Carver Has Huge Injury List – But Who’s Running Newcastle?

John Carver seems in over his head at the moment,  but it’s not John who is responsible for the condition of the Newcastle United playing squad right now – it’s those above him who let their experienced manager leave when Lee Charnley admitted Alan Pardew’s request to leave came out of the blue, and they didn’t have a plan to replace him.

lee charnley mike ashley standing

Charnley and Ashley – these two are  responsible for this mess

So why did they let him go?

The business always takes precedence to an individual’s’ wishes – that’s one of the first things you are taught in business school.

The Board let a manager go half way through a season with no plans to replace him and what happened – Newcastle have not replaced Pardew.

Well not until the summer,  because a suitable candidate wasn’t available after they had let Pardew leave – but Alan left after 19 league games – exactly half way through the season – so did they think we’d just have to (somehow) get by  for the second half of the season?

And when they knew Steven Taylor was out from January 1st for the season with his Achilles injury, and we were already a center-back short because we let Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa leave last August  –  why didn’t they bother bringing in center-back  reinforcements?

We’ll soon find out there is plenty of money available when last year’s financial results are released.

We feel a little bit sorry for John Carver – because he has been put into a  job simply because nobody else was available – and he is now struggling with it – and it’s a job he has never done before – not in the Premier League.

It’s not unlike what happened to Jak Alnwick earlier in the season, and that was caused by lack of planning to only have two experienced goalkeepers for the season, and  without the ability to recall Karl Darlow from his loan at Nottingham Forest.

So Jak was the only one left – so he had to play for eight games.

Do they ever think these things through?

And the cost of that lack of foresight is now starting to manifest itself, and we just hope 35 points will be enough this season – since we are quickly running short of players with Colo having got himself sent off today for a ridiculous challenge and will be suspended for three games.

This is what John Carver said after the game today:

“I’m not Harry Houdini and I can’t magic something up but what I will do is give it everything.” “I’m in a situation where I am working with the group of players I’ve got. I can’t bring in a magic wand and bring in anybody from the outside.”

“I’m losing people – not through silly training ground injuries through silly yellow and red cards that are mounting up.” “I have a huge, huge injury list back at St James’ Park. I am working with what I’ve got.”

“We have already spoken about losing Coloccini which is taking the numbers down even more.” “I know the situation I am in – I will get on with it and work with it and I will continue to work with it until I am told otherwise.”

“I can’t throw the towel in, I can’t, I am the leader of the dressing room.” “The one thing about it is they haven’t thrown the towel in yet – that’s for sure. Sometimes your best is not good enough but at least they are having a go.”

“I will make sure by not being negative and that will rub off on them. Hopefully we will pick up some results.”

Well we suppose it’s good news that our players haven’t yet thrown in the towel yet.

How much are we paying these guys again?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• firebug666

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:36 PM

You seem to forget Ed, Carver wanted this job, almost begging in public for the job, claiming he was the man to change things and move Newcastle forward, He was planing finishing 8th or 7th or 6th and why not he says.

The why not is simple, Carver is just not up to the job.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever, he got what he wanted, and in doing so he has failed to give the fans what they wanted.

Proper dickhead.

• jimmysmith

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:50 PM

It’s been hinted at, and suggested, that Ashley wants more open attacking football. A more saleable product. Pardew was often circumspect and reluctant.. It seems in hindsight, now that Carver is setting us up that way, and dropping points, that he had good reason. Its an unforgiving league. Not sure Ashley, Charnley and even Carr fully get that, nor Carver strong enough to resist them.

You’d think Collocini might have hammered the nail in his coffin anyway there today, and maybe his own as well. It was a truly derelict challenge under the circumstances.

• Average_Contents

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Firebug

Basically correct apart from the fact he did beg in public. Let’s not also forget he used Sir Bobs spirit, I’ll do anything and I’m a geordie. Tit.

lol @ Proper dickhead. Gave me a chuckle which I needed especially after that poor excuse for competitive football. How much do I owe you bud.

• scout

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Hopefully we will pick up some results!!!!!!

Did he really say that?

Imagine a top manager coming out with that, sounds like hes buying and selling cars.

Unbelievable

• scout

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Carver got the job because he’s the cheapest option. End of story.
    He wont get the job, not a chance.

• optimistic prime

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Ed the title should be

Who’s ruining Newcastle?

• joeinthecheapseats

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Time to go time to go John.
    Teams a disgrace no future under Ashley NCO worst Nufc teAm since the 80s

• Average_Contents

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Jimmy

Haha. More open and attacking football? Another chuckle. Thanks jim.

I’m not paying you though as it’s not that KIND of funny. More exasperating laughter at imagining us trying to play this way and you thinking we try. Is that what you see, seriously? Can I borrow your gigs please lol.

I’m trying to be polite and to my credit I think I am as I value your often well thought out views. This time your way, way off the mark mate. Horribly so infact.

• beermonkey

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:01 PM

jimmy

pards alluded to the fact that Ashley wanted more attackin style
    we all know what flannel he used playing on the front foot blah blah
    all the time we have willo colo saylor in the back line we will never play attacking football cos the rest of the team have to make up for there weaknesses
    and that’s without working on the basics that we don’t do in training

I have absolutely no faith in the owner and his cronies to do whats best for the club
    I just cant see new head coach coming in and when were in sh!t around the end of nov carver will get the sack and we will scrape the bottom of the barrel and start again

• Average_Contents

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:04 PM

Scout

Unbelievably yes. Reach for the stars eh johnny boy. Imagine listening to THAT. No wonder anybody decent wants out. Reach for the stars. Sif. Reach for fcukall and you’ll get exactly that. The club’s a fcuking disgrace.

• jimmysmith

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM

I’m speculating that he’s trying to play in a more expansive and entertaining way AC, as directed by his masters, and perhaps dictated by his own philosophy, and the league is finding him out for his naivety. Glad it gave you a laugh anyway. Ha!

• Average_Contents

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:13 PM

No speculation needed jimmy. It’s their for all to see we most definitely are not. Pretty poo showings so far and no improvements whatsover no matter what johnny boy says. I have two eyes and they work lol.

• Belfast

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Get your coat braveheart. The men in white coats have arrived

• Belfast

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Plenty of fires to put out where you’re going

• jimmysmith

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:22 PM

I see us attacking and playing well in patches, not taking our chances and getting punished. And I see two or three plodders in the line up, and a couple who are still developing as the reason why. I think the squad remains patchy and incomplete, and if the owner wants a more attractive product he’ll have to stump up for a few better players and sadly, for JC, a local lad, a better coach. Of course, Ashley being stubborn, flinty, whatever he is, you doubt it’ll happen..

• G peart 83

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Carver will still be getting his 10 grand a week I would defend someone who was paying me that much

• geordie157

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:26 PM

So do we get to see what satka can do now or will Janmaat move to centre back?

• Belfast

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Where the hell is Curtis Good?

• Average_Contents

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:28 PM

How do we know nothings changed? Well as I said I have two eyes but here’s a little example for you – we have a free-kick at 2-0 down, in a dangerous area and what do we hear from the dugout? “willo willo” it might not of been carver shouting it (it could of been) but it’s his responsibility as he’s head coach. If he didn’t want it launched to willo then why not change it up. Obviously this is a set piece and not open play but I’m sure you get what I’m getting at. He has no philosophy. He’s winging it and WE all know it, HE knows it but sadly the powers that be do not. Out of his depth.

• Thump

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Does anybody else find it interesting that Colocinni has a habit of picking up daft red cards around derby day? Funny that.

• Average_Contents

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Jimmy

Jam tomorrow. We’ve been waiting around for this “magical tomorrow” and it’s never arrived and likely never will. There’s more chance of a politician being honest and that’s saying something. Pasty faced twats 😉

• Average_Contents

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:36 PM

And injuries. Uhhhh me back. When’s the next flight Jonas?

• Average_Contents

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Am off. Sleep deprivation isn’t good for the body so I bid you farewell jimbob.

• mindcompressor

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Actually Carver can do some magic – he can just disappear. Suddenly. That would be some magic. In that mess, anyone can be “head coach”. Nothing to say to the board, no respect in dressing room, no support from fans… So, it doesn’t matter who is taking money for “head coach” position.

Ashley killed this club – no player who was brought here would die for NUFC. No serious manager will come to this club under Ashley’s regime.

Look at Colo – did some silly foul and he will have some break from this pathetic situation. He knew what he was doing IMHO and wanted to go to dressing room already.

I think players got enough and gave up, so they are waiting for the end of season and their agents are looking for new clubs for them.

It is all fault of the board, Ashley screw oxygen to this club, so everyone else suffocate and there is no growth, only agony.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:31 PM

An 8 yr old child would positionally organise a team better than way we ended up today. Were an absolute Fkn joke at times. Makes u sick the stuff that goes on. Carver like jfk in disguise at minute. Looks miles out of his dept. Won’t get any better till ashtakes off though

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Sissoko on wing col back at full back and Gouffran n jonas in cm id love to here the explanation on that. Shocking stuff that altogether

• Tsunki

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Just on coloccini and his going missing for derby days thing – didn’t appear in either of last season’s, missed one the year before, will miss the next one. Funny for a guy who never seems to be injured/banned in between those dates. Great showing for a Captain, chicken in out for the big one. Instead of Colo, I think I will call him Pollo.

• Tsunki

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:47 PM

By the way I jumped off the blog earlier because of all the threats and bodily harm offers bring chucked about freely. I’m all for banter but when it sinks to that, I’m not in for it.

• Tsunki

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:49 PM

El Pollo will have played only two out of six derbies in the last three seasons.
    😐

• stuart no9

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:52 PM

The one worrying factor as far as I am concerned is that we are getting worse week after week . No hard lines No bad luck , no body getting in the box if the ball did happen to get that far up the pitch , no waiting before we give someone a right tonking , this is it , a team void of everything a football team needs to compete or at least give the opposition a game . While we fall into our annual decline – burnley and the likes are picking up points playing decent stuff .we need 40 points , I just can’t see a win coming . We all had a good laugh at the mackems yesterday , however give the fans credit for the way they told the manager and the guys in charge they are not prepared to put up with rubbish . Leaving their seats and ground ( and they had already bought their tickets ) is something we should learn from, not turning up in droves to watch dross. We will never learn .

