Defender Is Our Man Of The Match

After 700 votes cast by Sunday morning, Fab Coloccini was leading our poll for Man of the Match – but now Daryl Janmaat, who laid on that great cross for Papiss Cisse to score,  is our Man of the Match for the vital win against Aston Villa on Saturday with 36% of the vote.

daryl janmaat villa

Daryl Janmaat in action on Saturday

Here are the results of our poll for Saturday’s game, and the much needed win takes Newcastle to 35 points from 27 games played.

We no face Manchester United on Wednesday night, again at St. James’ Park.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Aston Villa?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Pleased that happened
    Otherwise Toonbrother would have blown a gasket

• dazzler

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Jeff

He has been unusually quiet after a good showing from coloccini at the weekend. I wonder if he’s still shell shocked.

• beermonkey

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:36 PM

jeff

he was very quiet on sat
    we should have rigged the vote so he won

• Ibizatoon

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:37 PM

Funny how this thread automatically makes us think of toonbrother 🙂

My guess is he’s been busy voting for Janmaat since Sunday morning.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:37 PM

25 voted for Obertan !!!!!!!
    In the words of Rafa Benitez “ES INCREIBLE”

• Belfast

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:43 PM

Yes the voting polls on here are always a bit weird.

Jack the ripper would probably get 25 if he was on there.

• LGFUAD21

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Jeff from Benwell

I was one of them. although i was being facetious.

Obertan could have had an alright day if he actually wanted to take the shots on.

He could easily have dragged the number of shots on target up for us but he is terrified of taking a shot.

Apart from that. Absolutely nothing about this game interested me. I couldve been asleep at half time but we got the valuable points.

The extent to which Carver keeps talking about lobbing crosses into the box worries me. Proves he is a dinosaur and I want him to have nowt to do with us next season.

• catchy in norway

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:50 PM

lfg21

r u mad

look at his game and tell me what he does that equates to justifying a place in the team ?

his sprinting ability gets him into great places, his ability and decision making get him into trouble.

id play Raylor on the right side every day ov the week ahead of him as he thinks like a footballer, and not a French coward

• croftus5678

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:52 PM

cisse/colo/jan all deserced motm esp the first 2 as its prob the best i’ve ever seen them play tbh !

abied/colback/sissoko are the only cm’s we need to be choosing from if there not available we need to change formation to suit better players imo.

cisse is an automatic pick for me and so is cabella when available.

• Malta Mag

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:13 PM

20 years ago before I left “Blighty” for the “Rock” me and a mate attended a meeting at the Manors where a couple of hundred supporters met to discuss the declining atmosphere since the introduction of all seater stadiums. With the help of “the Mag” there had been a concerted effort to bring in singing sections to improve the match day atmosphere. At the time I was a season ticket holder and was traveling regularly to the away games where, as is the case now, the atmosphere was magnificent. The problem, as with most clubs was the home games. Now 20 years on, we still have not addressed the problem and it hurts me when we are out sung on our own patch. Crystal Palace have shown what can be created with a few hundred hardened supporters yet our own reputation for being “the best” is slowly being diluted.
    Can the powers to be at our club not see the significant advantage of having a vociferous crowd backing them at every home game? I’m 55 now but you try shutting me up at a game and I’ll have your throat!! I’m back on Wednesday and I’m in the Gallowgate corner where I hope there’s a few willing to let rip. In the meantime instead of kicking off about all and sundry on here why don’t you put a bit more effort into putting pressure on the regime to “bring back the noise?”
    What about a Facebook page? “Bring back the noise – NUFC”. Let’s give it a go.

• davis_toons

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:07 AM

“Would happily fire every englishman involved with the playing side. Englishmen know nothing about football.”

.pls do not insult my idol KK.
    He has got a modern mindset for the game of his erra.

We need a modern man to coach us.