This Coach Is Not A Good Match For Autocratic Newcastle

There was no way that former Spurs manager Tim Sherwood would have been a good match for Newcastle, with their autocratic regime in place – and Tim would hardly have bowed down to the restrictions imposed on the head coach by owner Mike Ashley and Managing Director Lee Charnley.

tim Sherwood _g_2767948k

Tim Sherwood – while managing Tottenham a year ago

In the Northern Echo today – the Newcastle regime is being compared with the old communist way of running things – when other people’s opinions (the peasants) didn’t matter, and the leaders would just go ahead following their communist principles – even though they never seemed to work.

Picky picky.

We all know what happened to Communism in the late 1980s.

In Lee Charnley’s interview with the Chronicle on Tuesday night – which went over like a lead balloon with Newcastle fans – the head coach will be expected  to coach the side and will be simply one of a committee of four in dealing with the transfers.

But Tim is more of an English type manager like Tony Pulis, and would want more say than that in the running of Newcastle.

Tim is also outspoken and wouldn’t have been willing to always toe the party line – which is a strict requirement of the new head coach.

Mike Ashley has an autocratic way of running the club, and those who don’t like it shouldn’t even apply – and they wouldn’t get the job in any case,

This is what Tim said yesterday about the vacant head coach position at Newcastle:

“This one, for me, is not something I will be interested in.” “I want to make sure the next managerial job is going to be the right one.”

“I want to be picky, I want to be picking the right one.” “I am still a young manager and I think there is plenty of time for me.”

“I don’t want to rush back into the first job offered.” “I’m desperate to get back in but I’m not desperate for anything.”

Like I’m not desperate enough to go take a job like the one at Newcastle.

Tim is not a company man, and he has his own ideas as he showed at Tottenham, and the Newcastle job would in no way be suited to his personality.

We wonder how many other top coaches will turn away from Newcastle once they understand how the head coach is expected to operate at Newcastle?

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• SuperShearer

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Interesting how he’s ruled himself out of the running a good few weeks after the job was open. Suspect we never even approached him unless it was to just see us through till the end of the season.

• expatmag

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:48 AM

I am afraid that the way Kim Jong Ash is running his business empire like a stalinistic despot, he is setting himself up for assassination. Be warned fat one

• lesh

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Cheeky tw@t…… He’s right though…

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:57 AM

firebug…the aeroplane part?

• AncientC

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:14 AM

See, there is your problem, that term “managerial.”

Sorry Timothy, there are no managerial openings at Newcastle right now.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:17 AM

expat

amazed no one’s tried yet!

it is very sad that the path to a good manager has been blighted by the lack of desire to pay off carver stone and woodman.

normally i don’t agree with reward for failure but this will see us left with at best the wally with a brolly and at worst..i shudder to think.

• firebug666

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:18 AM

jesper

Sorry mate it was over my head. Thought you were talking about the footballer. lol

I’m actually pleased Tim Sherwood does not want to come here, I never wanted him anyway, But the ways he talk this man is burning bridges before he’s even crossed them. It’s easy to see why he lost the dressing room so quickly at Spurs.

• Mattroge

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Is Sherwood in a position to be picky though? I understand where he’s coming from in that he has to look out for himself and that in football a bad spell at a club can very quickly undo a managers reputation. In my opinion his tenure at Spurs wasn’t anything special. He had a good impact initially which tailed off towards the end of his time there. He showed naiviety against the top sides which resulted in a couple of hidings and he openly criticised his players to the media. I think he would be extremely fortunate to get another chance at a Premier League Club.

• sing in the corner

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Phew, lucky for us that this guy thinks he’s much better than he actually is