This Is Not A Good Time For Newcastle To Do This Again

Siem de Jong was seriously injured in training at the start of September, and he has been out ever since – so that’s coming up to nearly five months out since the first game he can possibly play is on the last day of January at Hull.

Siem de Jong Oldham

Siem de Jong in action at Oldham

But Siem has now been back in training for a week, and is currently in the warm weather at Dubai,  as the first team squad have gone there for four days this week and will return on Thursday.

Caretaker manager John Carver is pleased to have the former Ajax captain and Dutch International back:

“It was great to get Siem back on the training ground last week.” “That showed around the place, because he’s an experienced player.”

“He’s a good player, and he’ll be a good player for this football club. The quicker we get him up and running the better.”

“He is one guy in this squad who’s an accomplished finisher.” “If he has one or two of those chances, he’ll put them away.”

Siem turns 26 next week and is a class player who can score from almost anywhere,  and it’s expected he will play in the withdrawn striker role, and he’s been given the number 10 shirt on Tyneside.

In fact we are expecting a number of players back soon but some injured players keep having their return dates moved back.

Mehdi Abeid is back in full training now and he was on the bench on Saturday – so he could possibly start at Hull City in place of Vutnon Anita.

Ryan Taylor and Rolando Aarons are also due back at the end of the month, and Gabby Obertan should be back a couple of weeks after that.

So hopefully the return from injury of some of our players will help us get some points on the board – but we are in a mini-slump and taken only 4 points from our last seven league games, which is a little worrying.

It’s not a good time to go on a term slump as happened with Newcastle at the end of last season.

The way we finished the season last term was when we lost seven of our  last eight games, failed to score in six of them, conceded a massive 19 goals and scored only four.

🙁

If we do that this season we could be in trouble.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:24 AM

This article although nearly a month old still resonates with me ———Could be something to do with him missing the Dubai trip—————- http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/how-coloccini-power-has-grown-within-st-james-park-30869371.html

• optimistic prime

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Ac

The rumour was doing the rounds just before Percy left, he was even asked about a potential sale of NUFC in one his first interviews as palace manager.
    Said “not that he knew of”

I listened to Talksport last week and Luke Edwards of the Telegraph said “there’s rumours going round that there’s a few people ready and wanting to buy NUFC”

He made sure he said again “these are only rumours and I don’t have any names”

Just the slug creating Intrest for season tickets sales yet I’ve even crossed the dog and cat just incase.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:26 AM

whatever else happens i really hope we don’t screw it up with AARONS. The one really genuine good thing to come through in an age. Made an instant and consistent impact where others have failed. Madness to have brought him back too soon.

Could still have a half decent team with Aarons, de jong, perez, abeid, cisse and others.

• Mag52

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:26 AM

The match against Hull is a crucial one.
    They are in a worse run of form than we are, and should we fail to pick up at least a point against them, the writing really would be on the wall.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:26 AM

looking forward to him getting a run in the side

the first two games of the season, particularly villa, he linked well with a clever 1-2 with perez

• jayphoto

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:26 AM

If he replicates his best form at Ajax he’ll be our best player. One of the only footballing brain players in our squad. If it wasn’t for the fact his joints are made frim glass and play do he would have moved to a champions league club! Think his return will see an increase in goals for whoevers up top.

• jayphoto

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:28 AM

A team of Krul, janmaat, Colo, (new cb) santon, sissoko, colback, cabella, dejong, Aarons and Perez ain’t half bad to be honest

• Rotonda heights

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:29 AM

optimistic

sad fact 50000 will turn up regardless of the endless dross served up and the fat man knows it.

that’s why i don’t get people who say a boycott wouldn’t work. nothing else has so why not

• Goofy

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Jayphoto… Team looks tasty but no decent back ups, Haidara and Sammy all the rest are well… meh

• Rotonda heights

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:32 AM

jay

you’d like to think someone could get something out of that lot and also the ones who haven’t adapted yet like rivi etc.

• 70TWO

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:32 AM

The way to avoid a ‘slump’ is to ensure you don’t lose games, eg. Pulis tactics. Except we don’t have a capable defensive unit and no tactical training that hammers the discipline home (hence why no Collo is unfortunate). The only other way is the KK method, which has less guarantee of success or putting a smile on the face. But generates greater emotional support from the crowd.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Jesper,
    No, I don’t see much similar. You talk about getting at him through SD, and hoping he loses interest in Rangers. I say nothing of the sort.

Not sure what you are getting at or what your point is mate.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:35 AM

rotonda

a boycott wouldn’t work as people won’t do it in enough numbers and often enough.

name another club, especially in england, that has done that

• bobby mango

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:36 AM

God knows we need something. Hope SDJ can bring some much needed positive influence.

On Ashley selling, it’s a pretty unremarkable statement from Shepherd. It’s known virtually every football is for sale, the problem is the buyers. Ashley would sell in am instant if someone came in with a profitable offer. That’s our problem; there’s no one who can/will buy the club.

Finally, as I’ve not posted for a while I need to get this off my chest – I’m sick of reading people saying now Pardew had moved and we’re still struggling it proves he wasn’t the problem. Of course we know Ashley is the major problem but nothing has been proved with Pardew until we get a new head coach. You can’t compare results with Carver as he worked with Pardew, he was/is part of the problem.

• optimistic prime

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Rotonda

No matter how many people said they wouldn’t go we’d still get 20,000 who’d still turn up no matter what.

The fan base changed during the Keegan years when middle class fans bought season tickets for their families.
    Now when your at the match your surrounded by people who see having a ticket to the match as a status symbol and have no real Intrest in football.
    That’s one of the main reasons the grounds like a morgue.

So now when cheap tickets are available it’s the only time a lot of real fans can get into the ground, no matter how unhappy they are with things they just want a chance to see their team play and will take it.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Jesper,
    Sorry, in us, not Rangers.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Jesper:
    From what I gather about the Fat one, is that he doesn’t like Newcastle to be a burden work-wise not just financially!

…so make it a burden!

Lilongwe:
    For me, it isn’t about targeting his other interests and making life uncomfortable for him.

Jesper:
    The other thing is – as firebug mentioned – that SD is his main product and he has shareholders to please. Simply make that difficult for him.

Lilongwe:
    For me, it isn’t about targeting his other interests…

Jesper:
    He needs to loose interest in Newcastle. Now is a good time to do that with his new interest in Rangers!

Lilongwe:
    The only way I see of getting him out is through offering him a viable alternative that works for him.

Jesper:
    Both Firebug and I made a point about unite in another post (didn’t copy post it)

Lilongwe:
    Still, it is about uniting the fans, bringing them together. There are enough Newcastle fans in positions of influence who can open doors to other high powered, affluent individuals to help facilitate a sale.

…BUT then again English is not my first language

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Lilongwe…I did read #2 wrong I see!

…you did say isn’t and not is (I’ll give you that one)

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:42 AM

*meant #1

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:44 AM

…it was more the making his life uncomfortable and the buden part that was similar in #1

• martoon

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Rotonda & Transfer – I still think targetting SD shops would be much more effective. It would only take a few fans standing outside with banners etc, which would deter other people from going in (I know I wouldn’t push through a crowd of protesters). This would be quite legal and really hit him where it hurts. However this would take some organising for NUFC fans to do it across the country!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Jesper,
    So you are saying I said the opposite for the first 2, and then we have a similar view for your fourth point?

Just not sure what you are getting at by copying and pasting posts together.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Jesper,
    I don’t say to make it a burden for him. Or to target SD. You have mis read my post I think. I don’t even mention Rangers or him loosing interest. I say their needs to be a viable alternative that he sees as being good for him.

• firebug666

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:47 AM

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Lilongwe: I am saying the only thing that differs are Firebug and I believe his other interests should be target!

…half of the point in #1 (I got #2 wrong – misread isn’t for is)

…everything else sticks!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Lilongwe…it’s probably the “isn’t” in the first two point that keeps throwing me off 🙂

• firebug666

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:50 AM

martoon

And if the SD website was hacked at the same time bringing it’s sales to 0%, and his SD shops down to 50% effective sales, then he would want out, Take away his profits and he and the shareholders would want out.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Jesper,
    I’m going to leave it here, but think you have grasped the wrong end of the stick mate. Your first 2 points are at odds with the quote you use from my post for 1.

The only bit that agrees is that fans need to be as one, a common theme from most posters on here.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:52 AM

martoon

That could work, or if anyone is great on computers so some of denial of service attack to take down his site…the way anonymous did with certain companies.

But I wouldn’t know where to begin and then it become illegal too.

• firebug666

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Sage

Yeah but it’s only illegal if the perpetrator gets caught. Anyway if the site was taken down from outside our country I’m not sure what the law would be would depend on the country.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Lilongwe…I did misread the word “isn’t” in the first two points.

…the last two points still sticks (no wrong of the stick mate)

• martoon

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Transfer Sage @28 – I think you have to stay legal as most of us have families etc. and you can’t be getting a criminal record and losing your job etc. I love NUFC but not that much 🙂

• 70TWO

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Ibrox Noise – Another day, more chaos.

This quote got me thinking, instead of organised rebellion that has been shown to NOT gather mass physical support; sustained unpredictable protest will probably be quite effective.

Anything that will delay the start of the game, cause the club to be fined, cause crowd disturbance, or anything that can be done through the minimal number of people with the maximum of effect.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Jesper,
    No worries. The last point is one I and many on here have made for a long time.

As for Rangers, they aren’t involved in my thinking for a viable alternative. He may be interested in having control of them, but that still doesn’t offer an alternative to him leaving our club. There still needs to be a person with the funds and interested.

Anyway, I’m still totally unsure of what the point of your original post was, unless it was to claim I was copying what you had already said which is clearly not the case.

• 70TWO

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Is there away to coordinate thousands of computers to make demands on the website in an attempt to crash it? Or all make the same small purchase at the same time? Thats not illegal.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:03 AM

firebug,
    I’m not sure that is how the law works. If I stole something then even if I got away with it, it would still have been a crime.

I think if protests are to happen, then they have to stay the right side of the law, or it would be the fans and the club that come out looking worst.

• firebug666

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:06 AM

All fans going into the ground should also use there coats, bags, scarves and flags etc to cover as much of the SD advertising as possible, if you cannot see it it is not doing it’s job.

• anthc

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:08 AM

De jongs yet to convince me he was terrible against palace. He looked more like his brother but heres hoping!

• firebug666

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Lilongwe Geordie

I absolutely agree the comment was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek mate. But the website could be hacked, most likely from someone in China or Korea.

There are plenty of hackers about we just need one who supports Newcastle.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Lilongwe….no the point was not to say you were copying!

…it was merely to show that that we thought the same (same means more or less to attain the same gaol)

…so I misread the thing about making it a burden for him – but reading thought our posts the essence is the same