Facundo Ferreyra has yet to make his debut for Newcastle in a competitive game, and there was news earlier this week that his loan spell at Newcastle will be terminated this month, and he will be allowed to return to Shakhtar Donetsk.
Facundo Ferreyra – injured?
In his interviews with the press yesterday Newcastle caretaker manager John Carver tried to explain the situation, and said that the Argentine is currently out injured and not available for selection at the moment:
“He’s injured at the moment.” “He’s had a problem with his back. He is here for treatment.” “I sat everybody on Tuesday morning and said everybody has a clean slate.”
We would be very surprised if Facundu’s loan spell doesn’t get terminated this month, since Newcastle do not like to spend money on a player who doesn’t look likely to get a game for us this season.
And that’s especially true with players like Mehdi Abeid, Davide Santon, Gabby Obertan, Ryan Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez, Siem de Jong and Rolando Aarons due back soon from injury.
Newcastle have never been very lucky with players coming into the club on loan, and that has continued with the 23 year-old Argentine striker.
Just like John Carver is not the man who decides anything on transfers, he also will not be involved in deciding if Ferreyra’s loan will continue.
One argument is to keep Facundu at the club since we are already short of strikers, but Newcastle don’t think that way from a squad perspective, they think of the money side of it, and he’s simply not good value to the club.
If Facundu does leave it does free up a place in the 25 man Newcastle squad for the Premier League – in case a new player comes into the club before next Monday night – a long shot we know.
You can follow us on our three social media sites below: