Emerging Star Guided By Newcastle Legend(s) – Video

Remy Cabella seems to be the man of the moment at Newcastle United, and he was our Man of the Match on Saturday at Hull City, where he put in a very good performance at the KC Stadium and we had our biggest win of the season, 3-0.

remy cabella and his great goal huull

Remy Cabella scoring on Saturday

Maybe we can improve on that on Sunday when Stoke City are the visitors?

If John Carver has any chance of getting the head coach job at Newcastle in the summer, he will have to start putting a bunch of wins together.

In our next two games at home on Sunday and at Selhurst Park on Wednesday night, the aim has to be to pick up all six points available.

John seems to have done a good job already in starting to get the best out of Cabella, and he explained how Remy has been performing in training, following his great breakthrough goal for the side on Saturday at Hull:

“That’s what he does on the training ground.” “We were really concerned about his end product.” “But he is now starting to produce.”

If he keeps those performances going he’s got a bright future at this football club.” “If he can our fans will love him.”

That’s a big if for Remy, but if he can keep producing his good form he will also soon be back in the French squad since it will not have gone unnoticed with Didier Deschamps that Cabella was the ESPN Player of the Month in January, and he will have seen Remy’s great goal at Hull last Saturday.

Remy had revealed recently that he is being inspired by watching old videos of the great Peter Beardsley, and what he was able to achieve in a black and white shirt.

This is what Remy had said about the Newcastle legend:

“I have watched YouTube a lot to watch Peter Beardsley over again.” “When I arrived at Newcastle every player here told me to check what he did on YouTube.”

“Peter is a top-class player.” “I looked and ‘Woh!’ He was brilliant.” “More than that he is a great human being and a very nice guy.”

“I like him and I hope to learn more from him.”

While Cabella’s  looking at some YouTube videos, maybe he can also check out what another Newcastle legend – Alan Shearer – was able to achieve at Newcastle, and it’s more recent than when Peter was a star player at the club.

That should give Remy Cabella even more inspiration to play well and score goals for Newcastle, and it would be very fitting if the Frenchman can get his very first goal at St. James’ Park on Sunday against Stoke.

We really need another win to lift the spirits of Newcastle fans everywhere, and Cabella can help us do exactly that.

Here’s an attempt to raise your spirits – six of Alan’s best goals for Newcastle, and he talks about each one of them.

What a player!

Where’s my boots? 😀

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Shouldn’t that have been “If he keeps those performances going he’s going to make this club a lot of money sometime soon”?

Sorry, naughty Ibiza, have some faith. We don’t sell because we want too, it’s because the players want to leave.

• hibbit

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:30 AM

firebug colo eats out with charnley have seen them in loch fyne in gosforth a few times

• Average_Contents

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:33 AM

JD

You say 4 CB’s and I’m assuming your including dummett in that but then go on to say we had enough cover for Santon to leave with hairdryer and dummett at LB.

Unless I’m mistaken I’m pretty sure dummett cannot split himself in two 😉 add to this that pumper is out for the season….again, willo is substandard and clearly not a premiership CB not for want of trying mind.

It’s all well and good saying we have infact 3 (not 4, the distinction being dummett is not senior and isn’t classed as a cb yet) senior CB’s but what happens if hairdryer gets injured? Dummett at LB? In that case we are down to two ageing CB’s. On top of this dummett is currently injured and the youth back-up you mentioned have disappeared up north so no it probably wasn’t the best idea to let more defenders leave.

• geordie157

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:35 AM

He’s starting to adapt, people easily forget that it took Pires a season to adapt.

The goal should give him more confidence, he scored some great goals for Montpellier, in a weaker league with more time on the ball but i think he’s got enough quality to get into double figures each season.

of our summer signings the only one that worries me is Riviere. Janmaat, Colback, Cabella and De Jong were good signings, and Perez was pretty much an unknown to most of us but has shone in his first season.

