Newcastle Nervously Await Prognosis On Two Players

We are still waiting to hear from the Newcastle medics on what the prognosis is on the knee  injuries to both Cheick Tiote and Paul Dummett.

paul dummett

Paul Dummett – in action this season

Cheick injured his knee playing for the Ivory Coast in Equatorial Guinea in the African Cup of Nations last month, and he was also injured earlier this season, and has played only 12 times for Newcastle this season.

Cheick’s knee injury is thought to be the more serious of the two, and it could mean he’s out for the rest of the season.

And if that turns out to be the case, he will have played his last game for the Magpies, since he’s expected to be sold in the summer.

Paul Dummett is also an important player for Newcastle, since he  has shown this season that he can play at center-back, and Newcastle have only two experienced center-backs left in the squad for the rest of the season.

They are Colo (Fab Coloccini) and Willo (Mike Williamson), and if either of those get injured, Paul would be the one to come in – if he’s fit.

However, if Paul is going to be out for some time it would make our problems at center-back even worse, and it’s a good question who Newcastle would then call on.

Maybe 21 year-old Australian International Curtis Good, who unfortunately tends to pick up a lot of injuries, and of course we also have loaned out 20 year-old Remie Streete to Rangers for the rest of the season,  but he’s also out injured at the moment.

The worst news would be if both Tiote and Dummett are out for several months, and that would make an already inadequate squad even further weakened for the rest of the season.

Newcastle really need to stop making these deals in the January transfer which weaken the squad for the rest of the season.

It’s a dangerous and even reckless way to run a football club, where money is more important than the strength of the squad, and Newcastle  make far too many dicey deals in the January transfer window.

If we are to become a successful club again it has to stop.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Have you heard of Lubo Satka ?

This kid won’t disgrace himself if called on

plus we have right backs to cover for Janmaat who has played in the middle of defence many times for Feyernoord

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:46 PM

I bumped into Mr Tuff coming out off the Metro Centre car park

• Pop n Wyn

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Jeff, young Satka shows real potential, watched the kid a number of times, thing is if we get any injuries to Colo or Willy then he may have to show that potential sooner rather than later, we really should have got some cover in that window that has just gone, a loanee would have done fine, our man at the top is on the gamble again.

• Mister Tuff

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Club Wars: The Rise of the Wums and Trolls.
    Todays episode features another “Mr Multiple” who is desperate to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes by hoping they forget his previous offensive and vile utterings -drum role- I bring you Jeff from Benwell.

Jeff getting ready for a night out on the town.

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Dr Harrison has had articles coming thick and fast today
    So hence this repost……………………………
    I think S McLaren is nailed on.
    BUT
    May I throw another name in the ring

Whisper from my mate Goffe Terpstra in Friesland

HENK TEN CATE

Currently caretaker at Sparta Rotterdam until May
    He was Frank Rijkaard’s strategist and coach at Barcelona when they won 2 league titles and the CL

• geordie157

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:53 PM

If Dummett is fit then i’d play Colo and Dummett.

If Dummett is out, then Colo and Satka.

Not too bothered about Tiote, Abeid needs to play more and playing Tiote usually limits us in midifield.

• estechco

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:03 PM

I see Birmingham City have gone into receivership…

How long until our glorious leader jumps in with a (less than) generous offer?

Would certainly back up this interesting theory…

• hibbit

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:05 PM

that will be the rangers fans board banned fancy releasing the minutes of there meeting derek liambias to early …..sound familiar

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:35 PM

And in other news
    While the Italian media is full of Rafa Benitez AND the Napoli sporting director Riccardo Bigon refusing to confirm Benitez will be at Napoli next season , there is no mention of NUFC , only Liverpool , which seems logical as RB still has a lovely house in West Kirby . If Brendan Rodgers misses top 4 he could be shown the door.

• lesh

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:39 PM

As usual, Ashley’s no doubt been focused on costs when he’s loaned players out.

What a shower they are

• mindshaft

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Ed – for Newcastle to be a successful club we would need a chairman ready to release funds which is not in the Ashley business plan – fattys happy enough to collect Prem league TV money whilst we stagnate in lower mid table mediocrity – guess we should get used to it

• Sliema

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:45 PM

The blog has been dead today.

I think we are all just depressed by the goings on.

• cyprus

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Dear Carver,
    Put on Gutierrez even for 5 minutes man. Come on. Do the right thing!

