Carver Making Progress – Moves Closer To Job – Ashley Delighted

You can never accuse John Carver of not being a great PR man for ….. well – John Carver. 😀

john carver in dugout

John Carver – Mike Ashley delighted

After the game on Saturday Carver has said that both Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley came down to the dressing room and congratulated the head coach and the team – and John said Mike was delighted with the way things are going, and that they had a nice private conversation.

This is what John said:

“Ashley was pleased.” “He came down with Lee Charnley. We had a discussion, which was good. He’s delighted with the way things are going.”

“Without going into details – it was a private conversation – I did speak to him, and it was a nice conversation. He was pleased. He still feels like everybody else does – we needed to win that game.”

“He understood what it meant. There was so much pressure – he felt the pressure himself.” “We all did. That’s the type of people we are. We’re winners – we want to win.”

“To come down there and have a real nice positive conversation was great. I haven’t had many conversations with him, because he’s the owner and my job is the head coach. But when you do have a conversation, and it’s a nice conversation, it’s pleasurable.”

“Of course he is kicking every ball. You can see that. When he came to the football club I saw that. When you get involved in football and you like football, you have this drive and enthusiasm and he has still got all that.”

“I spoke to him after the Hull game. I’ve had one or two messages from him. But I don’t need to speak to the owner and he doesn’t need to speak to me.

“I have a line management through Lee Charnley and we speak on a daily basis and that’s all I need.”

We think what’s happening is that everything positive that John Carver sees and is complimentary to him  is being reported to the press – by John himself.

This is John’s record so far – and it’s what Mike Ashley is presumably delighted about.

CompetitionPlayedWonDrawnLostGFGAGDPoints
League1934121835-1713
FA Cup100101-1
Overall2034131836-1813

We suppose we cannot really blame him for putting himself forward all the time, but in truth we would be really shocked if John Carver became the permanent head coach at Newcastle, especially with his mediocre record so far.

That would surely be a step back for the club, even though John is a Geordie and all that good stuff.

But we’ve also been shocked at what Ashley’s has done in the past at Newcastle, and he’s known to promote from within, just like he gave the MD job to Lee Charnley after Joe Kinnear was sacked early last year.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Tsunki

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Hmm.hard to tell where carver ends and Ashley starts.

• ilovetoon8788

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:12 PM

He’s the biggest arse licker I’ve ever seen at this club. His media interviews are getting to the point it angers me

• Big Pappa Cissé

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Carver slowly morphing into a plastic Geordie .

Just another puppet .

• GeordieTwo

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:19 PM

JC. Legend in his own mind. Did you lot know he worked with Sir Bobby? Really? You did? I’m amazed.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:20 PM

JC will be planning his post ManU interview already.
    “I thought we gave them a good game. Their first goal looked offside to me. Willo was tying his laces on the second one. That shouldn’t have counted either. If we had have gotten a shot on goal I’m sure we would have scored.”
    Beautiful JC.

• lesh

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:21 PM

What a tw@t!

• Belfast

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Unbelievable Jeff!

He’s a bigger ass licker than Pardew

• Bri

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:25 PM

I am really starting to dislike Carver in fact he makes me sick with all his bullshit.

• geordie157

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Would nice to go a few days without carver talking a lot of rubbish.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:26 PM

JC is available at a very low price to Mike. He will take anything offered as a wage. Mike loves it. And we’re still in 11th place. Mike loves that as well.

• NezzaNUFC

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Aaaaaahhhhhh man massive Mike got fined £7,500 I guess the summer transfer window is out of the window! 🙂

• Thump

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:35 PM

For fscks sake, man. Just shut your bloody mouth, Charver.

Wonder how the press will spin this. “Don’t like southerners”, eh? Don’t like Geordies either, apparently.

• optimistic prime

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:36 PM

We’re winners, ahajahahahagagahaaaha

• spitfire_

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Oh, great, after the previous head coach, there is another “winner” at the club… Or maybe he mean wiener?

• GeordieTwo

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:39 PM

So everybody else is wrong and Mike and JC are right apparently.

• NezzaNUFC

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:39 PM

Every time JC talks to the press I always get shivers down my spine

I can’t believe a fellow local lad will give up his soul and passion for NUFC just to ass lick MA & LC to get a job which he isn’t good at all at

JFK – Pardew – Carver! it seems the manager/head coach list is getting worse and worse, if Carver finally wipes MA ass and gets the job next season he should be announced as a adopted MACKEM because only them want the worse for us.

• Thump

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:40 PM

@GeordieTwo: I’m available at a significantly lower price and I could do more than this muppet.

“Well bugger me, who could take a corner? Right lads, corners. 3 turns each.”

Proper problem solver, me like! 😉

• Roppa

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Carver is correct when he says that Ashley, Charnley, & he himself, are all winners.

The fact is, they are all winners – but it’s at the expense of our beloved NUFC and its loyal fans.

