Palace, West Brom Gain On Newcastle – Sunderland Hammered 4-0

Crystal Palace easily beat QPR at home today 3-1,  and they were 3-0 up at half time and in the nine Premier League games Alan Pardew has been in charge of the team he has five wins and a draw –  against Newcastle.

sunderland hammered 4-0

Sunderland hammered 4-0 by Aston Villa at home
What happened?

That’s 16 points from nine league games – and the game before he took charge was another draw so since Pardew left Newcastle, Palace have more than doubled their points total in 10 games, after having only 16 points after the first 19 games.

On the other hand Newcastle have gone from 26 points after 19 games to 35 points after 28 games – that’s only 9 points from 9 league games under John Carver – and we are at Everton tomorrow.

So Palace have gained 8 points on us since the Everton win when Pardew essentially lefty Newcatsle – but we do have the game in hand tomorrow.

West Brom beat Stoke 1-0 at home and also move to 33 points after 29 games played – just 2 points behind Newcastle.

So with both West Brom and Palace having gained momentum under their new managers – they could even catch Newcastle before the end of the season.

West Ham remain 4 points ahead of Newcastle after they were beaten 3-0 at Arsenal today and Stoke remain 7 points ahead of us on 42 points, after their loss at West Brom.

We could really do with a (rare) win tomorrow at Goodison Park.

And alarm bells will be going off at Sunderland after they were beaten 4-0 by Aston Villa and the Black Cats were 4-0 down at half time.

That’s three wins on the trot in all competitions now by Villa under new manager Tim Sherwood, and two league wins in a row.

And Villa are in the semi-finals of the FA Cup too when they will play either Blackburn Rovers or Liverpool at Wembley.

In the 14 games on the road before today’s game Aston Villa had managed only 4 goals in total, but they doubled that in the first 44 minutes at the Stadium of Light this afternoon, and  many fans left the ground before half time.

Sunderland will think they can get another 3 points on April 4th at home to Newcastle, about the only team they can beat these days in the Premier league.

But they will have to stop the rot in their other games – otherwise they could be in deep relegation trouble – they are currently only 4 points above the drop zone with a poor goal difference of -20.

They have only 3 draws from their last six Premier League games.

Late Update – with Burnley beating Manchester City 1-0 at home tonight, they are now on 25 points – only one point behind a slumping Sunderland side.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Ron Knee

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Burnley are a much better organised side than NUFC.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Thats on a level with Sean Dyche is much more ginger than John Carver.

• Ron Knee

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Explain.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:09 PM

The stats tell the tale. 9 points from 9 games under Carver. He’s a true point a game man. That should give us a massive 38 in a full season. Think about that Ashley you idiot.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Ron Knee
    Did you attend the same course as Geordie 2 ?
    Advanced Whinging for Bores

• Ron Knee

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:17 PM

It’s usually spelt “whingeing”.

• Munster Mag

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:21 PM

As the more moderate intelligent posters have said,pardew isnt half as bad as the loonies screamed. An average mgr, allowed to manage his own way,doing very well. People said he would always be craven to ashley. Well when his moment came he wasnt.he got a new job, on far more money at a club he loves. and we now have a worse manager. Great.

• cyprus

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Well, if you lads want Poyet he’ll soon be available

• Ian Toon

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Munster – you know my thoughts. Pardew was never as bad as many insisted. It sticks in the craw of many that he left of his own volition.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:43 PM

I spelled it that way on purpose
    You’re half way ‘twixt a whinger and a whiner

• Mister Tuff

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:44 PM

*********HOOTER/KLAXON********

The Master Multiple has arrived.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Bye the bye the past tense of spell is spelled

Spelt (Triticum spelta), also known as dinkel wheat, or hulled wheat

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Fook me Burnley 1 Shitty 0

• Ron Knee

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Cracking goal!

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Burnley 1 Man City 0

• Ian Toon

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:49 PM

His detractors most convincing argument for change was always for a more attacking, ambitious style of football. With Ashley holding tightly onto the purse strings this always seemed detached from reality. For Ashley risk-taking/cavalier football means little compared to cash cow tv money.
    Pardew seemed happy to oblige hence fan dissatisfaction. Maybe just endless existence without any real ambition to excell. Looking at the FA cup this season – we could have had a good run.
    However,” the be careful what you wish for”, has landed us with JC.
    We all want real change and the younger fan can see the future without Ashley but it increasingly seems on here that the older fans just become more morose and bitter.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Been a great weekend thus far
    Wales won
    England also despite a really dodgy French ref
    The Mackems humped at home
    Burnley beating Man City

• BandB

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:53 PM

One can always laugh in the face of adversity Ian.

My day was made by the Sunderland fan who told TalkSport he was staying to the bitter end.

So he’d miss the traffic.

