This Is What Newcastle Need Most Of All At This Time

Newcastle are now not in a very good situation for the rest of the season, and be it bad luck or bad management – or both – we are now short of players for the rest of the season, especially in defense.

john carver with finger raised

John Carver – needs full support from the fans

And John Carver yesterday had exactly the right attitude by saying there’s really not much he or the players can do now, other than to just get on with it.

John is right and we can all moan and groan – which we’ve done particularly at the upper  management at Newcastle – but the coaches and the players just have to do the best they can – given the situation Newcastle find themselves in.

It’s certainly made John Carver’s job in these last 13 games much more difficult than it should have been, but we’re sure the fans will get right behind John and the players.

That’s whether or not you think John is the right man for the job, John is simply a Geordie doing the very best he can for his hometown club – Newcastle United.

We don’t expect anything out of the game tomorrow, other than a good performance and no more injuries – please – but a week on Saturday we play at home to Aston Villa, and that’s going to be a vital game that Newcastle have to somehow win.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Manchester City

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

That will be a lot harder now that Tim Sherwood is the new manager,  and he seems to be having a positive impact almost immediately at Villa Park.

Aston Villa are like Newcastle and are a sleeping giant in the Premier League, and have not done well at all over the last few seasons.

But a win a week tomorrow will get Newcastle 3 more points,  and we’ll be even closer to being safe on 40 points for this season.

We’re sure the Newcastle fans – as usual – will do their part – starting at the Etihad Stadium tomorrow – and Manchester City have reported the game is completely sold out.

Howay The Lads!!

• BandB

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Where the manager comes from should have absolutely nothing to do with how he is supported.

I am pretty sure we’ve all been lectured often enough on that Ed.

No. Forget that. I know!

Let’s get behind Carver.

Because he’s a Geordie.

• Reyantoon

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:23 PM

I do agree that Perez should be dropped for a while.He seem to be running without aim lately.His work rate has been excellent but he runs too much at times,get isolated with teammates causing to lose our shape.He looks big game player though as he scores vital goals against Liv,Tot,Ars, etc…
    He may do something 2moro too and like him to start but if he repeats that aimless run,he should be on the bench.

• mindshaft

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:27 PM

What is up with Carver – is the guy an idiot announcing to the press that he was going to get DeJong to work with the U21s then saying well I haven’t spoke to him about it
    Guy just says the first thing that comes into his head, well as long as it doesn’t rock the boat with Charnley/Ashley where he just says yes sir to anything they say

• sickandtired

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:32 PM

John isn’t simply a Geordie doing the best he can. He’s the professional paid coach of a PL football team FFS!

• BandB

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Carver isn’t the target here.
    Ashley is.
    I bear no ill-will towards Carver.
    I do think however that if we are to head off the chance of him being appointed full-time, the best tactic is to shoot him so full of holes he isn’t providing any kind of human shield to Ashley at all.
    At which point the main benefit in appointing him will have gone.

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Chicken Kharma is my personal favourite

• BandB

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:38 PM

From Brighton Grove Tandoori….
    Oooooh!!

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:40 PM

BandB

“Carver isn’t the target here.
    Ashley is.
    I bear no ill-will towards Carver.
    At which point the main benefit in appointing him will have gone.”

This is not a Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland movie.

If Carver starts winning a few games , all the windbags will look foolish.

• BandB

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:41 PM

“If”

• Mister Tuff

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Ian Toon – I’m not going to respond fully to your previous invented/poisonous post other than yet another load of crap against those who hold differing view to you about the management and ownership of a football club, and for no other purpose. Man get a life you need help.
    No need to sign off as “The narcissistic pseud.” I already knew that.

• mindshaft

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:52 PM

I’ve yet to see any evidence that Carver knows what he’s doing – I hope he does well but so far it doesn’t look like he’s up to the job and him spouting off to the press behind players backs isn’t going to help

• Black and White with an army lol

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Jeff from Benwell

“If Carver starts winning a few games , all the windbags will look foolish.”

still with the jokes I see.

Carver is a coach and not a very good one at that, I don’t know what SBR saw in him to bring him to Newcastle maybe because he’s only a local lad?

If Carver is appointed full time head coach next season we will go down, he’s another yes man to the dogs upstairs and if he had any love for fans and the club he wouldn’t of taken the job in the first place he would want what we all crave a good bloody manager/head coach.

• BandB

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Tuff,

I suppose it gave Ofcom and Channel 4 five minutes peace.