Disastrously, they – the 3 of them – are the only winners (along, of course with Shxt Dirxxt); and the bewildered losers are the City of Newcastle & the legion of fans who watch on helplessly whilst the Club & its culture is unceremoniously desecrated by the 3 illustrious winners!

• spitfire_

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Btw this show how delude Carver is. He obviously thinks that “to be winner” mean “to want the win”… Well then everyone is a winners… because who want to lose? Well except the previous head coach at the cup games. But nevermind… to be a winner means to win things… not to want to win…

• NezzaNUFC

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Just imagine a few years ago Newcastle was a popular city and was well known for NUFC

now it’s an embarrassment to the city

• NezzaNUFC

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:46 PM

from Carver I’m waiting for the famous Pardew quote

” I’m a very good manager me”

I’ll give it a month 😉

• Lindisfarne

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:53 PM

We are all winners JC.

I wanted a win at the weekend to, but understood that there was a good possibility we would lose, or at least not win. Fortunately you won, I won and we all won. Wheres the pressure?

• banjax

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:57 PM

Carver should be judged by the wins under his reign -up to now the results are nowhere – near good enough. For me it will be a mercy to finish safe in the Premiership because we will have dodged a bullet and taking more chances with Carver will be asking for trouble. Carver is a good servant to the club and an asset to the next Manager !

• Lindisfarne

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:01 AM

JC:
    “Since I’ve had this position I’ve not thought about going down I think about going up.”
    “There’s no way I’ll allow us to go flat, it’s about getting as many points on the board as we can.”

And when asked about his record since taking over, he said: “We’ve lost one in five – that’s my positive slant, but others will say we’ve only won two in nine.”
    “The Villa victory took a little pressure off with a first home win.”
    “Maybe we can all not slacken off – but relax a bit more and be a bit more open, though not as open as we were at Manchester City.”

He is not the only Coach or Manager to talk in up beat generalities but surely if he really wants the job he would attempt to describe what he is actually trying to implement, without the trade secrets of course (if there is any more than having worked with SBR)

• Shot Bru

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:03 AM

Banjax…Carver will be head coach next season.

• Shot Bru

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Next seasons footballing philosophy, as with previous seasons, will be to avoid relegation.

• Lindisfarne

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:15 AM

Avoid relegation, spend as little as possible and sell anyone who gets a good offer made.

• Sav

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:50 AM

And to think some people thought Pardew was bad…
    Of course, Pardew was Manager, while Carver is just Head Coach but I wonder what the difference in salary is? Ashley loves to get them desperate, whether its a recalled KK, dragging JFK back from the dead or recalling Pardew from the shadows, that is Mashley’s style. If JC doesn’t nail this job, where would he go from here? He is ready to be a total company man for Monster Mash.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:12 AM

Looks like celebrations north of the border may be a bit premature. Looked as if owl heed and Leach were out the door – but Tubbs has played an unexpected ace by giving the second part of the loan – looks like it’s up in the air again.
    Link:-

• one fine day

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:25 AM

At least he has gone ten minutes without mentioning Sir Bobby . Of course mike is delighted … we are bang on to finish in 11th.
    No messy European games to worry about and no need to lash out bonuses to staff for finishing 10th .
    Carver is hitting his K.P.I ‘s to perfection.

• Reyantoon

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:50 AM

So if he wins tonight, surely the permanent job is his then, shame on you!

• one fine day

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:57 AM

Reyan,
    That’s a big “if” mate.
    if a win tonight possibly hands him the job then it will be the first time ever I have watched us beat man utd and be heartbroken .
    fun times these

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:59 AM

I wouldn’t wish Dave King on my worst enemy and I don’t even dislike Rangers!

…think they are playing with fire up north!

Anyways this is not a Rangers nor a SD blog the last time I checked. Any news on our front?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:05 AM

Read the discussion earlier about Ashley…most admit I can see what Cyprus means so some extend.

The thing I don’t understand is for Ashley is would be the most lucrative to finish between 6-10 – as high up as possible of course. It’s not about how much you spend but on what you spend it …and who you let spend it.

But we seem to be a 10 to 14 kind of team. Not as lucrative by any means. This is where I have lost the Fat One!

As a supporter I want us to be a top 6 team, but that is not going to happen under this management!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:09 AM

I think JC has the job already…it’s for him to loose, but the Man Utd game won’t be the decisive factor!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:10 AM

And so I have the blog to myself it seems!

…ay least I’ll be talking to a sane person 😉

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Just read we might be looking at bringing in an out of contract player with the injury to Haidara!

…now why was it so important Santon was loaned out now with us only receiving £4M in the summer? We could easily had got that anyway…or even better had kept him and given him a new contract.

We are not making money on this deal and it could end up costing us alot…just like the JC appointment.

• Ron Knee

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Good morning, Jesper!
    We must be in the same time zone.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew