Even More Players Suffer Injuries – Crisis Deepens

We are again getting more players injured, and news tonight that Remy Cabella is not fit to play at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Curtis Good Ecuador+22got4we3XVl

Curtis Good – in America for surgery

That’s not such a bad injury since Newcastle have wingers like Sammy Ameobi, Gabby Obertan, Joan Gouffran and fit again Rolando Aarons are all able to fill in for the 24 year-old Frenchman.

It’s center-back where we are really short of players with Paul Dummett probably out for the season with his knee injury, and would you believe it but 21 year-old Curtis Good has gone to America for another hip injury.

Curtis picked up the hip injury in early March playing for Australia for the first time, so something has gone wrong with the treatment of the injury.

He missed the World Cup in Brazil because of it,and he didn’t have his hip operation until the summer, and now he’s gone to America to have another operation on the hip.

That means he’s unlikely to be fit to play for Newcastle anytime soon and there’s over  a year of his career he’s missed through the injury he picked up on International duty.

This is what John Carver said today about what is quickly becoming an injury crisis:

“We had the disappointment the week before with the loss of Dummett, Tiote and Siem de Jong. “We were almost at our max with fitness and within a week you lose three big players.”

“We don’t know how long Cheick is out for. We’ll know within the next 48 hours what is going on with him.” “Cabella hurt his knee on Monday. He has a medial ligament strain.”

“It’s not a serious issue but it will almost certainly keep him out at the weekend.” “If he’s not 100%  I would rather he missed one game than be out for ten weeks like Dummett.”

“It’s always a concern when you lose players, especially of the quality we have lost. You can get away with losing one or two young lads.”

“There’s nothing I can do about it. If you look at the injuries – Siem, Cheick, Dummett, Taylor – four of our big players have serious injuries, not muscle strains.”

“You’d normally get one or two of those in a season, we had three in a week – it’s a bit unfortunate.” “It’s no good sulking or making excuses, that’s life and we have to deal with it.”

“Two weeks ago we were one player away from having a fully-fit squad.” “I was so excited about that. Who is to say that’s not the end of it?”

So one question for John Carver is why didn’t he ask for at least a center-back last month to be brought in when Steven Taylor was injured on January 1st, and declared to be out for the rest of the season?

Newcastle have lost Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Steven Taylor, Paul Dummett and now Curtis Good, who are four of our best six center-backs at the club.

John Carver can try to cover up for the people above him, but this is nothing more than very poor management and planning by Newcastle United – it’s as simple as that.

And this isn’t exactly rocket science.

Why didn’t Newcastle spend  some money in January to strengthen the squad?

That’s the question that needs to be answered by Managing Director Lee Charnley, who is the responsible executive for all of this, and if Newcastle have any sense they will recall Remie Streete from Rangers immediately.

We assume Newcastle can do that ……

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• jimmysmith

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Ashley needs to address the issue of the lack of atmosphere in the ground as a priority. Its hard to imagine thats doing anyone any good. He needs to get the crowd wholeheartedly behind the team and that’s certainly achievable. It just requires attacking competitive football. You don’t have to win a trophy, but you do have to have a go in some style.

• beermonkey

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:13 PM

poor Curtis good nowts gone right since he has been here injury wise lets hope they can sort it

city not the game to put satka in but I would give him time in the next couple

• ZIPPIE57

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Always in the shit just the depth that varies I’m afraid , 5 or 6 nil coming our way Saturday i reckon

• ash1001

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:16 PM

And Davide Santon had a cracking game for Inter Milan this evening v Celtic – good planning, I think not, Tiote and Goods wages been paid by there countries FA under insurance scheme as they a were injured on international duty, MORE MONEY SAVED.

• Thump

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:21 PM

A crisis at Newcastle? Never!

• BandB

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Jeff,

Mercenary is a pretty damning thing to call a professional person in most walks of life.
    So was your decision to highlight their African ethnicity an attempt to insinuate they were culturally inclined to be mercenaries?
    Or just a harmless geographical observation, of the “staaands t’ reason” variety?

• Graeme

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Recall?? That would indicate common sense and NUFC dont do that.

FCB is happy, the bottom 6 are far enough behind that they are providing the 3 relegated teams. We will survive, maybe not in 10th place, but he wont have to pay the club bonus, so he wont lose much at all in reality. As if he cares though!!

• Mister Tuff

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:24 PM

moonraker – previous thread – no problem!

I perhaps should have completed my post with .. European of African descent.

