Youngster Takes Center Stage – Wants To Repay Newcastle’s Trust

With Papiss Cisse out for seven games due to his suspension,  Ayoze Perez seems all set to take center stage again for Newcastle United, in place of the 29 year-old Senegal International striker.

ayoze perez flicks it home

Ayoze Perez scoring his sensational goal against West Brom
How did he do that?

And the 21 year-old has already showed his can score some good goals in the Premier League, although those five goals were all scored last year,  so maybe he can get his first goal this year at Goodison Park on Sunday afternoon.

Ayoze won the Tenerife Sportsman of the Year award earlier this week for his exploits at Newcastle this season, and at the ceremony on Monday night he had this to say about his short-term future:

“It would be a mistake to start thinking that leaving now – it is too early. I’ve been at Newcastle for a few months and I’m very happy. I continue to work as usual and I’m in no rush.”

“I just think about helping the team and returning all the trust they have given me. Everything else, if you keep working hard, sooner or later it will end up coming.”

Perez does not seem to be phased by big clubs being interested in him, and he seems to have his feet firmly on the ground, and he turned down Real Madrid and Barcelona to join Newcastle in the summer – because he had more chance of playing first team football at Newcastle.

He’s played 29 times this season for the Newcastle first team, and he was told during the negotiations that it was up to him to show he was good enough to play in Newcastle’s first team – and he’s done exactly that and improved a lot already this season.

That will only help Newcatsle get some good young players through the door this summer, as they see they will get every chance to play in the first team, which is not always true at the bigger clubs.

This is what the youngster has told Diario de Avisos today:

“The truth is I can’t ask for any more because 2014 was a great year in every way. It is wonderful how things have gone in no time. It has changed my life, as from almost not playing in Tenerife to playing in the Premier League, the jump as been great.”

“I have progressed so quickly and things have changed so much. As I said, 2014 was a great year for me and I just hope that 2015 follows the same line.”   “There are ten pretty important matches to come and it is a tough schedule.”

“It is true that we have not been consistent, but we want to try to finish the season as high as possible. We want to end the season with a good feeling before starting to prepare for next season.”

Spoken like a true team player, and Ayoze seems just a smashing lad who is thankful to Newcastle for giving him his big chance.

Certainly it seems Ayoze is a big star back home in Tenerife, and we can only assume Newcastle United is now one of the favorite clubs over there.

Ayoze will have a huge opportunity to show how much he has improved at Newcastle this season, over the last 10 games of the season.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Average_Contents

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:09 PM

That’s at west brom ed, sorry.

• Average_Contents

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Good to see common sense prevailed when deciding his fate “he should of turned away and spat” “his lips were pursed in anger”

Can’t believe manure’s defence was to imply he’s a serial spitter. Fcuking jokers.

• lesh

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:35 PM

At least Perez doesn’t seem to have been leant on to join the pro-Carver spin….. yet.

Give it time and he’ll be thanking and praising Carver for the world-class coaching he’s had!

• Marty-Toon

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:53 PM

The picture of him scoring is against West Brom.
    He can’t be expected to be at Cisse’s level,especially when the wise one will play him alone up front.
    He’s a bit greedy around the box and often loses the ball but hopefully that’ll come with experience .
    Riviere is the one that needs to step up to the grade.
    Armstrong could also get a look in.
    The injury problems at the club are something that’s been there for many a year,they’ve never sorted it out.
    Thought this new lass that was helping out at the training regimes was to be the difference for us and seemed to work wonders at the start of the season,did she get Pardewed or Ashleyed?

• Average_Contents

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Marty

She was last season. Faye Downey.

This season it’s that bloke we got from everton. Dave bellows.

Both have managed to do absolutely fcukall to help lol.

• Marty-Toon

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Average
    You’re right there that she was last year.
    She actually had a good start but this years been an absolute joke of a campaign.
    Must say though if i had to play under the clowns that run the club i think I’d be taking my time getting fit to play alongside a load of championship players 😉

• jimmysmith

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:37 PM

If Newcastle can recruit as well this off season as they did last, and have a better run with injuries, and why not, then we surely would be looking at a better season to come, as season really has been a bust, injury wise, then you’d have that solid progression the club claim so persistently is the plan. It seems to me that is more important than a new coach, or perhaps that the ownership may view it that way.

I quite like Carver. He seems to prepare the side well, he’s vastly experienced at the club, and he’s a Geordie, which is great. Looking at Ashley and what he’s done at Newcastle, I wonder if this isn’t our best most realistic outcome.

• BandB

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Do you imagine us getting anything out of the Everton game Jimmy?

I can’t see why not.

• Graeme

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Is there any truth in the rumour that J Carver Esq is now in line for the Nobel Peace Prize??