• Average_Contents

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Sliema

It’s been dead for weeks mate. I think he’s finally browbeaten everyone into submission

Fat slug out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fat slug lovers out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Knobends out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Average_Contents

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Oh yeah

Congratulations Jesper. Hope your all in good health mate 😀

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Everyone…thank you for the kind words today, it warms my heart 🙂

…even you John Irving

By the way Lasse Schøne is not a winger – I am sure he can play out wide, but he’s a Att. CM.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Sliema/AC…I think the running of the just don’t leave anything of value to talk about!

. .it just turns into hostility

• welshgeordie9

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:25 PM

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii don’t believe it.

• Ian Toon

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:38 PM

jesper- Many congratulations. Happiness in life is associated with such positive human interactions. Receiving positivity from fellow bloggers reinforces your own family positivity and is clearly the recipe for a good feeling. Well done.

My grandfather used to say on such family ocassions that it even surpassed spending time in the Northumberland countryside on a nice day whatever the season. He used to describe it as thinking of Cecil Rhodes dictum about winning the first prize in the lottery of life.

As for the blog some things never change the ego’s getting in the way of a pleasurable experience when coming on here.

• DokToon

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:56 PM

jesper,
    cheers on the new one, I wish great health to the new one (whats the name by the way?), and health to you and your family….you only missed sharing SBR’s bday by a day or too.. (which I DO share)…

tomorrow is SBR’s bday, everyone lift a glass…

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Welshie
    So you saw the pic ?
    Ha ha ha

• welshgeordie9

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Jeff

Yeah i did see it.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:05 PM

where’s jail these days, he’s been very quiet.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Ian/Dok…thank you very much 🙂 it’s really nice of you all to think of us 🙂

Dok…the name is undecided as of yet…I’ll remember to congratulate you tomorrow mate!

• Mister Tuff

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Teehee teehee did you see the picture teehee teehee.
    Yes I did teehee teehee.
    What a couple of knackers.
    As usual high quality content (NOT).

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Mrs Tuff

“What a couple of knackers.”

We couldn’t see your knackers – You were sitting in a car !

• DokToon

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:56 PM

jesper,

you gonna tell your new one not to be an NUFC supporter? 🙂

save them a lifetime of heartbreak, and underachievement

• DokToon

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:57 PM

mr tuff,

challenge them to a duel and get some satisfaction, like you did me a few years ago 🙂

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:05 PM

There would be no duel with Mr Tuff,he’s so weak and frail the slap of the glove on his cheek would render him unconscious.Smiley Face

• welshgeordie9

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Stop kissing his backside.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Anyway back to football, where’s cabaye tonight, he’s not on the bench.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Either way, what a waste of talent.

• John Irving

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:14 PM

“(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” lyrics

Mr Tuff
    Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”

I can’t get no satisfaction
    I can’t get no satisfaction
    ‘Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
    I can’t get no, I can’t get no
    When I’m drivin’ in my car
    And that man comes on the radio
    And he’s tellin’ me more and more
    About some useless information
    Supposed to fire my imagination
    I can’t get no, oh no no no
    Hey hey hey, that’s what I say
    I can’t get no satisfaction
    I can’t get no satisfaction
    ‘Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
    I can’t get no, I can’t get no
    When I’m watchin’ my TV
    And that man comes on to tell me
    How white my shirts can be
    But he can’t be a man ’cause he doesn’t smoke
    The same cigarrettes as me
    I can’t get no, oh no no no
    Hey hey hey, that’s what I say
    I can’t get no satisfaction
    I can’t get no girl reaction
    Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
    I can’t get no, I can’t get no
    When I’m ridin’ round the world
    And I’m doin’ this and I’m signing that
    And I’m tryin’ to make some girl
    Who tells me baby better come back later next week
    Cause you see I’m on losing streak
    I can’t get no, oh no no no
    Hey hey hey, that’s what I say
    I can’t get no, I can’t get no
    I can’t get no satisfaction
    No satisfaction, no satisfaction etc.

• DokToon

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM

WAS THAT TO ME, WELSHIE???

• DokToon

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:19 PM

stupid caps lock, lol

• Our Toon

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Welsh

Cabaye is injured and even if he wasn’t and don’t think he’s good enough to start for them!! I think Cabaye might replace Steven Gerrard at Liverpool next season.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:30 PM

OurToon

Like i said, what a waste of talent, even if he went to Liverpool, I don’t think he will get in to their squad.

• Our Toon

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:35 PM

He would get in Liverpool squad, he’s the perfect replacement for Gerrard who’s off, they don’t have anyone for that role at present

• scout

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Cabaye couldnt lace SG Boots in his pomp

• wolfshead@toon

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:39 PM

psg vs chelsea is a bore still theres always a chance of costa and zlats having a ruck