All sides will get the odd signing, so one dud out of six isn’t bad going! In the right system Riviere may still come good too.

• Average_Contents

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Carl or whatever your called today.

If I had simply said “no that’s wrong jimmy” without putting my reasoning across as to why I think that then it’s not much of a point, funnily enough alot like yourself. Pointless. It’s a debate. That’s what happens. You may like to just say yes or no without providing an explanation. Much like a child.

Your a known WUM in the same vein as Jeffrey and a few others so your vomit is not valid thus rendering you ppointless in every aspect.

That’s 5 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. Replying to a WUM, what am I thinking.

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Average_Contents

It took you five minutes to type that? 😀

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Is it my breath? Feeling well popular today!

A/C, JDDubai, Jeff?!?

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:46 AM

firebug…Much like his contents, his typing is average too 😉

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Ibizatoon
    Soz
    I’m getting ready to go out
    In short ,as with most acrimonious disputes , no one party is 100% right and the other 100% wrong
    Some posters however have KK on an untouchable pedestal ….he can do no wrong
    Having met him and interacted with him on at least 2 occasions I can state that he is no angel …I’ll say no more

• JDdubai

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:47 AM

AC

I think wi the people on our books, and Lascelles to come in in the summer we will have enough bodies that bringing in another in January wouldnt have been a good decision.

In the summer we will have Colo, Willo, Saylor, Lascelles, Dummett as possible CBs with Janmaat and Haidara as FB.

Yes we need cover for Fb obviously but if we are going to be self-sufficient then it will be a younger player with potential as backup rather than an established player, i doubt the right backup was available in January so no issue to wait for the right players in the summer.

The Santon deal is the same as MYM, think if he plays 10 games or something then Newcastle get the fee. Think if the call is made for Haidara to be first choice then moving Santon on made sense considering Santon’s wage is more than Dummett and Haidara’s combined.

We’ll not have 2 experienced players for every position like the top teams have, it will always be 1 experienced player with a younger guy as back up. Rightly or wrongly as we have nothing to play for this season we can take the risk of moving santon on and saving money, as long as the summer sees the right moves.

This system can work for us if the kids are up to it, hopefully with the current crop and a successful summer then we can give it a go moving forward.

Im not an Ashley lover, they know the mistakes that they have made and regret them. Im just willing to wait and see how things play out in the summer as i can see a little clearer the long term plan than i could before. Whether it will work only time will tell.

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Ibiza

Just replying so you don’t feel left out mate.

• geordie157

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:50 AM

took me a few seconds then to work out what WUM stood for!

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:54 AM

geordie157

So what did you work out then?

Ibiza @1

Yes that will be what it means, when you see Ashley at a match smiling and pointing at a player you know he saying “he’s gonna make me a mint”.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Firebug…Cheers 🙂

Jeff….I’ve never met the guy, so fair enough. Still, the main head scratcher for me, is why you skip over the bit that involves Ashley and simply focus on the fact that Keegan is no angel. What does that have to do with anything really.

Clearly Ashley is no angel either.

We’re all entitled to our views and opinions, that’s all good, but you appear so far over on Ashleys side that what you say loses validity, with me at least.

Keegan is long gone now, but we still have Ashley, that’s why we discuss his merit or lack thereof.

I’ll go back to the original point, given how they’re proven liars, why do people trust them and expect things to change?

I honestly get the view of those who think they can’t do anything and that we simply have to ride it out and one day he’ll go. I don’t agree with the stance, but it’s understandable.

• JDdubai

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Sorry Ibiza, im not quoting anything but if you read my recent posts they summarise what i got from talking to him.

Im not 100% convinced and am wary from the bullcrap we have been fed before but am willing to give them the chance in the summer to see if it pans out like it could.

Think Shteve may get them playing better than Parsnip did, if he comes. With a new CF in and ideally a CB to replace Colo(50-50 on that) i think we can challenge next eyar.

