Carver Mistaken On “Pardew’s Fantastic Legacy”

In his press conference today John Carver paid compliment after compliment to Alan Pardew, although the Londoner’s record at Newcastle wasn’t all that good, and in 185 games he managed Newcastle, he won only 71 games which is a win rate of only 38.4%.

carver and pardew

John Carver and Alan Pardew at Newcastle

And in fact Alan lost 73 games, two games more than he won, in his four years at the club – so it’s difficult to call his record stellar at the Tyneside club.

And we wont even mention that he lost the last four games against Sunderland and that was the first time in Newcastle’s long history.

That’s some legacy alright.

But nobody has told John Carver that, and this is what our caretaker manager said about Pardew today and why he left the club:

“It was only because of the circumstances and the club that became available that he changed. He had wanted to stay here.”

“I thought some of the treatment he received was harsh. I don’t have a problem with people protesting – as long as it’s done the right way. If it affects the team, then that’s the only thing I object to.”

“But I know for a fact if I was sitting in the stand paying good money and I wasn’t very happy, then I’d be saying something.”

“Every manager is going to take some criticism. Alan was no different, but he was honorable and he stood up to it.”

“His legacy here is a fantastic one. We talk sometimes about the conditions you have to work under. We all know we don’t spend millions . We don’t spend what Chelsea and Manchester City do.”

“He had a side he inherited and he worked with them and got the best out of them and in the season we finished fifth was incredible.”

“There was the extra burden of European football the following year which caused a dip in our results.” “I’ve spoken to him a few times since he got the job, we exchange texts.”

“Obviously, there’s a game to be played on Wednesday night, so all that goes out of the window. We’ll compete against each other because he wants to win the game, and I certainly want to win it.”

As a comparison, Sir Bobby Robson’s record in 255 games he managed Newcastle is won 119 games and he had a win record of 46.7% and Bobby  lost only 72 games at Newcastle.

John Carver is going way over the top about Alan’s time at Newcastle, and if he was so great as the Newcastle manager, how come the vast majority of Newcastle fans were pleased to see him go?

And in fact a Sack Pardew campaign was put into  motion after a poor start to the season, which came after a terrible second half to last season.

He did have some great wins against top sides, there’s no doubt about that, but he also had terrible spells like the second half of last season when we lost six Premier League games in a row for the first time ever.

We don’t know why John is saying these things about Alan Pardew – but they are way off the mark – and it may be simply John’s opinion of Alan while manager of Newcastle.

But the facts are not on John’s s side.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• lesh

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:18 PM

It really is time that Carver got someone yo write or vet his statements before he makes them.

With the best will in the world, he’s not helping his case to be appointed Head Coach….. although the way Ashley goes about things, he will get the job!

• lesh

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Ah, tads….
    a repost from the previous thread….

toonarmydownsouth

Whooah tads, yarra a bit prickly eh?

Maybe I’ve mistaken you for the very clever poster that writes Carverisms?

If I have, accept my apologies.

• lesh

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Tads

Carver’s playing mind games with Pardew…. But which one between them really believes what he’s said.

Is Carver really hoping that Pardew’s gonna fall for that? Mmm, he probably will.

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Lesh
    Not meaning to sound prickly, just had no idea what you were talking about!

Sadly, given all his ability to continually hype Pards during and after his tenure I’m not so sure it is mind games

That on top of his talk of give old Al a big old cuddle Wednesday I think the real question is not which team will win but which hotel AP and JC will be spending Tuesday night in

• Bri

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Wonder if Carver gives Pardum a great big kiss before the match.

• BoyDoneGood

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Well, all clubs have good and bad runs under any manager. For example, if you check “Newcastle United Club Records” you’ll read that the longest unbeaten run of Perm games was 12, from 7th May to 29th October in 1994. I think you can all work out who the manager of that expensive superstar team was…
    I don’t know why that was never updated. The actual record is 14 games, from 7th May to 5th November in 2011, with the manager and the Ashley purchases so many here rate as “sh!te”. So, yes, there is a Pardew legacy.

