This Is Newcastle Fans’ Nightmare Scenario

We have absolutely nothing against John Carver, and in fact he’s done really well at Newcastle in two stints as the assistant manager, first with Sir Bobby Robson and then with Alan Pardew, and he’s been an excellent servant to Newcastle United.

john carver smiling

John Carver – new permanent head coach?

And now he has been given an enormous chance to become the new head coach of Newcastle in the summer, and that’s his job until the end of the season, and results will decide if he gets the job.

Or should we say results should decide if he gets the job.

We have created a table of John’s league and cup record since he took over, and we’ve included the one game in the Capital One Cup at Leicester – and we’ll keep updating the table as we go along this season.

CompetitionPlayedWonDrawnLostGFGAGDPoints
League1934121835-1713
FA Cup100101-1
Overall2034131836-1813

John keeps talking about the three games since he got the job – and that’s a reference to when he was appointed the coach through the end of the season.

But he’s been in charge of the team since after the Everton 3-2 home win, when Alan basically walked out on Newcastle to take the job at Crystal Palace.

What Newcastle fans would like to see in the summer is a continental coach come in early – say in late May – and have a full pre-season with the squad.

In addition to that, we hope that Newcastle will bring in some new players this summer to fortify the squad.

And while we are going to struggle to finish in the top ten this season, we do have the basis of a decent squad and some good young players coming though – so it’s not all gloom and doom – and who knows we may start winning some games shortly.

Fans just don’t seem to think John Carver is the right man to take over at Newcastle, and if he gets the job full time it’s hard to think that things will be rocking on Tyneside.

Should John Carver Be The Head Coach At Newcastle?

Loading ... Loading ...

But from a Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley viewpoint, John would be  an excellent choice if he can get the results,  because he would fit right in and not rock the boat at all.

And even though we are woefully short of center-backs and strikers and midfield creativity,  John said we didn’t need any new players brought in last month, and he backed the hierarchy and toed the party line 100%.

When the powers that be decide if John should get the job at the end of the season, the above table should be all they decide that on.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• martoon

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:43 AM

From last topic:
    jesperfuglsang @16 – I understand that it is impractical for you to attend any matches. However I find it a complete joke that you then blame people who do attend matches for all of today’s problems. If it wasn’t for the ST holders there would be no club to support and watch on your dodgy streams!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:49 AM

Martoon…I think you should read the comment to with I replied and then read my comment again instead of throwing a tantrum!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:50 AM

*to which

• hibbit

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:55 AM

jasper it doe’s come across your very anti ST holders in a lot of your post

• Matt

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Ha ha that quote bout dodgy internet streams ha ha

• Obertan's better than Messi

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:59 AM

The season ticket holders are the ones appeasing the fat man.

He just reduces the prices and gets families and kids in … they won’t chant and protest against him.

Gate receipts no longer drive the club’s finances.
    I don’t see a protest developing.
    If we’re always mid-table is anyone going to complain?

I find it hard to support the unsporting nature of the regime.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:10 AM

hobbit…it was just a reply to Canny’ comment about the inner functions of a Geordie and about putting things in perspective!

…seems it’s a problem for some. We are not going to get anywhere if people take offence and throw a tantrum all the time when it gets a little bit uncomfortable.

• firebug666

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:14 AM

I agree that with a full stadium every home game nothing will change, that’s all Ashley wants, and he makes sure he gets it.

I understand the viewpoint from ST holders, and agree that if they gave up their ticket now, Ashley would sell it on to someone else for cheaper, it the way he works.

Therefore ST holders who give up their ticket out of protest will achieve nothing, quite simply put another bum will fill the seat.

Better to keep the ST holders we have inside the stadium so that they at least can make some noise, and for a TV match if a protest is organised where better than in the stadium?

• Klam3r

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:25 AM

I’m really not too bothered. Ashley has done something to me. I’m getting more and more detached.
    He’s like cancer. Even St. James Park is a graveyard compared to what it used to be. The only passion I see is on this blog.

Keep buying tickets to support the man. Stay away to support the club.

• jasonmag

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:27 AM

sack the board type protests have never worked at Newcastle and never will. staying away will never happen, the only thing that has ever changed things is someone buying the club and doing there thing (for good or bad)with it. we should all unite to support the team on the pitch (as we did under previous parasites of the club)and hope someone buys him out, because putting wedges between fans is not helping anyone . we are Newcastle UNITED the leech is going to get fat off the profits and drop off eventually, but nothing we say or do can make him leave, he just does not care about our opinions

• martoon

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Jesper @7 – I’m not having a tantrum just saying that I find your opinion about ST holder laughable.
    firebug666 @8 – I agree 100% which is why I won’t give up my ST and refuse to be blamed for the current problems. Even though the football is not great at the moment I still enjoy the matchday experience and butterflies in my stomach before KO.
    However I am quite prepared to take part in peaceful, legal protests e.g. taking your seat late, leaving early (when a time can be agreed) etc. I actually think this will have more effect than watching games on your computer and then complaining on a blog like this!

• frankie

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Sad but true that some of the loyalist and longest serving fans are now staying away from the ground. These fans are being replaced by a customer type who are less passionate about our club.
    Only way for things to change is to stay away. It hurts at first but its the only way.

• jasonmag

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:39 AM

like you said Frankie ,we are just being replaced, so what is the point of not going when someone will replace you. I would rather it be me not them because I love going to games even though its not the best on the pitch at the mo

• Moonraker15

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:36 PM

If Carver stays next season we will be in relegation battle because good players won’t wanna come here. Also Carver ain’t up to the job!

This is Ashley’s worst fear cos out of the PL the club is no use to him.

So he has to appoint another coach and, whoever that is he will want some guarantees to take on the job.

We only got lumbered with P45due cos he was out of work and was cheap and a puppet; I don’t see anyone taking the job now under those conditions which is why they couldn’t fill the post in January. The likes of Tim Sherwood would have loved this job but never even considered it cos of policy.

So I reckon Ashley will be forced to either sell up or change policy – he has no choice other than relegation.

In the meantime if we keep up the social media info so that everyone is aware of the policy (thanks Lineker- I’m sure Shearer has had a word) we should be looking at some kind of reaction sooner rather than later! A lowly league position this season will help our cause.
    HWTL

• bladeuser

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:03 PM

U lot deserve the team coach and owner as u put up with everything they put in front of you those women in kilts in jock land put you soft sheep to shame