• jimmysmith

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:05 PM

I always look forward and usually with some optimism to away days at Goodison Park, BandB. Two great old English clubs, of similar stature. It’s a great fixture. This time Everton are struggling a little, needing to keep an eye on two competitions, and will go in having played tonight, while we are relatively fresh and will go in under no real pressure at all. So despite our lack of goal threat, and injuries, I give us a decent chance. Then again I pretty much always believe we can get something. What else can you do?

• BandB

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:17 PM

jimmy

I never predict thrashings. It is bad enough it could happen without our fans wishing it.

I might moan bit a about old Thingymybob during the week, but I never go in for defeatist talk within sight of the enemy. It seems a bit negative.

I think a point would be par, and a win would be great, cos as you say, they have a bit on.

Also, like you, I don’t see how it hurts to wish Carver well.
    I mean, if folks are absolutely sure the club is going to bring in a “top” coach regardless of what he achieves, there’s no need to wish defeats on the poor man.

I fancy us to squeak it.

• BandB

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:20 PM

What sort of people want to see us get beat, just to prove a point?

• DG MAGPIE

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Hey Guys… But of off topic info needed.

I have tickets to the Derby game. What is the best way to travel to the stadium (with girlfriend )

Drive as normal

Or

Metro from Newcastle

Cheers guys!

• lesh

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:46 PM

DG

St James’s Park is two Metro stops from the Central railway station – assuming you’re travelling up by train.

If you plan to drive on the day, you could get a spot in an car park in the centre of town and walk to the ground or get on the Metro (yellow route).

No matter how you’re travelling you can’t miss the ground (aka ‘the cathedral on the hill’) as you near the city.

Hope that helps.

Ps, bring something warm, it may well be cold.

• Sliema

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:28 AM

DG

Manors car park is always my choice. It’s a 10 minute walk but a nice one right through the centre of town with the hustle and bustle of the test of the faithful to guide you and to share the atmosphere with. It’s also much cheaper than the nearest car parks and allways has spaces. I’d recommend that.

• lesh

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Yes Sliema, good call about the Manors car park.

• The overrated Frenchman

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:53 AM

Band B. I want us to get beaten every time we play. My loathing for Ashley, Charnley, Carr etc. has become that strong. Whether we win or lose is largely irrelevant. There’s no prospect of anything other than early cup exits and a mid-table finish at best. Ashley has us on life-support to stay in the PL purely and simply – and that’s no life at all. I went to bed after the Citeh trouncing with a smile on my face, happy in the knowledge that the result must inflicted pain on those I despise. The mindless ones who are going for the ride get what they deserve. Wor Al might be a Shearer by name, but only Mike Ashley can fleece 50,000 sheep in one afternoon. When they arrive at the abbatoir they might have second thoughts about having played their part in this gruesome slaughter of a once proud football club.

• scout

Mar 13, 2015 at 5:51 AM

Park in pennywell, wear full replica strip, have a stereo playing jimmy nail music very loud, wave a large black and white flag give yourself 5 hours to walk down to the SOL.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Overrated Frenchman,
    If Ashley’s aim is to just stay in the Premier league as you say (not disputing this part) then why would it have ‘hurt’ him when we lose to City? He will have been pretty confident of staying up regardless of the result there so I doubt it will cause him too much anguish.

• Small World

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:24 AM

Quick lets get onto this guy. Looking for a football club in England (or Italy) and worth £22Billion dollars

• lochinvar

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Best way to travel to the Mackems game ?
    Take The Tardis – as you are travelling back in time to a different planet !

• sing in the corner

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Tentative optimism sneaking to the surface..
    It might be a good time to play Everton (!!)
    Baines, Hibbert, Pienaar, McGeady are all out injured. Gareth Barry is suspended. They might be a bit tired from last night.?
    I’m going for 1.0 toon
    Howay….?
    Nah,,, HOWAY

• firebug666

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Small World

Wouldn’t that be fantastic if Wang Jianlin was to buy Newcastle, however one of the things he will be looking at is the price, and greedy Ashley’s price will be too high.

The Fat Man puts off all potential buyers, how deep seated has he got Sports Defect within the club? What I mean is any potential buyer may have to deal with Mash Holdings first to buy the club, and the Sports Defect to wrest back other rights like merchandising.

Just a thought.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:47 AM

SITC,
    Most weeks this season have been a good time to play Everton. The problem for us is going to be getting that goal. Everton are there for the taking at the minute, but who is going to finish the chances for us.

• sing in the corner

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Step up Monsieur Riviere…this is your moment. Tinge of desperation, I know

• The overrated Frenchman

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:49 AM

Lilongwe Geordie, I take your point. But still, a howking like we got at Citeh is not good for business. Makes it difficult for the bilge rats like Carver to make a case that the team is anything but rubbish. Ashley needs to maintain a veneer of sincerity about being competitive to avoid anarchy. He’s skating on thin ice, and he’s a fat bastard and all. This squad assembled by Carr, Charnley (and others) is absolute rubbish. It’s never far away from a complete implosion. So results like 5-0 must start the sweat running down the brows of all those culpable, because they know full well they have no margin for error.