Carver Hints At Getting Three Year Deal As Head Coach

We’ve said before that John Carver is trying to talk himself into the job as head coach and that’s needed because so far his results have been nowhere near what’s required to get the head coach job on Tyneside – but we could be wrong on that.

john carver on sideline in blue

John Carver – I could be getting three year contract

This is what John Carver has said and it seems that he has talked to the Newcastle hierarchy:

“I’m preparing, I’m getting ready for the summer preparations for next season.” “I think the whole process in the football club, and this is my opinion, is thinking long-term. “

“I could have a contract as head coach for three years and be thinking long-term, but this could change.”

“I have always thought long-term, long-term, long-term…the conversations I’ve had with Lee Charnley have always been long-term.”

“We have had a session on pre-season dates, the dates for returning, it is obviously a shorter summer break this year.”

“And as for venues, we haven’t decided where we’re going, but we’re talking about different options.”

“I don’t directly get involved in the player’s contract situations, because it doesn’t really concern me, but I’ve given my opinion on what my thoughts are.”

Maybe I’m the only one, but I would be disappointed if John Carver was appointed the head coach.

But it would be a very easy and simple appointment for the club, because they could continue the path they started with Alan Pardew.

That was before Alan seemingly got a bit fed up with the system, once he knew in December that no players were being brought in last season.

And when the Crystal Palace job opened up he was gone, and rather quickly too.

We have nothing against John personally, but think he just doesn’t have the required ability or experience to be a good Newcastle head coach, who could keep us in the top half of the league table.

And if he does get the job long term, it’s certainly not because of the results on the field.

The other way to look at this is that preparations must take place now for any summer tour, but usually that’s Lee Charnley’s job.

What do you think?

Note: Will Leversuch is a final year University of Greenwich student conducting some research into the marketing of Premier league Football Clubs. As part of that work Will needs lots of questionnaires filled in – see if you can help him by filling out this short questionnaire – thanks.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Please God no! This sounds horrifying.

• Marty-Toon

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:41 AM

If they give him a contract it’ll backfire big time ,with the fans not turning up for games and more unrest.

• the white tino

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Wouldn’t have him coach my son’s team terrible coach but if it happens could be the turning point for the masses against the slug!!! We won’t sign one player or a decent coach this summer as it’s well known the way the slimy twat is running the club Aarons to leave in summer too, if we won’t pay wages other clubs will,best financial figures only suits 1 person THE SLUG!!! We need salt poured on him and rid our club of him NOW!!!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Same old Same old
    Forget Garde, Benitez and the rest of the managers mentioned on here the truth has slipped out Carver is the future.
    Buy cheap players with potential sell on and crocks who have failed medicals at other clubs.
    Should be sponsored by Poundland

Not looking forward to today’s game – sadly I think we will get beat – cannot see any positives to take.

Half the team out for the rest of the season.
    Have not beat a team at home by more than one goal.
    Not scored a goal in the first 25 minutes of any Premieship game this season
    Had more goals scored against us from open play than any other team this season.
    Not scored a goal direct from a free kick this season.
    Have not had a penalty awarded for us this season.

Makes a sorry list of readings

How the hell have we 32 points !!!!!

Relegation battle coming in May

• Jay K

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Safe 2 say if he gets the job season ticket will b gone

• Marty-Toon

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:46 AM

If I had the money to buy out ASHLEY there’s actually not so much I’d change in the clubs structure.
    Get proper advertising around the ground bringing in extra funds.
    Build a good side by not selling off the best players and adding one or two quality players each window.
    Oh and get a new coach,show some ambition and bring some life into the club

• Reyantoon

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:50 AM

JC…..thinking of 3yr deal ?
    AHA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!

• Jay K

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Charlie what about stevie Taylor’s goal against burnley in the 15 min

• The overrated Frenchman

Feb 28, 2015 at 9:36 AM

I keep thinking what a pity he missed when Bellamy threw the chair at him..

• Sav

Feb 28, 2015 at 9:46 AM

The secret is, don’t criticise, be grateful and don’t ever rock the boat. Simples. What a job description. The club wants continuity. The fans want change.

• ToonMatt

Feb 28, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Marty-Toon, Carver will be in charge next season, No money will be spent and 50,000 will turn up to every home game, Nobody will stay away and the fat slug will be here for at least the next 10 years.

• G peart 83

Feb 28, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Depression what this club has become

• Sav

Feb 28, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Shame is carver’s not a bad bloke but he’s in a job that’s way too big for him and it would take a stronger man to admit it.

• lochinvar

Feb 28, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Carver in charge ?
    That’s the equivalent of appointing Al Murray the Pub Landlord to Manage the Ritz.
    Not a good idea.

• tynesidetommo

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Actually this would be hilarious if it wasn’t so frightening. Frankly a three-year deal would be three years too many.
    So glad I had the balls to give up my season ticket.