Sissoko Wants To Play In Major Competitions With Newcastle

Moussa Sissoko has been talking to beIN Sports and he seems to have changed his tune just a little bit, and is now saying he wants to play in major competitions, but with his current club Newcastle United.

moussa sissoko sent off at west ham

Moussa Sissoko – happy at Newcastle

Moussa had a very quiet game for us in the great 3-0 win at Hull City on Saturday, when Hull’s misplaced passes saw Newcastle pounce on the mistakes, and score three goals from those three Hull errors.

All three goals were expertly taken with Remy Cabella getting his first goal for the club, Sammy Ameobi scoring a wonder goals from 30 yards out, and Gouffran getting his second goal in two games.

Yoan’s goal came after failing to score for 40 games, before he scored a lucky goal against Southampton just over two weeks ago, and the Frenchman now has a second goal this season.

Sissoko has made it clear earlier this month that he supported Arsenal as a youngster, and he has described them as his dream club,  and just for good measure he has also praised PSG – saying an offer from them would be hard to turn down.

So after ensuring he has communicated to both those top clubs that he is interested in a move, he has now talked about how happy he is at Newcastle,

This is what he has told beIN Sports:

“Arsenal made me dream when I was a youngster. Patrick Vieira was my idol. I saw myself in him,”  “You will have to ask my agent if PSG are interested in me, but for now I’m a Newcastle player.”

I  am happy at the club and I want to play in major competitions and I want to do it with this team.”

It seems that the 25 year-old has been taking lessons in diplomacy, so there’s a statement that would suggest he even wants to stay at Newcastle, and help us win some major competitions.

Moussa is talking about Europe when he mentions major competitions, so at least he and the club agree on that.

The FA Cup and League Cup are competitions that Newcastle seem to want to get out of  each season, rather  than try to win, if the team selection is anything to go by.

If a big enough offer comes if for Moussa Sissoko in the summer he will leave Newcastle, we all know that will be the case with owner Mike Ashley.

The good news is that the transfer fee on his head is reported to be as much as £25M, so few clubs would be interested in the Frenchman at that price.

And by the time he is worth that amount of money, Newcastle should be back in the Champions League again.

Not!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• hibbit

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:39 AM

ed it only takes one

• Slank

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:47 AM

With regards to an understudy for Janmaat it is essential to have one but buying one can only be the answer if the current understudy (not ersatz Anita, Saylor or Raylor) in the reserves is not up to the job.

Isn’t Mbabu the Under 21 right back ?
    Hasn’t Satka played in the first team at right back ?

• Reyantoon

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:53 AM

It seems most people in here are not happy on the Hull win.why?
    I personally are over the moon still,and had great weekend..
    Jail
    how was the game at hull?
    I saw you on TV while you were in KC stadium but u were moaning lol..

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:54 AM

I think a lot less than that will be taken when they realise nobody will pay it.

• naptoon

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Can’t believe sky have got some poor sod at longbenton ha going to be an easy day for him shame it’s bitter cold

• lesh

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:05 AM

I think Sissoko can rest assured that there’s at least 50000 fans would be delighted to see the lads play in major competitions.

But it all hinges on Ashley’s ambitions for the Club and we all know he’s off in the summer.

• lesh

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:06 AM

* know he’s (Sissoko) off in the summer.

• giimps

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:17 AM

The transfer fee of £25 mil will never see the light of day, exactly the same as the majority of the tv monies over the last and next season.
    By the time the slug has sold the club at the end of the 2015/16 season ,he will have recouped all the money he has paid ,doubled the value of his SD shares and made a million Geordies miserable, job done.

• Sav

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Its not just the price of Sissoko or that we have cover for Santon. The message outside our club is that Newcastle sells anyone and isn’t a club interested in winning. There’s a wet blanket on ambition at SJP. That is why Dele Ali is going to Spurs today.

• NYMAG

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Translation “I’ve spoken to my agent and no big teams are going to bid for me so I’m going to make nice so the Geordies stay off my back until I can engineer my move over the summer”