Good News – Two More Players Back For Newcastle

There was some good news about some of our injured players that John Carver delivered at his news conference today, as he said that Paul Dummett is fit after his hamstring injury, and Ryan Taylor is back fit again.

ryan taylor

Ryan Taylor – back fit again – good news

Gabriel Obertan returned last week but unfortunately it is still too early for Siem de Jong and he will not be involved on Sunday against Stoke City. John Carver and his coaches have again had a full week’s training for the game on Sunday – so we should be well prepared.

This is some of what John has said today:

“We’ve had some work on the training ground this week and now want to go back to St James’s Park and make this place a fortress.”

“It’s a huge game. We’re two points behind Stoke so if we win we will go above them, and that’s our aim.”

“We are not relaxing. I want to get as high as I can up this division. We are here to win football matches.”

Striker Papiss Cisse is also fit and now has a good week’s training under his belt and maybe he can start at Sooke so we have more threat up front.

19 year-old Rolando Aarons is also still not fit and Rolando has been injured for most of the season after he was so impressive in pre-season.

Rolando was brought back for the Capital One Cup tie at Manchester City and it seems we are still suffering form that mistake and you tend to always pay the price when you play somebody who is not fully fit.

Rolando has only appeared five times this season with two goals this season.

And news today that Stoke’s captain Ryan Shawcross will miss the game on Sunday with a back injury.

This is Newcastle’s provisional squad – it’s quite a strong one – for the game on Sunday so Rob Elliot is still out injured.

Krul, Alnwick, Janmaat, Dummett, Williamson, Coloccini, Haidara, Satka, Anita, Abeid, Taylor (R), Sissoko, Cabella, Colback, Gouffran, Ameobi, Obertan, Cisse, Riviere Perez.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• JDdubai

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Interesting to see who JC goes for in defence now, pardew would have Dummett LB with Willo and Colo CB, would love to see Willo-Dummett Cbs with Haidara LB.

No chance of Colo not playing though i know, think Dummett needs to be on the bench as Willo will be needed for the aerial battle.

• Hogfair Lane

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:06 PM

From previous thread

firebug @117

Thanks for the warmest.

I agree that he was compliant with his bosses, as most of us probably are. Yes we don’t all have a job in such a well lit office, nor do we have such a wealth of micro-scrutineers with our heads firmly between their crosshairs.

But he definitely did sell his integrity off at a very early stage and for pittance if we’re honest. Maybe we’ll never know what MA had hanging over him but there are rumours.

It doesn’t matter all that much anyway, we are rid, I was as delighted as anyone else when palace came calling, and I must admit that I hope his good form comes to a shuddering halt just like it did with us for these past few years, many many times. And it defo will btw.

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Hogfair Lane

There has been a few hints dropped on the blog that Steve McClaren will be the next Head Coach. I have to say that although not filled with total dread at this prospect, I am not filled with any confidence either.

He has done well with some clubs, and is looking good for Derby, but I just don’t feel he is the man to take us forward.

I would like to see a younger coach in place with some new ideas for the team, but what are your thoughts on McClaren?

• awaydays

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:12 PM

From an earlier post
    Ibiza
    I know mate haha
    Jeff
    No mate why you asking … Im actually a barman at the brittania but when im not working im hitting the away games

• JDdubai

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Remi Garde would still be my choice for Coach, anyone will be a step up from Pardew though, and at least the likes of Curbishley and Sherwood arent in the running.

McLaren im not hugely enthusiastic about but he can coach and like i said, anyone is a step up from what we have had.

• Hogfair Lane

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:15 PM

firebug

Well I think Mclaren really screwed up with England, infact we know that. I think he is probably a reasonable coach, he did this for a long while before becoming number 1, he’s better at not buying players, so that probably works very well!

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:15 PM

BBS gonna get the bairn.

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Hoggy

I hope you don’t mind Hoggy.
    It’s better than Laney,
    Or Fairy.
    Can I ask a question? Two questions?

Forget the personalities. It’s not about cheap personality shots.
    Do you think the club is fundamentally well-administered?.
    And what should Ashley be saying fans who say he has no ambition?

