Newcastle Golden Boy Starting To Shine – Thanks To Carver

It was so good to see Remy Cabella break his duck and get his first goal for Newcastle yesterday at the KC Stadium when he scored a terrific first goal for the Magpies to put us on our way to a 3-0 win. The was the one bit of class that separated Newcastle from Hull in that first half yesterday.

Remy Cabella hull goal - molested

Sammy looks like he’s trying to choke Cabella after he scored

It takes new players to England time to adjust to the increased standards in the Premier League, and the more physical style of play in England.

But Remy has shown some very good form over the last four weeks or so, and has stared the last four games under John Carver.

Remy is now looking more like the player we thought we signed last summer from Montpellier for around £7M.

This is what a delighted young Frenchman he said on the Newcastle web-site at the end of the game yesterday:

“It was a very good win,” “It was important for us to win today. I think we played very, very well and everyone is happy with the result.”

“I am so proud to score my first goal for Newcastle.I want to say thank you to all the fans and to my teammates because it is a very important moment for me.”

“Every day in training, Davide Santon tells me to shoot and keep shooting. He says ‘if you don’t shoot, you can’t score’. So I shot with my left foot, I scored and I am happy.”

“I will continue to work hard and hopefully I can score more goals for Newcastle now. That will not be the last time I am celebrating in front of the fans.”

“I want to say thank you to JC because he has given me so much confidence,” “When I go out on the pitch, I give him everything and will always do that.”

The thing we really like about Cabella is he has such an infectious and positive personality,  and he was simply over the moon to join Newcastle in the summer – and he told that to anybody who would listen. 😀

If you have a subscription to nufcTV, watch how he tells fans “this is nufcTV” with an impish smile at the end.

And although his form has been disappointing since the summer, the fans have stayed right behind him, and now he seems to be coming through well.

That’s very good news for both John Carver and Newcastle United.

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Transfer Sage

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Well low and behold carver might not be the out of touch idiot people painted him as.

Certainly would prefer a top manager but definitely an upgrade on Pardew who wouldn’t ever let us attack, especially when 2 up. Carver also identified a weakness with the defence and brought a coach in for that.

• Tsunki

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Mag52- no I’m not.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:33 AM

What I can’t understand is that if you own a football club and go to a lot of games then surely you’d want to be entertained and see some good players there and the team win.

I accept he doesn’t want to put his own money in and wants to use us to advertise SD but surely with the projected 50mil profit we could have some entertainment too.

At his billionaires boys clubs he’ll go to surely he must get the odd bit of jip for the way things go here.

• optimistic prime

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:42 AM

On Sunday supplement now

• Rotonda heights

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:52 AM

to be fair I think carver has removed the shackles and straitjackets from a lot of the players like Cabella, Anita etc.

Not saying Carver is the answer by any means but it was very refreshing to hear him say ” we let the players express themselves”

• sing in the corner

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Down to carver
    Stretching it a bit there I reckon

• Rotonda heights

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:54 AM

sage

agree 100%

• sing in the corner

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:56 AM

We let the players express themselves?
    Dial a cliche. Lets not get away from the fact that a dodgy Hull side were the best team in the 1st half, and we scored some smashing goals. 3 points all important though so happy days in that respect

• optimistic prime

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Just watched the Sunday supplement, they disscused Freddy Sheperds radio interview, also the Rangers situation.

Freddy said that the slug has got away with controlling two clubs by owning nufc and bankrolling Rangers, in his words
    “a clever way to get by the rules”.

They also say we’ll get a foreign coach in the summer as the club is being set up in a European way, however we’ll continue to do nothing except exist until the slug goes

• Owldman

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:08 PM

As one blogger stated we were second best in the first half to really bad Hull team, great goals , but how many times to we us with just one man raclng to get into the box when break build up is so slow at times.but 3 points is still 3 points no matter who you beat,