• Reyantoon

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Off topic…

I’m not big fan of ” inside Ring dance”
    but in huge setup like this,I am sure most of us would like to watch them..
    I support both….lol

• Moonraker15

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Jeff
    Stop dreaming man! Carver is not going to start winning and Saturday could be very embarrassing for us as a club, but then we are a laughing stock anyway!

This season is over except for the Derby match? And that’s possibly gonna be a relegation battle!

• bettyswallocks

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Thanks to all the well wishers. I’m home now but recuperation will be a long job.

It just seems very sad that everyone seems so philosophical now about the goings on at our beloved club.

To try and fight Ashley seems futile I know but we can’t lose our pride and passion.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM

betty…I’ve been on a similar page for a while. If we can’t have pride and passion in the club, why shouldn’t it be in ourselves as fans?

What have we got to lose. Many have just given up or resigned themselves to the idea that we can’t or wont achieve anything, so why try. Very sad state of affairs and only plays in to one persons hands. No points for guessing who.

Anyway, I’ve missed most of todays posts, not sure if you’ve explained it, but whatever has been up, I hope all is better now and you recover well.

• Jeff from Benwell

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Reyantoon
    “I do agree that Perez should be dropped for a while.He seem to be running without aim lately.”

The reason he is running around so much is because Cisse is not an archetypal EPL forward he is a goal poacher pure and simple.
    We must start with Riviere alongside Ayoze in a 3-5-2 formation with Cisse coming on as an impact player

• Pop n Wyn

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:57 PM

This fella Carver is getting hung out to dry, he is being put in an awful position, and while he is no doubt giving 100 per cent, the tools he is getting to play with are going to hurt him, we are capable of beating the big teams, we have this season, maybe we can again, but we are well capable of getting beat of the bottom teams as well.

Financial restraints are keeping us mid table, of course that suits MA we all know that, he probably thinks he could pump another 30 million in and we may not be much higher than we are at the moment, probably true but with the amount of money coming in to the premiership surely we hae to try, MA again is making a rod for his own back, thing is im sure he is not bothered and i think he may actually get off on this adversity, yes the bloke gets a kick out of it, we just keep getting a smacked arse though.

• lesh

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Black and White with an army lol

Maybe Sir Bob took Carver on to do as he’s told?

Nowt’s changed there then!

• beermonkey

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Ibiza / betty

I think a lot of fans are waiting to see how the rangers thing pans out in the vain hopes that its either them or us and he goes with them

I think he will own both

• Ibizatoon

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:33 PM

beermonkey…I’m sure there is an element of that. My concern in, well, one of them, is that there will always be a reason to wait. Some would argue by design.

At what point do the majority say enough is enough, we’re going to try and do something?

All that’s happening by waiting, is people are becoming defeated and getting to the point where they no longer care. Once again, that only benefits one person.

For what it’s worth, I too think he will own both. From what I understand, which I admit is probably not a hell of a lot, it’s only an issue if both teams were to be part of the same competition.

I don’t see us pushing for Europe anytime soon, so where’s the issue?

• toon kk

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:35 PM

beermonkey
    agree, I can’t see Mash giving up Nufc, he’s making far too much coin to even consider getting rid. He’ll gamble with our premier league status as long as he owns the club to boost the profits.

We’re just a business to MA.

• bettyswallocks

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Beer.

I tend to agree, if he can turn both clubs into profit producing advertising vehicles he will stay put.

Bear in mind also that when challenged or criticised he becomes more stubborn and determined to have his own way.

Other people’s hopes and dreams mean nothing to this monster.

• Mister Tuff

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM

BandB – previous post. Indeed if he’s having a go at me someone else is getting
    a rest.
    The most annoying aspect for me is that any adverse comments are against those
    who do not subscribe to his beliefs about Pardew and the management at SJP.
    I could say that Pele was the best footballer ever – despite probably believing the same, the fraudster would appear to argue against just because I said it.
    A duplicitous hombre -especially with his new found blog playmates.

