This Striker Would Be A Popular Signing On Tyneside

Burnley striker Danny Ings has recently flown to Spain to hold talks with David Moyes, the manager of Real Sociedad, and the Spanish club are just one of a number of clubs who have already talked to the 22 year-old about joining them as a free agent this summer.

danny ings burnley 975

Danny Ings – Burnley striker

The player was born in Hythe. which is near Southampton, and he has been linked with both Liverpool and Tottenham, which are bigger and wealthier clubs than Newcastle.

Newcastle are interested in signing Danny in the summer, and his price is within our range, with Burnley only needing to be paid compensation, because he is still under 24 – and we all know Newcastle like good deals.

But the worry is that he will go to one of the bigger clubs after him, and what Newcastle can offer him is that he will be a starter on Tyneside, but we cannot offer him European football or a challenge for the Premier League title.

And the fact that he has traveled to Spain means that he is not ruling out a move away from England.

Burnley have been trying to sign him to a new deal for over a year now, and his manager Sean Dyche, speaking on Sky Sports, doesn’t think he will leave England:

“I would be very surprised if that was the path he chooses to go down.” “I think we all know his development needs to continue and that’s in the Premier League.”

“The middle of La Liga is no use for a young player, I don’t personally think so – albeit it is a great standard.” “I think he’s better than that. I think he’s top end of the Premier League.”

Any club can sign a pre-contract agreement now and have the deal completed on July 1st, when the summer transfer season and the new financial years begins.

The fact that we are without a permanent manager cannot help our case with Ings, because players like to know which manager they will be playing for, and Newcastle cannot tell him that – not yet anyway.

Well not unless we have Frank de Boer tied up with a new deal that nobody yet knows about. 😀

Tottenham have already beaten us to one of our top targets last month – 18 year old Dele Alli of MK Dons – and there’s not much we can do if they offer him a better deal and Danny decides to continue his career in London.

Ambitious players like to join ambitious clubs.

However if we do somehow manage to sign him, he would a be a very popular signing, and he’s in the mold of an old-fashioned center-forward.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Obertan's better than Messi

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:23 AM

If Carver can keep us mid-table the jobs his.
    Frank de Boer has more sense than to have his hands tied and mouth gagged by Ashley.

• Klam3r

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:25 AM

I’m really not too bothered. Ashley has done something to me. I’m getting more and more detached.
    He’s like cancer. Even St. James Park is a graveyard compared to what it used to be. The only passion I see is on this blog.

Keep buying tickets to support the man. Stay away to support the club.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:26 AM

We are all different in life and for some it’s about principles and about showing intent…

…the important thing is we can talk about it without people going on a defensive mode.

• one fine day

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:28 AM

I thought he had a pre contract with moyes / real sociadad .

• martoon

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:29 AM

From last topic:-
    Jesper @7 – I’m not having a tantrum just saying that I find your opinion about ST holder laughable.
    firebug666 @8 – I agree 100% which is why I won’t give up my ST and refuse to be blamed for the current problems. Even though the football is not great at the moment I still enjoy the matchday experience and butterflies in my stomach before KO.
    However I am quite prepared to take part in peaceful, legal protests e.g. taking your seat late, leaving early (when a time can be agreed) etc. I actually think this will have more effect than watching games on your computer and then complaining on a blog like this!

• expatmag

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Martoon

Will you still be getting that spine tingling experience when we struggle against relegation next season after the fat prick appoints Carver permanently, sells all our star players, fails to spend again on quality and brings a bunch of no names to the club.

Because, mate, that is exactly where this club is heading under Kim Jong Ash.

• toon kk

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:39 AM

All these potential signings we’re supposed to be going after is only speculation, there’s absolutely no truth or trust at our club anymore.
    The only thing we do know is that there’s no ambition.

• ToonMatt

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:39 AM

There is no way on earth Ings would come here? The club is an absolute joke from top to bottom, Carver will still be in charge next season and 50,000 will be there supporting Ashley and his regime, Ashley will never leave and call me what you want but I agree with whoever said the season ticket holders are to blame because they are, Why not keep your season ticket but not go to the games? An almost empty stadium would get rid of this parasite.

