 side against Bolton.

Jonas-Gutierrez 6

Jonas Gutierrez – on comeback trail

When the 31 year-old was recovering from his testicular cancer he got so much support from the Newcastle fans, and he has never forgotten that.

This is some of what Jonas Gutierrez told the Shields Gazette yesterday:

“I was in tears when I heard my name sung on television.” “I say thank you to those fans. That has always been there with me – always. Through all of my treatment, the messages and support from the Newcastle fans was special.”

“It made me happy.” “To be at home in Argentina and hear my song and then the clapping in the 18th minute was very emotional – I don’t have the words to say what power that gave me.”

“It’s true that it gives you the strength to go forward.” “If I remember what has happened to me then I assure you, I have enjoyed every day of training, every little thing,”

“If I come back and play for Newcastle then, for me, it will be the best.”  “I have been at this club and in this city for seven years.”

“The welcome from the fans from the day I arrived has been special – I’ve always had a special relationship with them.”

“But I have to get fit and be right. Then we will speak about what happens next.” “The most important thing for me now is enjoying being with my team-mates and having the pleasure of training with them every day.

“It’s hard for me. For now, I prefer to be at home and watch on TV. It’s hard to be in the changing room at this moment.”

“If you watch all of the games I have played in since coming back, I have been improving in every one of them.”

“Maybe now I will have to buy a new Spider-Man mask!”

Well it would be great if Jonas can come back and play for Newcastle again – and score a goal – and who knows we may still see that Spider-man mask again – hopefully before the end of the season when his contract runs out.

And here’s the good goal he scored on Monday for the U21 side against Bolton.

It would be a dream come true if indeed Jonas returns to the first team soon, and then manages to score a goal, and it would be worth a yellow card for us to see that mask again – one more time.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:04 AM

TS…I think the problem so of us have with retaining Carver as Head Coach is that this will probably just turn out ad it did with Roeder – meaning it doesn’t matter if Garde or any other great prospect is available.

..I would be more comfortable if it was sorted now. Even if Carver will be Head Coach.

AC…thank you!

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:08 AM

I think we have to agree that there are different interpretations on what a disastrous season is, some think you have to be relegated only for it to qualify as disastrous ?

• sing in the corner

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Jail et al

I don’t agree that a disaster is the right word for last season over all. I think you mean because Pardew wasn’t taken out and shot it was a disaster, The blood lust wasn’t sated. But it has been now hasn’t it?
    Worst case scenario now is that the torches are relit and the pitch forks come out,,,eg, sackashley,com or similar. Manna from heaven for the media and making anyone worth their salt manager wise put another few miles between NUFC and themselves than they already are.
    You have to fight guerrilla warfare man, keep your enemies closer…

• firebug666

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:08 AM

This is from the Mag re the Dubai trip.

Late last night it was revealed that the Newcastle United squad are flying off after the Southampton match for some warm weather training.

The destination is Dubai and a lot of fans are up in arms as the Chronicle have reported that Alan Pardew booked the trip BEFORE the FA Cup exit to Leicester.dubai

Now I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next man (or woman) but while I don’t think Mike Ashley will lose any sleep after escaping from the cup shackles yet again, I don’t think there is quite the skullduggery here that some supporters want to see.

As often is the case, in football as in normal life, the answer often shows itself if you look backwards into what’s happened before.

This is what Alan Pardew said a year ago after he and his squad been on a warm weather tra’ning trip to Abu Dhabi, arranged BEFORE Cardiff knocked Newcastle out of the FA Cup…;

Alan Pardew January 2014

“We had planned it before our cup exit because we thought it would give us a nice boost for our fourth round tie but that unfortunately didn’t happen.

“What it has given us is a boost in terms of a bit of sun on our backs. It has boosted everybody’s character and personality and given us an appetite to try and chase a Europa League place, or even a Champions League place.”

Some comments from fans this morning are saying don’t be daft, warm weather trainer can revitalise players etc etc….well I hope it does them more good than Alan Pardew’s Champions League charge a year ago!

After that Abu Dhabi refresher Newcastle only won four games in the rest of the season.

Just wondering when one of these trips has ever worked. Will we come back a rejuvenated team, and push for Europe?

LMFAO; Push for Europe! The player will play for their bonus nothing more.

• sing in the corner

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:10 AM

OOps didn’t mean the word ‘wise’ there… Don’t want to stoke up any subliminal messages!

• cyprus

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:13 AM

So,
    Is the English lesson over. Or are we on synonyms now 😉

W,
    I sincerely hope that that IS NOT a goal of this owner (being average). To be honest, I haven’t read it formally anywhere. I just read the inept one saying something like that, but ten again he talked about CL too. A nut, I tell you.

Still, if that is MA’s goal, I’d agree with you. To use a popular term, it would be nothing short of disastrous 😉

I’m optimistic: New coach, good players, new era

• John Tudor

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:15 AM

push for the championship

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:16 AM

maybe our chances have got better for saturday. – southampton will be without Schneidellon and Wayama – both injured last night. will take all small mercies sent to us.

• Bambams

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Fellas for those of you who saw the posts I did a few days ago about my mate and his fight against two brain tumours. His full story will be in this weeks Sunday Sun.

Also a massive thank you to Sparky55 for his huge donation in purchasing one of the framed signed Toon tops. Thank you also to those of you who donated on thr Just Giving page.

All the very best.

• cyprus

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:20 AM

C,
    Watched most of the first half, Ipswich played just as well then. Was that Full strength Soton? If so, surely, we can compete…
    Then again, they spank us annually. I’ve gone for a draw.

• mindcompressor

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Congratulation Jonas! 🙂 It is always good to see when somebody finds own strength and winning with difficulties, illness and own mind. Don’t need another Spiderman mask – you are the hero 🙂

• Sav

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Delighted for Jonas that he’s clear and well. But sentiment does not come into decisions to play him and I’d like it if this rumoured clause in his contract said to kick in a after so many matches would be confirmed or denied by the player or the club. Perhaps it is only a rumour to explain his sudden and bizarre banishment to Norwich. Or maybe Jonas should relinquish the clause if he wants to be considered for the team now.

• SpaceGhost

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:16 AM

That Jonas goal made my day. The accompanying music however, is just dreadful. Kinda like how I imagine putting that midget Craig Bellamy in a blender at maximum speed.

• richardj1986

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:32 AM

So Jonas would love to get into the squad… My opinion is put him on the bench… if we are winning well get him on the pitch. if it is close save him… if we are losing 2-1 eg get him on the pinch he would turn st james park in to the loudest stadium in the country for the moment he gets on the pitch and every touch he takes the cheers will boost the whole team.. if we are out of the game get him on give him a run out. he must boost morale of others… such a nice story of recovery…