• beermonkey

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Ibiza

I agree there wont be any issues with him owning both

the club by design is closed in we are told nothing ( its hard just to found out fitness of players )
    this causes a division in the fans as there are lot out there who still think the 5 year plan is still in operation and willing to see how it pans out

the lack of info from the club about anything is a clever way to keep the fans infighting instead of uniting

sept might prove to be the point where the fans unite if no decent manager and no players come in

but I suspect they will do enough to keep the division going like last summer it was just enough then mutterings of a defender we couldn’t get over the line

• Mister Tuff

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:48 PM

If the club are so keen to get everyone to support Carver, why didn’t they display some support and buy in new players in January. The head coach has basically no input into who they sign so as they had no-one appointed at the time I fail to see why they didn’t. Apart that is from their gamble that we have enough points to avoid the drop -which we probably have.
    I suspect we’ll get well and truly trounced by City over the weekend.

• beermonkey

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:51 PM

the only thing i don’t understand (well not the only thing) is why does he come to matches what does he get out of it I do find it puzzling

can any1 shed any light on this one

• Tsunki

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Not long ago there was a healthy support for the idea that Ashley would sell it as soon,as he got his ‘loan’ back. Now sense seems to be prevailing and many are warming to my view that not only will Ashley stay put at this gift that keeps on giving, but when he has long been reduced to being called just ‘Ash’ his company will continue to skim the cream at nufc.

Just accept the fait accomplit, it’s easier if you just lie back…

• Ibizatoon

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:56 PM

beermonkey…What I am really interested in and, to memory, I have yet to see, is actual sound reasoning why we should believe what we’re told by the club.

September should be interesting. However, that’s how it seems now. Who knows what new curve balls there will be between then and now. There has to be some incoming players this summer, simply has to be. I imagine for some, that’ll be enough to show the club mean business.

We’ll still be arguing how we’re short in numbers and will face the arguement that if we overfill the sqaud, the youth players will never get their chance.

I don’t see an end until the fans unite and say enough is enough. You do your bit, we’ll do ours.

Tuff…Trying to be reasonable, the odds would be against us in this game regardless of previous decicions by the board. This is one of those few games where I hope the team just go for it. We have nothing to lose as we’re expected to lose. Let’s at least try and entertain the fans.

Surely the club don’t have this one down as one of our needed 8 draws.

• Tsunki

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Beer monkey – I’ll tell you something I don’t understand – Chinese writing.

• bettyswallocks

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:57 PM

The fact that Ashley has everything material in life, ie. All the toys, Yacht, Helicopter , football clubs etc. etc. he needs something more to give him a buzz.

Gambling a million quid on the spin of a wheel probably bores him now,so it appears that he is bending all the rules,with regards to his business dealings as far as he dare to challenge the powers that be to try and stop him.

Unfortunately his buy cheap , sell dear mentality will prevent him ever indulging himself as the owner of a football club that wants to compete.

• Tsunki

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Beer monkey – with Ashley just think of a gambler who gets a kick out of his budget squad with a budget manager squeak through games to keep his money machine in the TV money.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:59 PM

beermonkey…You may well have answered your own question.

It takes very little for him to turn up and it gives many fans the line of “if he didn’t care, he wouldn’t be there”.

I don’t doubt that he cares, he does have a large chuck of money invested in the club. Whether he cares too much about what he sees in another matter altogether. Based on how little he’s done to improve our playing style, I’d guess he’s not too bothered.

Tsunki…Do you recommend lubricant?

• Average_Contents

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Beermonkey

Because he’s a sociopath. Most dictators are. They love to see the fruits of their labour and by sitting in the ground he gets to witness it first hand, up close and personal.

He revels in it. Look what I’ve done and there’s not a thing you can do about it.

• hibbit

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:02 PM

i think the clubs 5 year plan is divide and conquer…….it works on here

• Tsunki

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Ibiza if by ‘ lubricant’ you mean a 17 year old single malt then yep I’m all for it.

• Tsunki

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Average. – ‘ look at me, peasantry of the idle welfare classes of the grim north east, I’m ruining everything you have left to enjoy – you can’t do a thing about it, and there is no chance I’ll ever get my comeuppance! Never I tell you, neveeerr!’

Something like that?

• beermonkey

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:08 PM

tsunki

I once had to goto Taiwan on business and thought I would learn a bit of Chinese show a bit of willing as it were
    I was completely confused and gave up thank god there education system is far better than ours as they all spoke English

• Mister Tuff

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:08 PM

ibiza – as you say we have nothing to lose against City -I would be happy if they did.
    Carver has announced they have a plan will be interesting to see whether the plan works or not.
    If we get trounced, we’ll hear the same old comments “well it was City look at their players” or similar.
    You surely do have to level some blame at “the board” for not buying suitably over the last couple of years (for board let’s be honest – substitute board for Tubbs).