It’s Not Surprising – Loan Spell To End For Newcastle Striker


There have been reports over the last two weeks that the loan spell of Argentine striker Facundo Ferreyra from Shakhtar Donetsk, will be terminated this month by Newcastle United.

Facundo Ferreyra 123

Facundo Ferreyra – never made it at Newcastle

We don’t know who was responsible for getting this striker in – and at the time it looked quite promising because we were short of strikers – but it just hasn’t worked out, and the Argentine doesn’t even make the bench,  and Facundo has never played for the Newcastle first team in a competitive match.

The striker was unhappy at his club in Ukraine because of the Russian rebels situation in the summer – and that  has hardly improved over the last six months – so maybe the 23 year-old will try to find another club where he can play for the rest of the season.

The news is being reported in the Chronicle, and it’s just not worth paying a loan fee for a player who isn’t good enough to help the first team.

Releasing the Argentine would release a spot in Newcastle’s 25 man squad for the Premier League, so perhaps we could bring in another striker on loan this month?

Newcastle have never been too lucky with loan spells, and last year at this time we brought in Luuk de Jong but that didn’t work out either, but we still signed his older brother Siem in the summer.

Unfortunately Siem’s been out injured nearly all season.

However Loic Remy did have a successful loan spell at Newcastle last season – but he wouldn’t sign a permanent deal for us last summer – and is warming the bench mostly at Chelsea this season.

According to Lee Charnley in his interview in the Chronicle last night, it is very unlikely that any players will be coming in over the January transfer window which could have been the trigger for Alan Pardew to get out when he could, after the Palace manager’s job became vacant.

Lee also said we will not be selling any players this January – but put in the proviso that he would never say never about selling players.

The translation is that if a big enough bid comes in for any player, the way Newcastle operate under Mike Ashley is that we will sell – and sell quickly – regardless of whether we can replace him – money remains king.

What a terrible way to run a football club.

But that’s something the new head coach will be told and will have to live with – if he wants the Newcastle head coach job this summer.

They may see that as a barrier to being successful at Newcastle – and they could be right about that.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

5 comments so far

  • sparky55

    Jan 21, 2015 at 10:46 PM

    Comment #1

    The only positive about Carver getting the job as most of expected is it’s a brave call we stay up under his stewardship…so it’ll be a good indicator as to whether he’s selling us or keeping us.

    If carver gets the job and we buy some new players in this window then he’ll want to keep us up and will spend money to do so and most likely will have realised he will not get his hands on rangers.

    If however carver gets the job and we don’t buy anyone in the window and let players go then that I think will be a clear indication he doesn’t give a fcuk if we go down cos he’s rolled over the SFA and is buying rangers.

    All hinges on what happens on the 27th

    0
  • jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

    Jan 21, 2015 at 10:53 PM

    Comment #2

    So with Chunky leaving and Jonas mostly going back to Argentina that means we have potentially freed up two spots.

    And what about Bigi and Fergy are they registered? They don’t seem to play games – basically that means we could free up four places for new players, who actually could make a difference.

    *depending on whether Bigi needs to be registered or not

    0
  • jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

    Jan 21, 2015 at 10:55 PM

    Comment #3

    *most likely

    0
  • 70TWO

    Jan 21, 2015 at 11:04 PM

    Comment #4

    P

    At first I think we all started out on the blog with your idealism that all would be alright in the end. Some say just be grateful we are playing in the PL and at least we get to see (opposition) top players on our own turf. But the club is turning into a skeleton of its former self, we can see it happening and have no means to do anything about it. The media can see how the operational restrictions hamper the footballing performances but just say the manager is doing a good job in the circumstances. Loyal supporters are being driven away because we expect a policy of progressive developmental and are replaced by those who are prepared to pay less in the naivety that they are optimistically supporting the team.

    0
  • one fine day

    Jan 22, 2015 at 12:51 AM

    Comment #5

    wasn’t this guy brought in on colocini’s recommendation ?
    but then again as charnley said…The important thing to stress here is that there is a process I have been working through the same as I would if I were looking for any other senior member of staff. It’s not a case of someone getting the job because he’s a friend of a friend or he knows someone.
    guess thats not true then . Just seems very strange how he was picking up a decent wedge yet barely even got close to the bench.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.