Found a thread about this on a Chelsea site (I think)…

3. He’s from France, NOT Senegal – Demba Ba may represent Senegal at the international level due to his heritage but he is actually from Sèvres, France. He grew up in France, playing football at the youth level for a variety of French clubs before getting his first chance with French club Rouen. To dispel whatever misconceptions some people may have he is as European as strikers come.

Link:-

• BandB

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:28 PM

John Irving,

Whoever it was you once crashed and burned as, you are clearly a reboot.
    Which means you have probably lost all the arguments you made in the past and are looking to make them all again under a new name which has not been discredited.
    A pretty tiresome waste of time for anyone inclined to respond, don’t you imagine?

• Mister Tuff

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:39 PM

John Irving = Jeff.

• BandB

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Tuff,

I hope you won’t indulge this exercise in futility.
    Jeff and Welsh are bang on schedule….

• Mister Tuff

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:55 PM

BandB – you are indeed correct – a futile exercise. I need to exercise more self control however an opportunity arose tonight which I could not resist, ignorant bigots need exposing.
    Said Heedbanger reverted to type last night by referring to others as “mongs” and no-one picked him up on it.

Best really not to provide them with the oxygen of engagement.

• JAMSHA(CARVER SLAYER)

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:17 AM

or are the club tryng to injure the players or asking them to fake injurys? so that we dnt finsih in top 10 or fat man will need to pay bonous

• BandB

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:30 AM

Tuff,

I saw.

“These racists are as bad as people with Down’s Syndrome.”
    The guy has a way with words……..

• lesh

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:49 AM

Injuries will provide the justification for poor results and give Charnley the ammunition to say that Carver’s been the victim of them – then appoint him at the endo of the season.

Charnley’s no better than Llambias and Carver a sub-standard Pardew.

• lesh

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:38 AM

Carver’s justified not buying during the lad window!

So we were one player short of a fully fit squad were we? Can’t the clown count how many players there were in the squad? It certainly was not 25.

The man’s an embarrassment and can’t stoop low enough to justify Ashley and Charnley’s failure to invest in players.

• sing in the corner

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Well this has been worth doing…watching England : all out 123 batting 1st. Champion.
    And today…well, bring on the City game. Charge of the Light Brigade comes to mind.
    On, on! (Black and White army!)
    Thankfully,in a way, I’m missing the game… will be sat in a hot tub in Northumberland sipping a nice bit of bubbly,
    Semi jokingly said earlier maybe if we’re gonna get beat a hiding might force a change in owner attitude. But come on lads, dig in, get out of this one with a bit of pride in tact.

• Canny in Canberra

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:08 AM

the players may have changed but the script remains the same.
    SITC – Given up thinking anything will change anytime soon, no matter what happens on the pitch.

• Canny in Canberra

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:12 AM

Hold on!
    How come it’s suddenly Carver whos buying or not buying I should say. Isn’t it established that he has no say on such things. Guess he must just be the mouthpiece so the higher ups don’t have to face the press.

• sing in the corner

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:21 AM

Canny

Fair enough, but I just hope the players and more importantly the loyal, amazing away crowd don’t get an embarrassing humping this evening. They don’t deserve that. I have to take my hat off to that hard core of travelling support…. Proper fans.

• Canny in Canberra

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:23 AM

This evening?
    It’s not on here until 4am Sunday morning? WTF?

• sing in the corner

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:27 AM

OOps

I’m punch drunk watching sorry England cricket team get taken apart by the Kiwis through the night. And its half term, no work to orientate me! Excuses excuses…

• Canny in Canberra

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:28 AM

Haven’t watched any of the cricket like. Sends me to sleep. Make our lad watch it in the garage so I can watch girlie crap on Fox. 🙂

• Canny in Canberra

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:32 AM

This injury thing is ridiculous mind! I’ve never heard of any other team having this much carry on as many times a season as we do. Hard not to think there’s something not being done properly for this to be happening so much.

• sing in the corner

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:34 AM

Very nearly upped sticks and emigrated to Brisbane a few years ago without ever having even visited Oz. Had work visas, and had my house up for sale. The bloke on the cricket just said they have had 600mils of rainfall in the last 12 hours there earlier. Bit of weather around in Queensland then…

• sing in the corner

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:36 AM

Yeah you’re right, its just one after another. Wouldn’t surprise me if Colo gets a leg problem now and needs specialist attention in Argentina for a while. Sods law demands it!