• geordie157

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:51 AM

I think Ings would be a good signing, will we sign him i doubt it but the club would be stupid not to at least try and get him.

Same applies to A.Ayew but knowing Ashley he won’t even be considered as his wage demands will too high for us.

If no key players left in the summer and we got those two plus a quality centre back i’d be happy…content with that.

E.Munoz is out of contract this summer but honestly don’t know how good he is, surely he’s better than Wilo.

• jasonmag

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:53 AM

an empty stadium would get rid of players . fatty still gets his money so happy days for him. the crowds the players play in front of is our only draw atm so not going will do more harm than good

• Mister Tuff

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Shortly before the Stoke game I checked the official site and they were offering match tickets for £5.
    I think that getting a few seats sold for a fiver may not impact much upon the clubs coffers, but I’m slightly attracted to the concept that the reasonings have more to do with the visuals of empty seats for the TV companies as recently discussed on here.
    Also talk that things have never worked in the past (getting people out the club) may be true but today is completely different because of the internet, social media etc. So there is a way for the “little man” to get a message out.
    The effort the club went to, to thwart the sackpardew group and their A4 posters on matchday seemed way over the top -(additional stewards/security) but perhaps could also be linked to the effects it would have upon the TV viewer.
    Seems to me perhaps that a campaign by individuals displaying anti Tubbs/Regime posters might have an effect.
    But again most Toon supporters would turn up to view a clothes line with Toon tops hanging from it – or half a dozen zebras grazing on the pitch.

• geordie157

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:55 AM

the only way of getting Ashley out would be for season ticket holders not to renew.

The fact the tickets are renewed and the fans have parted with their hard earned cash means two things, Ashley has his money and the fans are too loyal not to turn up.

The loyalty of the fans is essentially the ace up Ashleys sleeve.

• expatmag

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Martoon

And furthermore, since 29th December 2013, Newcastle United have played 22 home league games, winning 8 and losing 10. Most of the victories were by one goal whilst we also experienced several hammerings by 3 or more goals.

I am even more delighted for you that you enjoy this formidable home record.

We wont mention the utter defensive disorganised dross served up during this period. Must be well worth your 500 or so quid you spend on that season ticket each season.

• toon kk

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:00 AM

ToonMatt.
    I agree, as far an MA is concerned he’s got a great money making business with fans that he probably thinks he’s providing a good service for by making football more affordable for families to watch.
    People are always going to fill SJP im not sure what they want but I do know what they’ll get.

• jasonmag

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:05 AM

I agree the visuals of empty seats would have an impact on tv , but that still wont make tubs sell the golden goose because he is made greed and as long as there is money to be made he will make it. we are the casualties of this and all our bickering is proof of that. if anyone can come up with a viable way of ridding us of him I will do my bit and so will everyone I know.

• toon kk

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Jason
    you’ve answered the answer to the problem of getting rid of Mash, no support, no players resulting in no money means no mash

• one fine day

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Again this year it looks like we will be needing At least 5 in plus the forest two just to make up what will be moved on .
    The fact we won’t know who our manager even is until prob 5 weeks before the start of next season says even more poor planning .
    And so ,like this season ,next year we will be told players need time to bed in ,which is correct but it seems every year we go through this.
    And so on it goes .
    On topic. Why would Ings or indeed any player with a few options choose a club where he has no idea who his coach will be?

• jasonmag

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:33 AM

toonkk
    I can handle supporting the club in a lower division if it would rid us of tubbs

• Sav

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Don’t make the poor mouth, Ed. We ain’t broke. Far from it. What Mashley lacks is will, not cash.

• Moonraker15

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Ed
    Ings won’t even consider Newcastle – and it’s not that we can’t afford him because we can easily afford him! No it’s because of lack of ambition; we couldn’t even get that kid from Mk Dons!

The only players we will get are foreign bargains looking for a stepping stone club.

How depressing when with a different owner we could be competing top 5 or 6, maybe even better! Why did we have to get the billionaire who is a Scrooge?