With Paranip as manager and all our injuries we still showed we could beat the top teams this year. With Cabella and the kids 1 year stronger, if they stay fit then no reason why we cant push for europa and a cup run.

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:59 AM

JD

You are clearly very optimistic then.
    So, why don’t you do what Ibiza asks and tell us what it was Carr told you that confirmed your predisposition to believe it’s all in safe hands?

• geordie157

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:01 AM

well hopefully it stood for wind up merchant! of which there are quite a few on here.

i’m going with a 2-1 win on Sunday.

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM

JD

It’s just that by some coincidence the people who just happen to have uplifting surprise encounters with club insiders are never the sceptics.

• Average_Contents

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Ibiza from previous thread

Strange isn’t it. All this exuberance, especially after nearly 8 years of mismanagement.

What I find even more perplexing is that some go as far as to elevate our illustrious leader upon a pedestal which once reality bites is bound to come come crashing back down to earth.

Maybe once this happens and they find themselves wailing underneath his sheer bulk will reality finally strike. The indignation of it all will be to much for some I’d imagine.

Some will say but I caught him. No. He caught you for 8 years, hook line and sinker.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:03 AM

JD…I will have another look, however, I have tried already as I found your initial post extremely intriguing, and didn’t really find too much other than you’re optimistic going forward as Pardew hadn’t managed to get the best out of the sqaud (basically).

That indicates something along the lines of a decent coach coming in the summer I guess?!?

Not sure where you get the idea of chasing EL though. The club have been fairly clear that is a scary competition for mugs. Unless of course they now feel with our youngsters that bit older and experienced, that we’ll cope on several fronts better.

Still, I’m not sure how our squad can help both us and Rangers achieve their goals 🙂

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:06 AM

So basically if a certain person is to be believed (that’s not aimed at you JD this is speculation) Steve McClaren is going to be the new Head Coach, (or is the prefered choice) and if he comes in he has been promised a striker and possibly a CB.

Coloccini may be leaving this summer (probably of to San Lorenzo) and some of the youth players will be moved into the first team.

Not sure if this could be good or bad.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:06 AM

A/C…I think a lot of it comes from this underlying respect for him being a sucessful business.

What seems to get lost on lots of people is that yes, he makes lots of money and his business thrive financially, but the products are poor and are aimed at the lower end market.

Average products at affordable prices. That is his mantra.

Anyway, that’s not important. The truth is, he’s great, I just want us to win the league and CL by Ashey spending his £3/4b…now!

• JDdubai

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:07 AM

It could all be crap, thats the beauty of the club right now 🙂

• geordie157

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Bet we won’t even consider Charlie Austin as a summer signing when QPR go down.

Who have people got to go down?

I’ve gone with QPR, Leicester and Hull, although i really want Villa to go down on the last day

• Average_Contents

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:13 AM

BandB

Isn’t it obvious? Shteve. Think an Englishman adopting a foreign accent when they speak English.

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:14 AM

geordie157

It echoes my thoughts too, would love Villa to drop, just for personal satisfaction after the way they went on when we dropped.

• JDdubai

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Whats the feeling from you guys on our squad? Do you think we have more players now that are good enough for the Pl than we have had previously?

The best first 11 we have had for me was the side that finished 5th but that team had little cover and we had a good year with injuries.

2 players is what we need i think, thats all. Lose Colo’s wages ideally, get a CB in and a CF(still tricky as the line to get them over seems to get bigger every year) with a new coach and lets see how it goes.

How Rangers will affect this i have no idea though, would still like to see a new owner come in but think we will be in our strongest position for a long time come the summer in terms of coach, size and quality of playing staff and finances.

It was always said to be a slow development of the team, little by little each season as we remain self sufficient. Maybe, just maybe, we are getting closer to the point where we are strong enough to give it a go.