• Canny in Canberra

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:41 AM

They’ve got a full on cyclone coming through Brizzy at the mo. Still an awesome place to live like. Been up on hols a few times.
    With regards Colo, I think its more Missus Colo demands it than Sod’s Law

• sing in the corner

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:44 AM

If I was Lubo Satka, Remi Streete or the like behind the scenes I would be in the gym day and night, training hard as hell because there is a massive chance to fast track to the land of milk and honey that is the Premier League 1st team. Willo is way out of his depth, for me is at risk psychologically he is that exposed, Colo is going backwards and running on about 50pc interest levels. Young uns, its there for you…

• Canny in Canberra

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:48 AM

SITC
    It’s there for the taking for the up and coming to be sure but I seem to remember the club lacked a bit of loyalty when they stepped up earlier in the season. As soon as the faves were fit it was like see ya thanks for coming. They may be thinking it ain’t worth the bother. Damn that would be sad.

• Canny in Canberra

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:51 AM

Off Home now. Fingers crossed it won’t be too shameful come Sunday. Enjoy ya hols hun!

• sing in the corner

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:53 AM

One more injury to a defender and its going to be all hands to the pump anyway! Ryan Taylor could do a job at full back but his fitness is ultra fragile. Then its Anita who could do a job there too. But at Centre half…we’re really struggling. Taxi for Streete from Glasgae. I might dust of me boots and mooch around the players entrance for a nit, see what happens

• sing in the corner

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Aye have a canny one canny!

• Ron Knee

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:32 AM

NZ humiliate England. Is this an omen for tomorrow afternoon?

• Mag52

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:39 AM

Re injuries: a few years ago, if my memory serves me right, there was some talk of someone putting a curse on SJP for some reason or other. Can’t remember the details.
    Just a thought.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:40 AM

Morning lads!

…I see John Irving I’d like the present that keep on giving! Beautiful…you are an inspiration to all of us! Not!

So back to football. I can see our planning once again has come back to bite us. What is the worst one could think of without it resulting in relegation? I think I’m probably heading there just to teach those tossers a lesson!

Is it really worth going to games even though those tickets are paid for? Give them to charity or something. Burn them and video it and send it to Ashley – be creative!

We could even start a charity where ST-holders get s refund and the money goes to….well you get the idea. Pay it forward or something like that.

This shouldn’t be about people’s right to go to games anymore.

• JAMSHA(CARVER SLAYER)

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Newcastle boss John Carver has revealed that
    Manchester City are also tracking their forward
    Ayoze Perez.

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:07 AM

BandB
    I expect the usual suspects to be on my case because I am perceived to be an Ashley supporter and try to argue his (diminishing) corner as eloquently as I can.
    I hate bullies (they’re usually cowards as well) and paradoxically on this blog Ashley(for all his wealth) is bullied.
    I am quite surprised at your joining of the gleeful “ooh we’ve caught Jeff out and can prove him to be a rascist” camp , I for some reason , thought you above that childishness.
    If I were to go to the White House and call Barak Obama an African American he wouldn’t take it as a racial slur.
    I’ve never been near to the Caucasus Mountains but in America I would be described as Caucasian
    I could bang on about FA and PL surveys that show their concerns at the lack of interest in football by certain ethnic groups but I think this article may achieve my purpose better.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Jeff,
    I’d imagine people got on your back as you decided to use the term African mercenaries, rather than just mercenaries. That and neither are African, both French born. I hold a passport for here, but I am not African.

• BandB

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Jeff,

I asked you why “mercenaries” was not sufficient as an expression of contempt.
    I also wondered why you chose to condemn racists as “mongs.”
    The Debuchy gangrene remark was full of rage too. You’ll be suggesting Jonas is a lucky fellow and wishing cancer on the families of fellow bloggers next.
    I encourage your championing of Ashley. With friends like you.

On occasion Jeff, you appear to see every issue in black and blue.

• lesh

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:02 AM

G’day Canny

I wasn’t suggesting for a minute that Carver was responsible for not buying in January – that is not as we all know, his job.

But what I was driving at was that he was happy, brow-beaten into accepting a clearly inadequate squad and acquiescing to the departure of Santon and the Rangers five.

There is a limit to his input in the proposed Head Coach role, but surely he should have raised strong objections to further weakening a squad already weak in certain areas – CB and striker?

Carver risks his reputation as a coach if he doesn’t opine om the tools he’s given to work with.

The job’s his and if that is the case next season, then his appointment has got to rank alongside other gems of Ashley wisdom – Wise, Jimanez, the Keegan debacle, letting Hughton go, appointing Kinnear, retaining Pardew not recruiting a credible replacement and… Watch this space – there will be more I’m sure.