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:39 PM

Oh dear JC there’s that trap I warned you about yesterday. So Pards inherited a team that got 5th. After that he proceeded to shape that inherited team into a mid to relegation team. And that’s Fantastic is it? Better get some professional advice,as to what to say to say to the press, John.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Noticed Carver has started saying “if I’m honest” in his comments to the press. Ahhhhhhh!

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Boy done good – hmm nice but didn’t Pardew also establish some not so nice records unequalled by previous managers?

• GeordieTwo

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:43 PM

JC and Percy are actually in a love triangle with Willo. 😯

• GeordieTwo

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Correct Tsunki but don’t tell anyone and possibly they might not notice. JC has time to set some negative records as well.

• Sav

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Pards could probably use a Head Coach to add to his staff at Palace if you’re that fond of him, JC.?
    Or maybe you are just keeping your options open for after the inevitable bullet from Chinless Charnley?
    Stille, there’s one thing Carver should have gathered from 185 games under the Silver Fox and that is you aren’t paid to be popular. If you want to dwell forever in the affection of the Geordie public, win matches.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:46 PM

One win in the last five home games. Fortress St. James? I think not. Unless it’s one of those bouncy castles that rich kids get at their birthday parties.

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:47 PM

H2 he certainly does. To one of my favourite bond tunes from my least favourite band movie.

‘we have all the time in the world….’

Ahh. Satchmo you gravel voiced grandad, sing us out….of the PL.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:47 PM

And stop mentioning Percy’s name as well JC. Good comment Sav.

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:47 PM

Least favourite Bond movie. I’m sick to death of autocorrect

• GeordieTwo

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:48 PM

Have I become H2 to you now Tsunki mate? All gassy and flammable? I’m very disappointed.

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:48 PM

G2 is now h2. Great

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:50 PM

H2. Oh.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:50 PM

We have all the time in the world
    Time enough for wins
    To unfold all the precious things
    Percy had in store.
    Sing it Satchmo.

• BennygivesmeTinglyBalls

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Yep Carver, good idea praising Pardew, that’s gonna get the fans behind you.. Moron. Stick to playing the right team than licking Pardew’s rear.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:52 PM

No you’re not getting away with puns like that on here Tsunki. Shame on you mate.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:54 PM

Poor Mike. He thought he had a lasting relationship with Percy. Now he’s betrayed again. No wonder he’s a bitter man who turns to Llambeezee for help. It’s all so very sad Mike. Buy a honey badger and shove it down your pants.

• Munster Mag

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:00 AM

Carver not coming across as a bright spark. Sadly i didnt care when stoke equalised. If carver does ok we are stuck with him. And i think he could be worse than pardew over a full season 🙁

• expatmag

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:16 AM

I am sick of this bloke now. He has no idea if he thinks AP was a great manager. There again, he was complicit to all Pardews failings which he seems to be continuing on.

I notice he spouts the 5th place achievement which happened 3 YEARS AGO.

Doesnt that in itself tell you something

• sickandtired

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:35 AM

And then me mate Alan is going to become President of America as well ya kna. He’s proper cushty, ah just luv ‘im, man.

• sickandtired

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:48 AM

@ BoyDoneGood – try 11 straight PL wins 92/93 season under KK.
    Yeah wins, in one season. Not unbeaten in all competitions over two seasons.
    Slight difference eh?

• dexter53

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Its embarrassing how much Carvew is up Pardews jacksy.

• toonking

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:06 AM

what the fcuk is carver doing, the fcuken fans couldn’t stand pardew one bit. i guess he fcuken knows that a job as manager going to be so easy to get, he can just say as much as he likes.

parver your a fcuken mackem

• gazzaforever

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:12 AM

Pardew ‘s fantastic legacy.

Ahahahahahahahahah

• toonking

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:12 AM

He’s a worse puppet that pardew was, the only thing we should be hoping for between now and end of this season is LOSSES!

if anybody disagrees well you might of not moaned about pardew being manager as parver is acting like him.

