To Be Honest I Feared The Worst – I Was Embarrassed

Newcastle were hammered 4-0 by Southampton on September 13th at St. Mary’s Stadium and that was the second time in a row we had beaten there by that score.

john carver newcastle fans southampton

John Carver confronting Newcastle fans before the game at Southampton

It was our worst performance of the season and caretaker manager and Alan Pardew and the coaching staff heard the disapproval from the Newcastle fans at the game and it was really that start of the Sack Pardew campaign.

It was also the time that John Carver confronted fans before the game, and he had to apologize for that after Newcastle had completed an internal investigation on what happened and of course Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley were both at that game.

With Alan Pardew having departed for Crystal Palace and John Carver the current caretaker manager we hope we can do a lot better this afternoon against the visiting Saints side.

This is what Carver has said about that terrible defeat:

“It was absolutely the worst day of my time at the club, one of the darkest days of my life to be honest. I was embarrassed to be part of Newcastle United coaching staff.”

“Yes we played against a good side, but we created nothing on the day and they could have won it by six or seven and that’s not right. I’ve got to be honest, I feared the worst for the season that night. It stayed with me for a long time.”

“But with talent, you have got to have hard work, like Cristiano Ronaldo does and Gareth Bale and Lionel Messi and all the top players.”

After that defeat we drew at home to Hull 2-2 after being 2-2 down and it was Papiss Cisse’s arrival on the pitch for the first time this season with two goals in the final 20 minutes that saved us – and then we won 3-2 at Crystal Palace after extra time in the League Cup.

But then a loss the following Monday night at Stoke City was the low point of the season, and after that we got a good 2-2 draw at Swansea after coming from behind twice, we went on that famous six wins in a row in all competitions.

Newcastle have been up and down in form since Alan Pardew left and we have had a 3-3 draw at home to Burnley, a 1-0 defeat in the League Cup at Leicester, and a 2-0 defeat at Chelsea.

So we are hoping we can get a win this afternoon – but it will not be easy against a very good Southampton side who are 3rd in the Premier League at the moment with 39 points and above Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Wandering Geordie

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Carver out!

• Goofy

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:21 AM

• JDdubai

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Previous thread .Jimmy

You still need another 6 months to decide what Mashleys intentions are?????

Its like he is behind you with his trousers round his ankles and is holding a bottle of Johnsons Baby lotion in 1 hand and calling you pretty eyes and you are looking over your shoulder and you want to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what his intentions are…

He will have his way with you.

Same as he will with this club, he’ll screw it to get what he wants and then walk away.

Where that analogy came from I dont know….quite worrying..

• mindshaft

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:26 AM

Its a lot easier for the Rangers fans as they know from our experience they are getting a tight fisted owner who will drain the soul out the club. Sadly us toon fans thought he was the messiah when he first came with his money and thought we were about to challenge the tip four. Remember when Ashley said he would put in 25 million a season of his own money for free….sacked Allardyce, brought KK back we were celebrating …. Didn’t take long to turn sour though and by then Ashley was in it yo the tune of 200 million , he’s clearly not going to walk away with a loss so he’ll just milk TV money / free advertising SD much as he can
    If we’d known then what we know now I’m sure that just like the rangers fans we would be rioting on the streets.
    Sadly we’ve been slowly worn down to a point where people don’t give a flying f##k anymore.
    Sad days indeed

• Mister Tuff

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:26 AM

my god what a disturbing picture.

Jimmy please deny you have pretty eyes!

• jimmysmith

Jan 17, 2015 at 9:19 AM

I think Ashley could essentially put it back in and recoup at point of sale, or he can take it out now. I don’t know what he’s doing, or planning to do, given that the club is clearly not on the bones of its arse, nor have the profits been in its possession long enough to know what they are earmarked for, owners pocket or otherwise. I don’t feel the owner breathing down my neck, nor taking me from behind, and as good an analogy as it may be, it just doesn’t make it so.