John Carver Gives Praise To Newcastle Star Player

It wasn’t a surprise when John Carver was asked yesterday whether Moussa Sissoko would be leaving the club, and that’s after John’s own admission that his job was not to involved in any possible transfer dealings this month.

moussa sissoko scores burnley

Moussa Sissoko – only exceptional offer will see him leave Newcastle

Anyway, John gave a lengthy answer to that question, as he told local reporters the following:

“Unless somebody came in with an exceptional offer, and it has to be something exceptional, he’ll be playing for this football club. Don’t worry about that.”

“This is how I deal with it – if you see the way he trains and the way he is playing, I am telling you now he is going nowhere.” “Unless we somebody comes in with a ridiculous amount of money, he is going nowhere.”

“He is focused and he has got his mind on the job. He has been absolutely first class.” “It annoys me when you see a player who has been tapped up by somebody else, and he doesn’t train properly or perform properly.”

“That’s what annoys me, and he is certainly not doing that.”  “I have experienced that, I am not going to mention players (we will – it’s Yohan Cabaye as one recent example).”

“But I have seen with an awful lot of players that once they have been tapped up to go somewhere, they down tools, and it is so obvious.”

And when John  was asked what would be a ridiculous amount of money for Moussa Sissoko he said £50M, £60M and then smiled.

It;ls good that Moussa is focused as we know when Arsenal were after Yohan Cabaye 18 months ago he was so unfocused that he was left out of the first match of the season in August, 2013 at Manchester City – and we were hammered 4-0.

So Moussa is still doing a good job at Newcastle but in truth we cannot see him still being a Newcastle player come September.

That’s unless we get a top coach in like Frank de Boer or Remi Garde – and that will excite both fans and players alike.

We hope that happens.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Hull City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:20 AM

eeeh honestly man, am as proud as punch me like. eeeh a cannit stop smiling like. eeeh honestly am proper dense yu kna. eeeh

• Ibizatoon

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:24 AM

If it were £50-60m then I don’t think anyone could complain, but we know that a figure much less than that would be accepted.

As always, it’s not even about the selling, it’s the replacing.

We could get £50m+ and would probably still buy a prospect or someone that needs to adapt, as they will always be less expensive and should make more profit.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Ibiza,
    The crowd will be fully behind the team tomorrow, despite what Ian Toon might say I will give an honest opinion whether Carvers name is sung or not. The team can’t ask for more than 2.5K singing their hearts out for 90 minutes, although a decent CB might be a ’12th’ man.

• toonbrother

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:25 AM

If Colocinni plays the only question is how many goals will we concede

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Ibiza,
    Buying, selling, replacing if they just looked like they were trying to compete it would make it all easier to swallow, just the sight of Charnley and Ashley together discussing mid table mediocrity makes your skin crawl.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:29 AM

toonbrother,
    Yaaaaawnnn

• Rotonda heights

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:29 AM

surely we have to start blooding good, satka and streete.

yes they could be like campbell, armstrong and vuksic, but equally they could do what aarons, abeid and perez have done.

• geordie157

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:29 AM

There is one positive to come from not signing anyone, it saves me time when i update my Footy Manager game.

Ferrerya is one of those who will end up in Holland or Belgium and score for fun.

From the little i’m seen of him he reminds me a bit of Xisco.

• optimistic prime

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:31 AM

Firebug

I think I get it now, this five year plan was actually the five year old plan.

The slug identified decent five year olds 8years ago and we’re waiting for them to come through.

• jayphoto

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:31 AM

@Toonbrother -really don’t get your hate for Coloccini? Hes no world beater now but id argue over this season hes still been better than Gouffran, Williamson, Dummett (at lb), Anita, Tiote, Riviere and Cabella. (Tho i think those last 2 might come good)

• jayphoto

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Btw John Carver is a journos dream! Theres no way hes going the whole season without getting led down a garden path and tricked/manipulated into saying something that’ll make back pages

• Ibizatoon

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Jail…I get that the whole relationship with Ashley has been a mess, but I can honestly say that in my opinion, if the club were a little more upfront and actully showed they cared about the fans and where the club was going, other than just treading water, the majority of fans would be fine.

They’ve sapped any trust out of us and only have themselves to blame.

Whilst you’re there, can you try and get Carvers address for me? 🙂

• optimistic prime

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Ibiza

The slugs back pocket

• beermonkey

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM

rotunda

I agree we need to blood these young defenders
    I cant see any new cd’s coming in either now or the summer

although I would rather 2 out the 3 of good satka streete went out onloan

• Ibizatoon

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:40 AM

OP…Isn’t that a little close to his heart, I mean wallet?

Beermonkey…I was about to say that they simply must buy a CB in the summer, but I say that every season.

Anyway, we get Lascalles next season, we’re all sorted!

• beermonkey

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Ibiza

this season we will lose raylor sissoko tiote could well be sold
    next season colo willo saylor all out of contract

because we only buy youngsters were going to seriously lack experience this fact will be made worse because the only first team players we do buy all come from abroad

• firebug666

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:52 AM

OP

A five year old plan; Brilliant 😀

This idea of developing the first team from within, would only work if we backed it up with signing players we need to create a winning team, at the moment our defence is pi$$ poor, but with Lesellas (spelling) coming in the summer, and Good, Streete and Satka coming though we will not buy a CB.

The same can be said of our striking options, we have Campbell, Armstrong and I think it’s Richards who are coming through, with Cisse (age) Perez, Riviere and de Jong, they will not buy another.

So while their development plan could work, it still needs support from transfers.