• The overrated Frenchman

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:53 PM

Things aren’t all bad. I had a punt on Everton to win 3-0. And apparently the extensions to Graham Carr’s holiday house are coming along nicely. Who says Manu Riviere is good for nothing?

• JP...from The Rock

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:12 AM

Thanks for my early Birthday Present Carver!! Now go fcuk yourself and take your mate Ashley with ya!

We’ll be lucky to be in this division come summer. A whole new team and backrrom team is needed ASAP. Players that actually know how to pass the ball and know how to play football. We only have a handful of good players and we need at least 10 good new ones!!

Rant over goodnight!

• toonincheek

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:17 AM

The Houdini reference was spot on.

Remember, Houdini was not a magician, he was an illusionist.

Enter Bishop & Co., drafting statements for all and sundry.

• lesh

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Firebug

Carver was begging for the HC job but despite that, any senior manager worth his/ her salt would have protected Carver from himself and gently told him that for the sake of his own self-esteem and dare I say it health, he wasn’t going to get it, however temporary.

By all means, let him stand in on a caretaking basis until the main man’s formally appointed (assuming Charnley’s even got that far – and if not, why not?). Instead, they give the poor sod the carrot of showing he’s up to it when we all knew he wasn’t, despite his protestations about working with Bobby Robson and Pardew.

Ashley and Charnley are responsible for the state the Club’s in. Short of players of Prem standard – for whatever reason, an interim HC who should never have been given that responsibility which is way way over his head and the inevitable exodus of the few quality players we have.

Ashley of course won’t give a shit, after all the accounts won’t be hit for bonus payments. A cynic may think he’d even engineered this situation to save a few quid…… no, never in a million years would he. Or would he?

I feel sorry for Carver, he’s been passively encouraged to take on the interim role by not being discouraged. He’s therefore been exposed as a poor coach with no aptitude for the bigger job of managing a top side. He’s been hung out to dry and his nights will be sleepless, his credibility in the dressing room on the bottom. The players may like him as a bloke, but Head Coaches aren’t payed to be liked; they’re paid to get results.

Given Ashley’s ‘leadership’ over the last eight (million?) years, I’m amazed that SD makes the money it does – unless Ashley’s got some bloody good senior management around him.

• Toon Tang

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM

Ultimate bollocks of monolithic proportions. Today’s MOTD2 was the first highlights!!!?? I’ve seen in a month. I haven’t been bothered in the slightest with watching us or even anything remotely footy related such is the deflation this bunch of absolute jockstrap joker nuggets has bestowed upon me. I only caught MOTD2 tonight to see sunlun’s first half shenanigans and mass walkout hahaha.

Cant wait for the derby either hahahhhaaaaaaahhha jesus christ almighty will be like watching 22 bald headed hermaphrodite trolls with no arms or legs trying to scrape a lucky deflected O.G in from a goalline scramble.. Fcuking joke of a game that will no doubt end in us getting nailed by 3 again.

Take me back to the chuffing 90’s pleaaaaase, someone, I will create the 1.21 gigawatts needed…..

• Sav

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:09 AM

1. Pardew was allowed to go because Ashley got 3 or 4 million for him (depending which report you believe).
    2. Carver was hired because Ashley’s greed left Charnley and Carr were left totally unprepared to hire anyone else.
    3. Carver was hired because he was cheap and he was here.

In truth, Colo must be stressed-out playing alongside Williamson. He is a good guy but there can be no other Prem footballer so reluctant to receive the ball. That nervousness places the whole defence and midfield under pressure and results in many more long balls (with consequent loss of possession) than need be.

Add to that today’s midfield with Gouffran like a primed grenade. Gouff has been off form ALL SEASON. Why isn’t he dropped? And for JC I’ll spell this out for good measure….don’t start Obertan or Riviere ahead of Perez or Cabella. Never ever.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:30 AM

I do not necessarily lay all the blame at Carvers door – the malaise at SJP is firstly Mr Tubbs -and the second raters he hires.
    Looking forward to next weekend -one certainty is that Arsenal will give us a good walloping.

• leonado_keng

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:39 AM

I’d like to know when Newcastle United fans will gather to show the power for protesting for the policy of Mike Ashley and pressurize him to sell club. He think “business growth” only in his brain , however we own the money to buy tickets every weeks we should not buy tickets and force him stop to destroy club , even this way is not the right thing for supporters but it is not useful if we will give him to manage this club

“Pain in my heart”

• The overrated Frenchman

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:51 AM

Leonado you are quite right. Despite the naive language your post just about sums it up perfectly.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:27 AM

Loeonado

It wouldn’t really matter to Ashley if he had an empty stadium week after week.

He is a billionaire and would just use the lack of revenue as a tax loss.

You can protest and boycott as much as you like but he will only sell the club on his terms.

Our best hope was him getting Rangers but I doubt if that will happen now.

I’ve been waiting 55 years for the good times to happen at the club but unless there is a miracle I won’t see it in my lifetime.