• Mister Tuff

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:23 AM

Some mistake bigging up King Percy -will reduce massively any leeway fans were going to afford him in the coming weeks. Next he’ll be dedicating a win (if we get one) to Mr Tubbs.

• Reyantoon

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:21 AM

AP is the best mgr we had after SBR.I don’t think our play improved much after his departure but LC & co should have convinced him to stay atleast till end of season.B/c atm,we luck a little bit of organization,composure and our spirit plus fight was down in the last two games evenif we won at hull,w/h JC luck how to exert those methods in his coaching abilities.God knows who we gonna end up with in the summer.I can’t believe we still linked with the likes of harry,Bruce,carver,McLaren, etc because these mgrs will never take the best out of our senior as well as younger players.
    That will be hugely embarrassing if we end up with those men and that’ll be the time where I deeply regret the departure of pard.Is tomorrow’s game will tell us we should regret about AP? I’m not sure but may be and may be it will hurt us somewhere in the upcoming games.But hope everything will go according to plan,that is- safe from relegation and end up with good continental head coach in the summer.In the mean time,I think palace have an advantage when we play them 2morow bcoz pard knows all about the players,JC and style of our play.I like to see the same first eleven that started at stoke.I will never recommend JC to be our next permanent mgr even if he win all of our remaining fixtures but don’t want to blame him for the 2pts lost at stoke b/c I think he done everything right in team selection and substitution. Like I always said the first goal is always important, if we do that,I think we can hammer them but don’t think that will happen.Ofcourse Pard want to show how good he is by beating us but personally a draw will be a good result considering palace were in good run of form lately. Hwtl!!

• Sliema

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:25 AM

I’m prepared to give Carver some time. I do hope he shuts the F up soon with this Sir Bobby and P45 crap.

He is a geordie. He clearly cares about the club and wants to do well. That is not in doubt for me. He means well.

He gets the rest of the season. Under P45 we wouldn’t have achieved anything this season anyway. But he’s had 2 games officially in charge, give the bloke a chance Yeh?

You know how the rest of the footballing world thinks we’re idiots? That we judge too fast and are never happy? Well that’s a load of bs when it comes to P45, we all know how dire the football was under him and we all know how inadequate he was.

But if we keep jumping all over the new guy, just cause we disagree with his past mistakes and his silly quotes, then the public is really going to have proof that we’re a bunch of idiots.

We give him a bit of time and we see what happens. We are all pre-empting his failure and that’s fair enough, but slaughtering the bloke before he’s had a moment to prove his worth, I don’t that is very productive at all.

• Thump

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:26 AM

Pardew’s legacy: a weakened squad, a historical slapping off Sunderland, a team that conceded more league goals than they scored in all competitions (230 – 198 of which being league goals – to 238, if you’re interested), and Emmanual Riviere.

A fantastic legacy indeed.

• Sliema

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:27 AM

Reyan

You’re wrong about Pardew. He was a shockingly bad coach and an even worse bloke. Get over it and understand that sometimes 2 steps back are required.

• Go toon gooooo

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:21 AM

Carver:”I want to play Alan Pardew’s football and that’s it.I hope there is no complaint about that.I have no capacity for something else.Because of that, result with Stoke City is not that bad”.

• Blofal

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:19 AM

Carver is better than Pardew. At least we try and score goals now. Under Pardew we were that paranoid about defence that we never attacked with any conviction.

• Reyantoon

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:01 AM

sliema
    I don’t consider win or loss percentage, the Sunderland debacle, the headbutt stuff etc.For me a mgr is about man mgt,good game setup,passion and ambition.
    I don’t think he is a bad mgr.People hate him badly because we lost back to back games agt the mackems.You have to remember that he worked under difficult conditions in the last 4yrs- like worst injuries,departure of key players and some players unsettlement in the PL.I’ll be happy on his move only if we replace him with a proper mgr.I don’t think there are better British mgrs than pard.If u consider them, they are even worse than him and don’t expect we will change under them.I am happy he left in good way.Time will tell if he was good or bad.But at the moment, our playing style has not changed or improved.God knows who we end up with,and hope that is not the worst or another inept British-based one.