Basically were screwed.

• Ibizatoon

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:55 AM

beermonkey…I hear you. I am comforted though, as Penfold assures us they know what they’re doing.

Who are we to judge?

• beermonkey

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:04 AM

Ibiza

look at villa they got rid of all the experienced pro’s ad have been lucky not to go down, this season they bought in the experienced players in key positions

I think the club wing it and will continue to do so

• optimistic prime

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:14 AM

The policy is like everything the slug does regarding NUFC half arsed.

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Never thought I would live to the day an employee of NUFC is mocked for being a fan and a Geordie

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:16 AM

`see`

• toonbrother

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:17 AM

@10jayphoto
    Ever heard of the 80:20 principle?
    Sometimes you need to simply the problem and hone in on the biggest root causes.
    The main problem with us hasnt been cabella, Gouffran, riviere or tiote
    Our main problem has been our defence!
    And he has been the central figure in our worst defesive displays
    38 Goals conceded in 22 or so games he has played so far
    Thats bloody shocking if you ask me

• toonbrother

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:20 AM

I correctly predicted Dummet and Colo would be just as bad as Willo and Colo in the Chelsea Game.
    I was proven correct!

Here’s another prediction:

If Carver has the balls to uproot colocinni from the starting line up ,we’ll be safe this season

But If he continues to play, we might get relegated
    Mark my words

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Defending starts in the midfield
    I hope Mehdi Abeid starts

• firebug666

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Jeff

Is he being mocked for being a fan and a Geordie? I don’t think so.

He is being mocked for his interview where all he is doing is whining and fawning at the feet of Charnley and Ashley.

He’ll take whatever scraps are thrown down for him, and will do it happily.

What happened to “I am my own man”. Well not anymore your not John, you are now a “YES” man, Please sir I’ll do anything, just give me the job.

• optimistic prime

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:23 AM

I agree it’s a bit unfair calling Carver a Geordie.

Thick as two shorty planks, looks like he lives on the streets, or has a mouth full of marbles are much more appropriate insults.

• south coast toon

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:23 AM

jose morinho says we can sale any players its the ball boys that make the difference ….lol

• toonbrother

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:27 AM

~@Jeff from Benwell
    Midfield? Thats a bit arbitrary
    Why not argue defense starts from attack
    That would allow you to blame gouffran or any other convenient scapegoat for our SHOCKING defensive record

Mate Common sense dictates the diagnosis of our defensive problems should start with our defence

stop overthinnking it

If you have a bad defensive record it means you have a bad defence

Even the greatest defensive midfielders in the world cannot compensate for a disastrous central defender like Colocinni

• optimistic prime

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Toonbrother

I don’t want to spring this on you but if Collocini doesn’t play until the end of the season we may still get relegated.

Give it up lad we haven’t forgot your view (even though many try) we all know the defence is bonk. I’m unsure what I find more disturbing your hatred of Colo or your love for Mclaren.

• toonbrother

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:31 AM

@optimistic prime
    Get rid of Colocinni and We actually have a good squad
    Very few teams can boast of the likes of Sissoko, Perez, Cabella and Ayoze Perez
    We may not have a great defence but it will not be as terrible as its been with him in it

Without Colo goals per game ratio : 0.75
    With Colo, goals per game ratio : 1.7

• tequilamag

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:34 AM

OP Carver was born in Cruddas Park. His accent is no different from the vast majority of posters. That is the kind of stereotype that if it was done by the southern press everyone would be up in arms about.

• Average_Contents

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Good article for once. Short but straight to the point. Will he be fattened up and sold for future profit if we did manage to sign him?

Of course he will. It’s all about the bottom line with the fat slug in charge.

• hibbit

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:38 AM

toonbrother we only have one perez none of the names you mention can play cb who would you play there if colo’s out

• Oldgit1

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:39 AM

@ toonbrother You have this hate campaign against colocinni. Give it a rest. For your information I happent to rate the lad and it will be him that will get us out of the mire. We need experience in the defence leave it to Williamson then we will certainly go down we have no proven CB to come in and as a captain he is doing ok. Get off the lad case and support him and the team. Bloody idiot.

• optimistic prime

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Tequila

You sure he has the same accent as many on here?
    If anyone is stereo typing it’s you!

• tequilamag

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:43 AM

OP Tes I am sure as the vast majority of posters are from the Newcastle or the surrounding North East even if many have moved away from the area . Having a go at he way he speaks is just petty.

• firebug666

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:44 AM

I don’t rate Coloccini any more, he tends to make the wrong decisions, is very slow to react now and for being a captain of the team he is very quiet.

Having said all that, he is the best that we have, and if we are to get the best out of him he will need our support.

His best may not be good enough, but at least he’ll give us what he has left unlike some who just give up half way through the game.

• magscar

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Tequila is right give the guy a break and move on – he’s here for rest of season unless and until we are in relegation trouble.

Bear in mind that what he says to the press (like all managers or Head Coaches) may not be what he confides to those he trusts.

• JDdubai

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Think when all our CBs are fit it is now a case of who plays next to Dummett. Think he needs someone tough to deal with the Pelle-type approach but on the floor he hasnt put a foot wrong at CB all season.

Probably Willo and Dummett should be the pairing for the rest of the season, obvs Colo will play though. would be nice to see Lascelles live upto his promise moving forwards.

Team for tomorrow

Krul
    Janmaat-Willo-Colo-Haidara
    Abeid – Colback
    Obertan – Sissoko – Cabella
    Perez

Cisse off the bench, maybe move PErez out wide to replace Obertan after an hour.