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Can I tag in then?

Hogfair…What did you think of the transfer window? Should I answer first?

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Awaydays
    What do the Stoke fans think of a geordie barman at their lovely stadium ?

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:18 PM

BandB…I think that was four quesitons.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:19 PM

awaydays…Fingers crossed!

Must be hell working around all those red and white shirts.

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:20 PM

Are you my accountant?

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:21 PM

I wish! I may be able to find a way out of that 10p!

• awaydays

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:23 PM

jeff
    Theyre alright mate really but i dread losing as im working wednesday when they play city

• awaydays

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Ibiza
    Tell me about drives me mad mate and its worse cos they all think the sun shines out of bojans **** but if we thump them then i dont think ill be popular on wednesday haha

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Ibiza,

Just one question must I ask…no two.Three! Just three questions must I asked.
    I bet he wasn’t expecting the Spanish Inquisition!
    I’m preparing the comfy chair……..

• Hogfair Lane

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:28 PM

BandB

Hoggy works, why is Fairy on your list?

The club isn’t particularly well administered at this point. As I said earlier it’s the communication which is so damaging, they spend more effort spamming social media with discounted away shirts which expire in around 3 months (actually they already are pretty useless given our current league position) than they do trying to keep us informed about important things.

MA started out well, the initial firing of Big Sam despite drawing criticism at the time, was imo the correct call, and the sitting with the fans and downing pints? Well we can look back and be cynical or dismissive about it, but there was a real intent to be a man of the people back then. But things changed and the decision to bring in Wise became a very early break-down in relations from them to us.

Mistakes were made and never corrected or even explained.

But he did inherit an extra £110million of debt beyond the due dilligence findings, once the purchase had been completed. This is actually not as crazy as it sounds at a high level transaction scenario, but nevertheless I think Ashley immediately curtailed his possible plan for us and it became all about recouping.

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:29 PM

awaydays
    The reason I asked about Bet 365 is a German friend of mine works there
    He loves the money ..he used to work in Gibraltar at the casino but I mean Stoke ….but ya knaa Stoke ffs
    It’s Stoke jeez

• Shaker Shakrah

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:30 PM

# JDdubai

hahaha Dummett has a better rate of winning the aerial duels than Williamson this season xD 😛

Watch the stats .

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:30 PM

awaydays…Does the sun not shine out of his backside?

I shall take that up with my mates next time I see them! 🙂

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Hogfair,

Are you saying he just wants to get his money back?
    And once it’s recouped?
    Sale or cash-cow?

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:33 PM

BandB…My apologies, was that a question?

• toonking

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:33 PM

hogfair

hello and welcome to the blog of negativity, are you mad?

This blog right now is nothing but negativity.

who the hell is going to come and work for such a greedy man?

why the hell do we consistantly sell with out replacements?

Will we ever get the CB?

as you’ve joined here are the main leaders.

jail for ashley- the most well known of anti ashley.

bill son- the most well known of the pro ashley’s, it was toondarnsurf but he’s walked away.

ketsbia- the blog scout, most imaginitive of all bloggers, in his world we will spend millions of £ on just one player!

catch in norway- the most anti pardew type person in the world.

toonbrother- the most anti colo around, all you get is colo caused this, colo caused that.

manxpie- the most pro pardew their is.

The rest of us, it’sd you own choice on how to describe us, these people are the basic leaders of the groups.

• Hogfair Lane

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Ibiza

I think the transfer window was a meh. Santon leaving? Not that bothered about it tbh. The kids crossing the border? Not that bothered either, don’t feel that Vuckic should still be at the club, but the other lads should benefit from getting kicked to pieces in a mud bath, they’ll toughen up and that is massively important in the prem.

As for the incomings? Ha! We knew there wasn’t going to be any movement there before the window, so no point crying about it now. We did need a good couple of players but I’d rather we worked on summer signings now and spoke to almost-out-of-contract players. I don’t think there is/was the quality available to get us up the league and into europe anyway, so AS LONG as they are prepping correctly for the summer, then I don’t mind all that much.

