Santon Sets the Record Straight – I Wanted To Join Inter-Milan

Davide Santon has come out and said the news earlier today that he was forced out of Newcastle and that he didn’t want to move to Inter was simply not true.

davide santon

Davide Santon – wasn’t forced out

The news earlier today was that his girlfriend Chloe Sanderson, who has a 20 month old baby daughter Sienna with Davide, had posted to disparaging remarks about newcatsle United and then quickly deleted them.

But Davide says that was all a misunderstanding and wasn’t true and wrote this on his Facebook account tonight::

“I wanted to be clear and honest, as I always have done,”  “She (Sanderson) had a bit of confusion over the last few hours with people saying I first rejected Inter’s offer, then was forced to come here by Newcastle.”

“None of that is true. I never turned down Inter. As the negotiations all happened on deadline day, I just asked for a couple of hours to talk about it with my family and see what they thought.”

“After talking to my girlfriend and my parents, all together we decided it would be a fantastic choice and therefore here I am ready to begin with my new Number 21 jersey.”

Davide apparently had interest from both West Ham and West Brom but chose to return to the club he joined Newcastle from in August, 2011 for £5.2M.

The Shields Gazette is reporting the fee for a permanent move for Davide to Inter in the summer is only £3M – which seems a bit small to us – and Mike Ashley doesn’t like losing money on players – especially young players like Davide.

Inter will also have to be pay a loan fee of course, on top of the transfer fee.

And other news tonight is that Dele Alli has passed his medical at Spurs and his signing will soon be announced by Tottenham.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Our Toon

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Good old ND kicking in right there people

• Our Toon

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Have fun lads n lasses I’m offski

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM

A geordie lass getting confused – nah – don’t believe it

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Santon…where was the misunderstanding? Was it lost in translation 😉 lol

…we know both you and your wife have probably signed a non disclosure agreement!

Don’t worry (we hear ‘ya loud and clear 😉 )

• MacToon

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Ha ha ha, yeah we believe you mate. We all discussed it as a family and then I decided not to tell anyone what I was gonna do lmao……

• Blofal

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Standard predictable line from Santon. He can’t say he didn’t want to go to Inter when he’s there now can he? His girlfriend was on the money.

• Average_Contents

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Of course he’s going to say that. Doesn’t want to upset the Inter fans and would be breaking his NDA that he signed at gunpoint. Penfold’s getting ballsy.

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Must say I agree with Merson – I also thought the relegation threatened sides would be going potty in this window

• ChicagoToon

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Well he can’t exactly say “I hate Inter and they brought me hear kicking and screaming the whole way.” Who knows what the truth is, but for his future’s sake, he needed to say something

• Black and White with an army lol

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:20 PM

She knows more than what the papers are letting on, she’s one of us and knows what goes on behind the scenes.

it’s good to see the agents doing there work for them!

• Average_Contents

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Low and behold somebody falls for the guff. If it had a brain it’d be dangerous. Guff swallower.

• Black and White with an army lol

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Blofal@6

spot on

• jasonmag

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:22 PM

we should be keeping players like santon, but sadly its the way of the club now to cash in on anyone

• Belfast

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Towing the party line for sure, and making his missus look like a prat at the same time, bet that went down well haha

• beermonkey

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:22 PM

poor old santon he is stuck in the middle of his bird and a non disclosure agreement

I bet she is still raging and refusing to say anything on twatter to deny it

• Average_Contents

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Perhaps a better description would be GUFF GUZZLER. Yes, a much better ring to it.

• gaelforcebigi

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Is anybody else wondering what’s happened to rolando Aaron’s?

• beermonkey

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:25 PM

does any1 know who the 5 players are that could be going to rangers

• MacToon

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Her tweets are so similar (nearly word for word) to some of Carroll’s texts the day he was shipped off outta the Toon.

• p

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:27 PM

I don’t understand though…

I thought Newcastle was a terrible club that every player in their right mind would want to leave, especially to a giant like Inter.

Now I hear that the club must have forced him out because his love of the club was so great.

I am confused.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:27 PM

I see we didn’t get Dele Alli then, Spurs did. I’m sure we tried to get him over the line though. 🙄

• optimistic prime

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Beer

Rangers are close to bringing in Haris Vukcic, Kevin Mbabu, Gael Bigirimana, Remie Streete and Shane Ferguson from Newcastle on loan.

• Fostino

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Vickic. ..streetle. ..bigi . ..mbuabu. ..fergusion

• Average_Contents

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:29 PM

GUFF GUZZLER

Please explain the inner workings of a wags mind. Please explain how letting a defender leave on loan when we are already short in that department as testified by only having one defender on the bench on Saturday who by coincidence was Santon, is good for the club. Or better still why not just flounce back into the ocean from whence you emerged.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:29 PM

The 5 are thought to be Mbabu, Streete, Bigi, Ferguson and Vuckic beermonkey mate.

• WWSBRD

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:29 PM

All the best santon u were always alright but not sure u truly suited the league for ur position but always raised a bit of entertainment

As per usual not looking to replace him though, astounded Sissoko is still here though

• beermonkey

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:29 PM

G2

Dele Alli only moved to spurs so he could still live at home with mum and dad
    at 18 who wants to do there own cooking and washing

• Tsunki

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:30 PM

I can say categorically I have never ever had loan intentions with that Pl club. Or any Pl club.

• firebug666

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Think Santon might be injured again when his lass gets hold of him.

• Tsunki

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Wwsbrd – still half an hour for the chopper to crank up 🙂

• jimmysmith

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Forced out of Newcastle to Milan. That’s a pretty outlandish claim though. Really. Forced. To Milan. Under duress. To play at the San Siro. Under Mancini. OK.

• beermonkey

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM

prime/fustino

cheers

sure a couple of them could have gone to a better league/club

• Belfast

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Sisokko is probably at home crying like a baby phoning his own phone from his missus’s phone to make sure it’s working

• MacToon

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:32 PM

So ‘Gers are to be renamed Newcastle development squad. Wondered where that reported £25 mil was going to get spent to improve our academy’s facilities.

• BoyDoneGood

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:32 PM

What was the pressure to sign a non-disclosure agreement? I don’t get it. But I quite believe he told different versions to his employer and his partner. Often done it myself: “Don’t want to go, but I have to. Work.”

• WWSBRD

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Tsunki
    Haha true mate true and I would not be shocked if we somehow sell him tomorrow

• GeordieTwo

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:33 PM

But beermonkey JC was perfectly willing to do Alli’s cooking and cleaning. It would have fit perfectly in his schedule between kissing Ashley’s arse and telling the journo’s that he really wants the permanent head coach job.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:34 PM

“Hey, don’t write yourself off yet
    It’s only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
    Just try your best, try everything you can.
    And don’t you worry what they tell themselves when you’re away.

It just takes some time, little boy you’re in the middle of the ride.
    Everything will be just fine, everything will be alright!”

GT…here are some lyrics for you (or should I say for Santon-boy)

• RandR

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:34 PM

The club won’t turn a hair at what Mrs Santon had to say. The business got done, and he was the obvious offload this window.
    They didn’t turn a hair at Cisse and Sissoko pleading to be bought either.
    Raylor. Jonas and Alnwick, gone in the summer, and all those Rangers loanees.
    A year on, and another dozen will be in their last six months.
    Is this natural wastage? Or something genuinely odd?

• Belfast

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:35 PM

None of those players would have played though Mactoon. So it makes sense.