• Ian Toon

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:01 PM

BandB
    Good stuff. I hope Hubris will remember it’s Mother’s Day tomorrow. I am driving north tonight to be with me Mum.
    606 can be a real larf with fickle football fans – Arsene Wenger used to get a right pasting.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Man City running out of time.
    Anyone fancy Pelligrini as manager ?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Ian…we are just glad that he left! Would we have preferred he was sacked last summer? Of course!

…don’t think for one minute just because he is doing fine at Palace at the moment that you hold the higher morale ground…you couldn’t be mistaken more!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Looks like Abeid is out of tomorrow’s game and next weeks game against Arsenal.
    F***k’s sake what do we do in training ?????

• BandB

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Ian,

I think most women could feel some grim pleasure in the sight of AP flouncing off with his middle digit extended as he traded up to a better life.

But while he was here, he toe-ed the party line while he rebuilt his reputation to the stage where he could jump ship.

I find that harder to admire. Had he stayed, he would be the man he was then, not the manager he is now.

• toonking

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:14 PM

munster

for a fan to understand why managers alone will not have much effect on how a team does, there is no team with greater proof than England, fabio cappello himself was a great manager at clubs and therefore we expct him to go on and take england towards semi finals of world cups, but due the amount of foreign players and such aful youth set ups England themselve are still performing awfully at world cups.

Over the last couple of weeks pundits themselves have started to come out asking why the hell fans are still going to the games, today they accused ashley of running us like a buissness and continuing to do so whilst we still continue going and remain in the PL, now it’s times the fans themselves learned that this squad is a just too sh1t a squad no matter who comes in as manager and basically it will remain the same until we see true quality arrive.

players like perez, arrons and abeid might all look decent but the truth is they don’t have to put much effort to start with because who is next best? The answer is obatan, rivere and sammy. basically rubbish championship players that would even make ones like shola look good enough to play!

• BandB

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Also Ian,

You are a good lad coming to see your mum. I hope you (and she) are looking forward to it.

I wish you would not niggle away at the Hubris thing. It just leads me to be mischievous back.

How many mum’s do you have, by the way?

• Ian Toon

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:20 PM

BandB- I guess he had pressure from his missus and children at school etc to consider. It’s nice to have options but for many they don’t always exist. Life is often hanging in there until a better alternative arises. I have not had any contact but I wish him well. He always came across as a decent human being but with a big ego. The only other toon manager I had any contact with was Fat Sam , admittedly when I was a youngster but he is a pig of a human being as well as not being a good manager- in my opinion.
    Jesper- I can live with an alternative opinion. Even yours – I am joking! Glad to hear that Alfred is doing well.
    I don’t wish to fall out with you. After all as a qualified architect with 5 years study at Uni and at least 2 years in professional practice you clearly are not a duffer. Even if you know Nowt about football — again that was a weak English Joke.

• Ian Toon

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:25 PM

BandB
    I don’t follow how many mums do I have,. I don’t mess about with married women because I was brought up proper like.
    I have to go – I think I am probably missing something- if so forgive me.

• Belfast

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Brilliant result, mackems absolutely shitting themselves now haha

Hope Burnley stay up.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Evening all,

I really hope Burnley avoid the drop. Huge win for them today.

I’m definitely going soft in my old age. My automatic thought was I’d like the Mackems to go down this season, but I actually gained a lot of respect for how they’ve handled themselves over a few recent situations and now it doesn’t quite feel right.

Still, they are Mackems. B*ll*cks to it, down they go.

• Ian Toon

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM

PS – I promise not to mention Hubris ever again.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Actually, on second thoughts, I hope Burnely go down.

There, balance restored.

How’s things Belfast, you little legend you?

• Belfast

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Stop agreeing with me you swine.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Belfast…I promise you, it was a surpise for me.

I feel wrong. How can something like this happen? This blog has made me more like you.

Ed…Expect to hear from my lawyers.

• Belfast

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Burnley have a really tough schedule though.

• Belfast

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Well Ibiza, I would usually say great minds think alike, but I’d be lying.

I’m great, you’re not.

• BandB

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:35 PM

I was just thinking you must have at least three.

The one who called you Ian. The one who called you Carl. And the one who called you John.

Never mind, they all managed to pass the same distinctive opinions to you.

I want us to chat about football and forget about all that old multiple stuff. Whereas most people seem to wish you’d just p*ss off.

The Hubris stuff is offensive, because you are glibly poking fun at adult stuff you don’t understand.

So, I hope you will stop. I also wish they’d stop ticking other people off about talking politics, while behaving like Harry Enfield’s Tory Boy themselves.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Good, as I said, I want them to go down.

Try not to cry about it.

That really does feel better.

So, what chance do you reckon we have tomorrow? Probably should say, which Newcastle do you think will turn up tomorrow?

• cyprus

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Ian, man,
    Pardew’s football was the worst I’ve seen at this club. And I’ve seen dross.

• BandB

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Ian,

Okay. Wish I’d seen that first.

I will never get that cross with you again.