It Was Fitting This Player Got Newcastle The 3 Points

We don’t know where Newcastle would be if the great Papiss Cisse hadn’t managed to get 11 Premier League goals this season for us, and Papiss has scored more than one third of Newcastle’s 32 goals in the league this term.

papiss cisse scores aston villa

Papiss Cisse after scoring his 41st goal for Newcastle

Selling Papiss this summer, there’s just no way Newcastle should do that – but as we all know if a club comes in with the right price for any player – they are gone – and gone quickly too.

Cisse’s overall tally for Newcastle is 41 goals and 10 assists in his 106 appearances since joining the club from SC Freiburg just over three years ago.

This is what Cisse has told the Chronicle tonight:

“I just have it in my head each week to work in training.” “I like to score for my team.”
“It’s not easy to get three points and the Premier League has not finished yet either so we must keep going.”

“It’s a hard league.” “The team has been down and we need to get back up.” “It’s good to be up there.” “But it’s what I work for in the week at the training ground.”

“I say to the players if you have it give it to me.” “Maybe in a game I will only get one chance.” “But on Saturday that one chance gave me the goal that gave us the 3 points.”

“There was only one cross and I scored.” “It was a great day and we’re happy with the three points.” “The most important thing for me was the three points because the team needed.”

“The staff also needed the points because it wasn’t easy for them last week.” “It wasn’t a very good game but we have the three points.” “The gaffer said before hand that we needed the three points.”

“The players had that in their heads.” “I’m happy to have 11 goals.” “But the most important thing is three points.”

And in the Newcastle annals, Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley, Andy Cole, Shola Ameobi, Rio Ferdinand and Nobby Solano are the only ones who have scored more than the 34 Premier League goals Papiss has banged in  for Newcastle.

Maybe Papiss can get is another goal on Wednesday night against Manchester United – a win in that game would be great.

Note: Will Leversuch is a final year University of Greenwich student conducting some research into the marketing of Premier league Football Clubs. As part of that work Will needs lots of questionnaires filled in – see if you can help him by filling out this short questionnaire – thanks.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Sliema

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:55 PM

I think you’re being very kind to the “great Papiss Cisse” there Ed. He did very well when he joined and has done very well this season, other than that he had a huuuuuge gap in the middle where he was absolutely pants! Don’t forget that Ed. I guess you’re just a positive guy. Haha.

• darrylwe

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:00 AM

• lesh

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:35 AM

Shearer’s comments about boxes not being taken up next season should make Ashley think a bit – especially when the national media get to work in the story.

• lesh

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:37 AM

Darrylwe,

I agree with your comments whole-heartedly.

😉

• Shaker Shakrah

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:39 AM

Rio Ferdinand ?????????????????? 😛 😛 😛

• Thump

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:58 AM

@lesh: Oh christ, that means Ashley’s going to beat us with a stick when he gets back in.

Quick, under the stairs!

• nut meg

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:45 AM

Apologies if you have already read this but just have the coaches been doing all this time !!!!!

• nut meg

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:46 AM

should read just what

• mikeyconcon

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:53 AM

Never realised Rio scored more than 34 own goals playing against us…

• Ron Knee

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:57 AM

nut meg
    I was just about to post the link. Is it April Fool’s Day?

• nut meg

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Ron
    I’m struggling to believe it’s true. Surely the coaches right away through the club should have detailed information about each & every young player that’s in their group & yet he hear’s it from a scout !!

• Ron Knee

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:19 AM

nut meg
    Still, he’s only been back for four years. Rome wasn’t built in a day!

• nut meg

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:27 AM

Ron
    Aye that’s right………I wasn’t on that job.Rome could have been one of Ashley’s five year plans…..slow but sure.

• Thump

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:39 AM

@nut meg: …I wish I didn’t read that.

• toonincheek

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:50 AM

Logical to assume, then, that Ameobi hasn’t practised
    corners in Carver’s time at SJP, otherwise he would
    have seen him and known.

• Santon03

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:07 AM

even when we won, they still attack. Relentless!!

• catchy in norway

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:08 AM

talk sport this morning, Danny baker and Neil Warnock,

it was pointed out that all 3 of palace’s goals came from Warnock’s free kick routine

got to laugh don’t you

• Santon03

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:10 AM

even when pardew was in charge, Sammy didn’t take any set pieces.

• catchy in norway

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:18 AM

lesh

to answer a question from yesterday,

I seriously dislike Charver, I don’t think he has any idea how football should be played,
    pardew could say the right thing at the right time , but could not keep track of what he had said , that’s what got him in trouble,

charver has no clue what to say, all he knows is pardew blew his own trumpet a lot, so he thinks that’s what he should do,

he can take credit for the win all he likes, but what he is taking credit for was a poorly set up team that was playing against a team that was better set up but had no confidence, and that team is all set to go down ,

colo, janmaat and cisse , deserve credit for the 3 points

im disgusted in hearing that charver didn’t know that Sammy can take corners, he has been the attacking coach for 4 years now, why didn’t he know,

the guy is a prize turkey at best