Newcastle Striker Shocks School Students

21-year-old Spanish striker Ayoze Perez has been a standout for Newcastle so far this season, and in 25 first team appearances the youngster has scored five good goals for us, and Ayoze has recently visited Newcastle’s Stocksfield Avenue Primary School up the West Road, to share his tips on keeping fit.

ayoze perez stocksfiled avenue primary school

Ayoze Perez at Stocksfield Avenue Primary School – yes!

The Newcastle United Foundation do a great job in the community, and we try to cover what they are doing as much as we can.

This was one of Newcastle United Foundation’s Match Fit program sessions and the 21 year-old U21 International visited the classrooms and surprised the school children, and he even joined in some of the PE sessions, with the feedback that he looked pretty fit.

The Match Fit Program is run in partnership with Northumbria University, and it is a six-week fitness, football and a nutrition course and concentrates on children between the ages of 7 and 11, and instilling good eating habits for them.

Andy Dobby is the match fit coordinator at the Newcastle United Foundation’s Match Fit program, and had this to say:

“It was great to have Ayoze join us in a Match Fit session. He interacted with the children really well and as you would expect, he showed off some great skills.”

“Footballers are big role models and are incredibly influential so his advice will be invaluable in helping the children to learn good habits and to make healthy choices as they get older.”

Match Fit has already reached more than 10,000 participants after being launched back in 2008, and figures show that 71% of the participants have improved their knowledge and 67% their physical fitness due to the program.

Here is where you can find information about the Newcastle United Foundation and as we said, they do some great work in the local community on behalf of the club.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• cyprus

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Slow down Ed, please. Or I’m gone 🙂

First off,
    No offense from any comments. And I definitely may be wrong, though I must base my opinion on what I see and read, not what the fans say. I say it as I see it and I can’t be sure as I too don’t have the evidence.
    For instance, Fire, even ‘educating the fans’ (to be average) AP, often said he’d give it a go re cups and EL. In fact, although I think HE was decidedly average, he did do ok on some occasions (see EL and beating City).

For example, re City, when we shockingly won we said oh the players hadn’t been told that we were meant to throw the game. Isn’t that stretching it a bit?

On the business model: I may have given too pure an impression with my ‘balanced books’ post: would I be displeased if a crazy emir came in and threw petrodollars into the team, bought 30 mil.players, named the stadium Qatar Airlines, and rocketed my team to top status like City?

Tough one… not 🙂

5cyprus // Feb 5, 2015 at 8:25 AM

On plants,
    I’ve posted before that if they had younger marketers they’d know that it’s necessary. Thing is, I never spotted anyone who seems to really be in the know. Unless he’s so good he’s pretending he’s a dumbass!

I would’ve loved it if there were such a person, because then I’d be able to tease out real information right from the source. Instead of basing most stuff on hearsay.

Pro-Ashleys are probably just that. Not spies.

• Average_Contents

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:32 AM

Good job ayoze. This kid having turned away Madrid and Barca seems like he really wants to succeed here. Obviously once he realises our appalling lack of ambition after having the wool pulled over his eyes, will be doing one.

The article below is our revised squad of 25….I mean 23, sorry I meant 21 as staylors out for the season and chucky doesn’t seem to exist. Excellent. Let’s get moving up the league with probably the smallest squad in it. It’s ok though because the club saved money. Again excellent.

• firebug666

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:34 AM

cyprus

Right now I would take anyone over what we have at this club, All I really want is to see the team playing good football, and competing on the pitch regardless of what the competition is.

A little bit of ambition mixed in with a prudent bank balance is not a lot to ask for, and is achievable even under this regime.

The simple fact of the matter is Ashley only wants the money.

• firebug666

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:41 AM

cyprus

On club interaction (would not call them spies their egos are big enough) I would expect we have maybe one or two on here to keep the fans divided.

A united fan base would be a serious threat to Ashley, so it’s in his best interest to keep the fans bickering amongst themselves. Pro Ashley, Anti Ashley is just perfect for Ashley.

There are no winners or losers on the blog as the arguments never get won or lost they just continue, so there is only one winner and we all know who that is….Don’t we?

• toonbrother

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:43 AM

One of my favourite NUFC players
    Top class kid

• Average_Contents

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Firebug

I’m going to hazard a guess, a wild stab in the dark after succumbing to a flash bang grenade – the slug?

What do I win? Please say SD vouchers….

• firebug666

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Average

Well now, S Taylor, out for the season as we all know but they name him in the squad. Chuck nowhere near the first team but named in the squad.

This is yet again the club showing themselves to be a laughing stock.

We never brought in any players cos look at our squad sheet it’s almost full.

Pathetic idiots!

• Average_Contents

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Forgot to say….oh oh me me I know pick meeeee. Did I still win?

• firebug666

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Average

@6

PMSL: Yeah SD voucher, you get 10% off if you spend £300.00 or more.

• firebug666

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Newcastle United loanee Remie Streete would consider a permanent move to Rangers

• martoon

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:01 AM

BoyDoneGood from last topic – there is a gaping hole in your analogy. If you lived off baked beans to save for a house you would severely shorten your lifespan through poor diet and therefore defeat the object of buying a house. Likewise if NUFC don’t spend some of their profits they are risking relegation and benowhere near the CL!

• Average_Contents

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM

10%? That’s it? Even after spending £300? Is it you who is Mike Ashley? Stingey barsteward 😉

I see the real regime cohort has been on explaining how we cannot afford the tevez’s hazard’s silva’s and such of this world….

WHAT THE ACTUAL FCUK is he on about? Lmfco.

Who the fcukety fcuk said we should be signing the likes of them? Clearly trying to Justify his stance by making stuff up, unless of course he supplies evidence to the contrary. Highly unlikely I’m guessing. Jesus wept. How exasperating.

• firebug666

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Average

Those that operate in the extremes £30 – £40 million players etc. are those that have buried their heads in the sand, and are waiting for the nasty man to go away. If they are not in this category you have to assume they are on the payroll and are bitter about their zero hour contract.

Seriously though, fans have never asked for world class players, just a squad that can compete on a level with the rest of the clubs in this league. A good set of players with enough cover, and a decent manager (sorry Head Coach) who show a little bit of ambition. That is not a lot to ask for as a life long fan.

£30 million players…..Deluded!

• hibbit

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM

AC another poster raising the bar that high to try to justifiy there post this club spend 30m on a player ha ha ha

• Diggedydaws

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:40 PM

AC, Firebug and Toonbrother, you post on here with so much vitriol and passion for your club and that is fine, it’s what a fans forumis all about.

But I have to comment and say you have gone way past the tipping point.

Yes, there are circumstances and events which have left probably every current Toon fan feeling thoroughly disillusioned with the club over the last 4-5 years and because of the dramatic drops in form the team has shown periodically throughout that term we have reason to of become frustrated and distraught at that.

BUT just try to put things in to a perspective, I had my epiphany last week when at work I watched the 1st half of the mackems game.

Having watched the Toon play poorly against Hull I watched the scum toil, unable to string 2 passes together, horrible to watch, unbearable really.

Although we do occasionally revert to hoofball ( Williamson!) we try to play progressive football, our movement ( especially on the counter ) is good and when we are firing on all cylinders and confident we are a GOOD side, to watch and in effect.

We are in the Premier league, we are in great shape and are likely in the long term to outlast imo City, Spurs, Southampton, et al, our progression curve is just shallower than theirs, a good or better coach and we will climb rapidlyI think..

HOWAY lads, keep the faith man!