Newcastle Star – We Need To Create Something Here

Remy Cabella has been interviewed in the French press and would you believe he doesn’t say he wants to leave Newcastle, and in fact he says there is still work to do at Newcastle, and he says the players need to create something on Tyneside.

That’s good.

Remy Cabella

Remy Cabella – coming into good form at Newcastle.

Cabella has had a tough time of it in his first six months on Tyneside, but he’s also shown he’s a strong character – which tends to show through when people are challenged – and to his credit the 24 year-old has remained positive – even though things have been tough for him, and he’s had trouble coping with English football.

But on the positive side we are now starting to see Remy in some very good form, and he had a great game at Chelsea a few weeks back, and hopefully the tide has now turned for him – we hope so because he’s such a positive lad.

This is what he has said in Montpellier’s local newspaper Midi Libre:

“I am enjoying myself. Each game is intense from the first until the last minute. I need some time to adapt. I have lived through several months that were a little difficult both on the bench and on the pitch. I am discovering a new league and new players. I feel much better, I am playing my game as I feel it.”

“I don’t regret the decision to join Newcastle at all. The decision, which I made, I take responsibility for and I do not regret it.”  “We learn when we are put in difficult situations.”

“It is not because I am not playing or only playing a little that I should say to myself: “OK, now I am leaving.” That is too easy. At Montpellier, I rose steadily.” “When I became a professional for the first time it was difficult. It took my 2 or 3 years to feel good. Here, I arrive with new players, we need to create something here.”

“In order for me to be at the Euros, I need to be starting and performing for my club. I came here for that reason, to know something else.”

“The day that I complete my gaps, I will be better and I will return to the National team.”

Those are good words from Remy – who has remained popular with Newcastle fans and it would be great if he now can keep showing his top form for the rest of the season, and there’s no doubt this lad has lots of talent and he’s been close to scoring his first goal for the club on about five occasions.

Maybe he can score one for us at Hull City on Saturday?

How Will Newcastle Fare At Hull City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Rotonda heights

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:55 PM

I see jail has now got an alter ego in Mike Ashley for the greater good. lol !

Not quite sure how he squares supporting both Pardew and Ashley though.

Ed

Not saying he isn’t but how do you know Dave watson is a good addition? Have you seen any of his training sessions?

• Reyantoon

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM

The problem for cabella is his finishing became poor in PL ,while he was good finisher in french league.He just needs a goal to spring back that finishing ego..

I see arsenal signed a new center back.
    May be we can move for winsten Reid or van dijk now before someone else snap them.Reid has good height and strength, good on the ball and will be free agent in 5 months time.Fabian Schar will also be fee agent in 5 months time.
    Lassoga,don’t know him well but will be good addition in place of Ferreyra.He is 23,had good season in 13/14 but hasn’t this season bcoz the entire Hamburg team were poor and were struggling.In my eyes,Lassoga is better than Ings..

• AncientC

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Cabella has only just broken into the starting line up… it would be pretty shambolic timing to talk about a transfer. (Window closes on Monday at 11pm)

• geordie157

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Off subject but i have to say this years Royal Rumble was bloody awful !!!

back on subject….Cabella should start to shine if he gets a good run of games.

On Watson, good defender in his day, good coach? not sure, if he is good i’d question why wasnt he involved with the first team until now, possibly due to pards being all things defence.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Ancient…of course it’s a phrase…coined by Dylan Ratigan to explain some aspects of our reality – something we didn’t have a name for!

…that makes it easier when discussing it!

• Our Toon

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Ahh I see some still hold out hope for Cabella to actually do something….at what point do fans and staff say this lad just hasn’t got it

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:06 PM

*Ratiger

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:08 PM

I don’t get this preoccupation with van Dijk – he plays in the SPL – wow!
    Whenever he’s played in the Champions League Celtic have leaked goals

• Our Toon

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Interesting press conference from Carver, he doesn’t think any players are likely to come in!!

• Munster Mag

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Why is Dave Watson such a good promotion? Was Pardew hiding his defensive ability under a bushel, or is he just not that great that he hasnt come to the forefront before? I am guessing the latter…

• croftus5678

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:18 PM

@9 munster

tbf we cant defend for s&^t so i dont see how trying to change things can make us any worse tbh lol

glad santons back and same with abied as we are much stronger with them in the side than those who cover them !

<3 cabella but atm he's an entertainer who doesnt make it count where its needed (i.e. in assists/goals) a bit of confidence and a goal or 2 may see things change but i'd be using him as impact sub once ober and rolando are back as they benefit us a lot more on the pitch with there goals and assists.

• Our Toon

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Shola is back, at palace who have also signed Jordan Mutch. So glad he didn’t have all the say on tranfers

• croftus5678

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:19 PM

@10 not 9 >.<

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:20 PM

watson has moved up so who is doing his job now or have we done away with it after all you don’t need that many coaches

• Our Toon

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Croftus

Obertan has 1 assist and 1 goal

• toonbrother

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:21 PM

MCLAREN OR BUST

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:22 PM

BUST

• toon kk

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:22 PM

I can’t see any new signings coming in, MA wont pay over the odds, will he?

Pards has got his ever so faithful Shola to the end of the season, bet they show us how to play.

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:23 PM

TOONBROTHER WHY WOULD HE LEAVE DERBY

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM

toonkk he won’t pay the going rate never mind over the odds

• croftus5678

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:26 PM

@15 our toon

aye out of 6 games thats not a bad ratio for a winger esp when compared to what cabella has done so far.

• Our Toon

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Croftus

You think that’s good for a winger? What’s Aarons record? 2 goals and an assist off the top of my head in 3/4 games?

Obertan is a pi$$ poor player mate that shouldn’t be starting

• JAMSHA(CARVER SLAYER)

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:30 PM

where are the youngsters we wer supposed to sign? i guess untill last sec we will officialy put a bid for them

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:34 PM

jamsha no new players tight ass won’t send

• croftus5678

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:41 PM

@22 our toon

rolando 5 apps 2 goals no assists
    cabella 20 apps 1 assist (a fair few subs though)
    moussa 20 apps 2 goals 1 assist

compared to the rest of our team yes i think its decent !
    havent even bothered with abied/goofy stats but i dont think i need too tbh.

• grem1983

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Cabella has played 1091 mins in the EPL, he has created 30 chances (most this season for us), so averages a chance every 37 mins, with 1 assist.

Aarons has played 102 mins in the league, created 0 chances and scored 1 goal.

Obertan has played 302 mins, created 8 chances (1 every 38 mins), scored and assisted 1.

Sammy has played 775 mins, created 11 chances (1 every 71 mins) scored 1 and assisted 2.

Sissoko has played 1779 mins, created 24 chances (1 every 75 mins), scored 2 assisted 1.

So based on these figures Cabella and Obertan are our most creative players.

• grem1983

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Forgot about Gouff (easy to do);

Played 1469 mins creating 13 chances (1 chance every 113 mins), scored 1 (well) assisted 1!

• The next Mike Williamson

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:46 PM

didn’t Aarons set up that Mike Williamson goal?