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:18 AM

AC

I just wonder why someone like you never comes on the blog to say they’ve met Carr and been persuaded. But no, its always the sunny-side-up guys they bump into.

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:20 AM

BandB

That’s because if people the AC or even myself were to bump into these people you would more likely see sparks flying, than a sit down conversation, although it may start out talking. 😀

• Average_Contents

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Why is it always “let’s see in the summer” “let’s see in the next window”

It’s never going to happen. How many times doesn’t it have to happen before people realise it’s not going to?

Unless of course JD spills the beans. You haven’t really said anything in your posts regarding it JD so it’s a bit unfair to ask Ibiza to trawl back through the. On second thoughts….

Firebug

Obviously not 5 minutes per say but I’m including the time it took me to stop laughing at the irony of it.

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Average

PMSL

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:23 AM

JD…It all sounds lovely and almost plausible, issue for me is trust. I have none for the regime, not an ounce. That is of their making. You may well remember I used to have a lot of faith in the plan and preached patience to many on here.

Now I need to see it, as all I’ve seen is misdirection and rubbish fed to us at every turn.

I don’t see anything really changing tbh.

As for your question about the squad, it’s alright. Some promise, a few key places to take us to the next level. But we’ve been here before, in fact, that seems to have been said every season recently.

That’s how we’re set up…middle of the road. When things are going well we can over achieve (5th placed), when they don’t, we’ll slump (16th). All in all, we’re mid-table material. Could be worse, could be better.

Man this club has turned me in to a right miserable sod.

• firebug666

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:26 AM

JD

Regardless of how we view the squad now, it’s where will the squad be come the end of the summer window.

Will we still have Sissoko, Tiote, Perez, Coloccini (hope not) or various others. If any of them leave will they be replaced?

• Average_Contents

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:35 AM

BandB

Put simply I live in Liverpool so nowhere near the action but even if I did I’m not sure I move in the same circles as confidant Iantoon or bungle.

Firebug

You are mistaken. It wouldn’t involve an initial chat nor something as comfy sounding as a sit down. Instruments would be involved and not of the musical variety.

• JDdubai

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Ibiza

Agree mate, not 1% trust any more due to their actions and mistakes of the past, thats what it told him too. The club will only have a chance to stop being a “sleeping giant” if the owner and the fans are united, then we can be a real force.but until something changes from their side it will probably never happen.

Think he asked for the bill at this point!

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:38 AM

JD…Agreed. I still cannot get my head around the very simple idea that if they’re genuine and have nothing to hide, why all the secrecy?

They don’t act like people with nothing to hide.

Anyway, I guess we’ve beaten this to death sufficiently.

• Average_Contents

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Ibiza

“We’ve been here before” but never pushed on when the opportunitys arose.

That sums it up.

• JDdubai

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:42 AM

One thing i do feel better about tho is that if you offered me Decca and Pardew or Charnley and (possibly) Mclaren, i know which i would rather have.

• BandB

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Wasn’t the summer gone going to be the big rebuilding job? Pardew said so. The match-day options look smaller to me .
    Mind you, I’m simple-minded to just rely on arithmetic rather than complex templates I’ve invented by which if you look at it from this angle, in a certain light, you could argue, blah blah.
    Yet it appears next summer is also going to be the big rebuilding job. Will Raylor and Guti new deals? For a start.
    And maybe the summer after that will be the big rebuilding job, too by which time a nearly third of the squad will be out of contract. I and presume Rangers will need another tranche of loanees. Maybe better ones like Aarons.
    Whatever happens, a lot of players of going to have to step from this all-conquering academy set-up. Unless Mike is about to order a splurge. Oh yeah, that’ll be it.

• stan anderson

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM

I would not mind a relegation if it effed up the slimy slugs master plan.
    Just think he would possibly leave us after he has got his pound of flesh.
    We might win more games in 2nd tier league.
    Might even get Ant and Dek.to run the club.
    Better than what we are suffering now.