Crystal Palace 1 Newcastle 1 – Video Goal Highlights

papiss cisse goal colo hit

Papiss Cisse after scoring last night

Here are the highlights of last night’s 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace.

It wasn’t an inspiring game by any means, but in retrospect we got a point out of it, and with the way things are at Newcastle right now, it’s better than losing the game to Alan Pardew’s new club.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Ron Knee

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Keith
    I wouldn’t worry about undermining Carver’s morale. I’m sure he doesn’t read this blog!
    In terms of backing the team, that’s up to the supporters who go to matches. If I lived in Newcastle I doubt I’d go to SJP under the Cashley regime.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 12, 2015 at 7:40 AM

Keith,
    The thing is, Palace were in the ascendency for the majority of the match. They looked by far the more dangerous throughout. Carver should have changed things far sooner, before they got their goal. He claims he knows how dangerous Bolasie is, yet waits till after he has done the damage to counter it. That is hindsight, not, as he appears to be claiming a tactical plan.

Perez was wasted, he couldn’t get into the game, and never looked likely to. Sissoko was a total waste and terrible in that deeper midfield role, that was also clear from early on. One simple change, Abeid for Perez at the start of the second half would have instantly made us more solid, and allowed Sissoko to stretch the game at their end with his pace and running.

It was a poor performance from the team, but also from Carver. The opportunity was there to influence proceedings, but he failed to act, and instead reacted after the event.

However, as I said earlier an away point is a decent point in the majority of Prem matches.

• firebug666

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:44 AM

JDdubai

Your right; 90 minutes of total dross football, and the last 20 minutes were just hoofing the ball out of our half.

I see nothing has changed since the inept one has left, if anything it has gotten worse.

Carver is just not cut out to be a manager, head coach, or even a coach.

The whole thing was appalling and the travelling fans should be given their money back.

The form we are in now is relegation form, and people may find us in that position sooner than they think.

• catchy in norway

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:47 AM

we had no shape last night, it was hard to figure out who was supporting Cisse, the gap was bigger than ever

Sissoko looked lost playing that deep

Perez never got into the game

Cabella and Janmaat were on different wave lengths,

its like P45 is still running the team.

I wonder if he left his play book ( page ) for charver.

subs were way to late, and went defensive first , P45 tactic

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Firebug,
    We won’t be relegated. We are 10+points clear of the bottom 4 with 13 games left. At least 2 of them would have to go on better runs then they have produced all year to catch us. Then take into account the other teams in and around who have 7/8/9 points to make up on us. A number play each other, and they also play the top sides.

It would take a huge turnaround in the entire bottom halts form to see us relegated.

• Ron Knee

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:49 AM

Lilongwe
    What depressed me most about the match was the poor ball control and passing. I thought Sissoko had an absolute stinker.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:51 AM

John Carver:

“It’s another game unbeaten. That’s one win, three draws and two defeats now, which is not bad in this league.
    It’s not good either John. That’s 38 points over a season me auld Geordie mucka.

• firebug666

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:53 AM

Lil

I don’t think we will get relegated either mate, just saying we could find ourselves down their sooner than people think.

Additionally; if Carver is given the job full time in the summer I will be fearful for our premiership survival.

He thinks he is doing a good job, and he is getting support, This is a very big worry.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:56 AM

Ron Knee,
    Some of the simple short passing was atrocious. Coupled with the fact that a few of them seemed to want to do it in the tightest of space, rather than trying to open the game out. I lost count of the number of simple passes that just went out of play.

It is infuriating, and must be for Carver also as they should all be able to do that.

I see they are getting a few days off now because they have worked so hard (since their Dubai holiday less than a month ago).

• Ron Knee

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:56 AM

firebug
    Carver isn’t the only deluded fool at Newcastle, unfortunately.

• Ron Knee

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Lilongwe
    Agreed. This surely means a lack of confidence, which is generally fatal.

• midweek weekend

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Just thought the football yesterday was horrendous, Sissoko has been poor for quite some games now, poor perez is still working hard But needs more support and players around him to pass better he failed to get involved yesterday, but for me it was the subs a holding midfielder and a left back, this is palace away not old Trafford is this how far we’ve fallen, I’ll say it again we are desperate for a proper coach squads got talent just needs direction, but we all know deep down carver gets the job full time come the end of the season when we come a high 14th,

It’s just not good enough

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 12, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Jail,
    Is that right? 38 points? Not exactly impressive, and potentially a relegation battle. Not this year though, I reckon 35 will see teams safe this year. Whether there are mitigating circumstances during his ‘caretaker’ role is debatable, but I have read in several places this morning him and other journos talking about him being unbeaten since getting the job.

Firebug,
    I am not going to worry about next year until we know what is going to happen this summer. I have a feeling JC is currently playing himself out of contention, so hopefully that means we will see someone else. Will be interesting to see who goes to QPR and Villa.