It was a quiet window for everyone.

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:36 PM

toonking,

But is it alright if he just keeps talking to me till one of your big hitters shows up?

• croftus5678

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:37 PM

i’d go with

———–krul————-
    jan—willo-dum—hair
    ——colb—–abied—–
    ———-siss—————
    ———cabella———–
    ——-perez–cisse——-

jan and hairdryer will obv come forward for crosses while colb/abied cover and give cab’s a free role to come onto either wing and run riot.

• DokToon

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:38 PM

question is, do we feel confident about a win on Sunday? my son has a soccer tournament this weekend, and have told the coach that toon play at 8am here, but I should make it 🙂

id like to go to his games in a good mood, and wear my shirt…

• Hogfair Lane

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:41 PM

BandB

I think initially he wanted the extra cash he had to spend back, but he also wanted to own a football club and to have some fun. It’s gone too far now, his mistakes led to our resentment, which led to him thinking “oh well, if they’ll shout fat cockney b@stard then I’ll make this miserable for them” now it seems like he is only in it for the money, but he would’ve made a lot more had he spent these last 7 years growing his retail empire. Initially he wanted a successful team, but it all turned nasty and now he doesn’t give a fk.

• toonking

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:41 PM

BandB

the blog manager says you can lol

i’ve done it as a warning more than anything, basically these 6 are the most difficult to handle if your opinions are different.

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Hogfair,

Are you saying then that this is taking up more time and effort than its worth, and that his energies would be more profitably employed elsewhere, where he doesn’t have to worry about football fans and their demands?
    When do you think the recouping you mentioned will be complete to his satisfaction and would you then imagine a sale?

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Hogfair…You seem sensible and balanced, therefore, I wish you luck on here!

I agree in that the window was pretty much as expected, without anything too disasterous by NUFC standards.

I don’t want to presume anything on your part, is it fair to say that you’re not overly impressed by the situation at NUFC, but not to the point where it overly impacts on you or your viewing of the club?

Being completely honest, as I don’t live in the area (or even in the country), I wonder if I didn’t come on this blog, would I feel any differently?

My feeling is not, but possibly the level of care would be less. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.

Here’s one for you then, are you a Newcastle local? That one always sets pulses racing for some reason.

• toonking

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:48 PM

hog 29

I doubt he even planned to show respect in the first place, sports direct has been owned by him for decades, he was already treating those staff awfully before he even bought us, why would he change his attitude when first arriving here, when he knows already that their is lots of free cash from just suvival?

the appointment he made to kevin keegan was more than likely a one done, hoping he could hide away from the damage.

he knew that once kevin keegan was sacked it was now his turn, he tried to use chris hughton but that didn’t work, so now he turned on alan pardew and that had worked for a few years. now Pardew has left, i’s back to square 1, find that manager who will take all the abuse.

• Hogfair Lane

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Toonking

Thanks for the in-depth. I’ve been reading for a while now so can already relate to what you’ve surmised on a few of the bloggers. I’ll refrain from taking sides or having a swipe at someone until I’ve at least engaged them on here… having said that?… Toonbrother, well we all know his obsession with Colo is a tad unhealthy, but I’m sure he’s a nice guy???

• toonking

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:58 PM

croftus5678

I like that team however, I don’t think we can afford a CB pairing without colo, willo is just too sh1t and dummett hasn’t had enough time as CB to be relied upon as partner of a championship CB.

my tem
    jam__colo_willo_hair/dum
    ______colback
    ___sissoko_____abied
    ________cabbella
    ________cisse____perez

• JDdubai

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Croftus

Exact team i would go with.

Full backs keeping the width in attack, Perez and Cabella in and around Cisse.

• Mister Tuff

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Hogman – beware of Greeks bearing gifts Some of this lot will rip you to shreds if they’ve supped to many cans of ale/cider or they’ve had a bad day/had a dodgy haircut/too much milk in their tea.

• MacToon

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Objection, your Honor, the question is leading.

1 2 3 6