Papiss Cisse Turns Down Senegal

Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse has told the new Senegal coach Aliou Cisse,  that he is not fit to play during an International break later this month.

papiss cisse scores aston villa

Papiss Cisse after scoring against Aston Villa

Cisse and Newcastle United have taken the opportunity with his seven game ban, to have knee surgery to remove a pin from his knee that has been bothering him all season.

Papiss will now have some rehabilitation on the knee in the next few weeks, and hopefully that will help him from now on, since he’s felt discomfort with the knee all season.

Papiss broke his knee cap against Swansea in April of last year, and he had pins put in the knee to strengthen it during the recovery process.

This is what John Carver has said about the surgery:

“It’s something that we were going to do anyway,” “It’s not a big problem with Papiss’ knee – this was maintenance that was always going to be needed. They’ve removed the screw so it’s been sorted.”

“I really don’t think his knee is a big issue now. If anything good has come out of his seven game ban, it’s the fact that we can do this now.”

There will be a friendly against Ghana in Le Havre for Senegal, but Papiss will now obviously not be  part of the Senegal squad for the game.

A source close to Papiss has said this in the Senegalese newspaper Waa Sports:

”Papiss is beginning to get fit but he will not be present in the upcoming friendlies,” “Newcastle needed him and he had quickly taken the matches but he only played to 70% of his abilities.”

“Now he will enjoy his suspension to upgrade and return to top form for next season.”

Papiss was in the Senegal squad for the African Cup of Nations in January, but made only one substitute appearance.

Papiss may only have been at 70% of his abilities this season because of the knee, but he has still scored 11 Premier League goals for Newcastle in just 19 appearances, and he’s going to be a big miss in the next seven games.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• headtheball

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:01 AM

IanToon aka Carl/JohnBoy et al

Reading one of your Gems once is quite sufficient for me thanks. Please don’t repeat them post after post!
    You know it makes sense.

• Ron Knee

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Jesper
    I fear you’re right. We never seem to take advantage of our opportunities. And without Cissé, who’s going to score for us? Rivière couldn’t hit the proverbial barn door. (That’s an anti-Hubris comment!)

• Ian Toon

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:21 AM

headtheball- you came up with don’t let Mrs Browns’ boy drive you away carry on posting.
    I took your advice.
    I fancy us to come away with the 3 points against a hostile inward looking crowd.

• Ian Toon

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:23 AM

We’re you being sarcastic ?

• beermonkey

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM

what carver missed frim his statement
    for his new club

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Ron…I fear so to 🙁

…nemesis is a bitch – just ask Ian!

• headtheball

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Ian Toon
    I am against anyone repeating posts. Why do it? Perhaps this old phrase could help
    Once a king always a king but once a nights enough.
    Keep posting but no repeats please.

• Dennis Twice

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Attack Toon attack, attack!

• firebug666

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:06 AM

I’m quite optimistic today, think we will get a boring 0-0.

• Ian Toon

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:10 AM

headtheball – you gave good advice before. I have not forgotten.
    Thanks for your time.

• lesh

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Headtheball

Please don’t slam Iantoon for reposting – talent, particularly fine prose shouldn’t be suppressed.

Iantoon, make sure you don’t overdo the Laudenum that provides your inspiration that helps you pen such verse…..

Harrumph

😉

• lesh

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Jesper

Nemesis a bitch? Narcissism can be a bigger one!

• lesh

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Firebug

Does your optimisim also translate into not losing by a great margin?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:43 AM

Narcissism is a form of Hubris wouldn’t you agree lesh?

…nemesis follows hubris and with that comes catharsis!

…and that’s a real bitch 🙂 just ask Ian!

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Team I expect Carver to use:

————-Krul
    Janmaat-Willo-coloccini-Taylor(r)
    Cabella-Sissoko-Colback-Ameobi
    ———Riviere-Perez

Team I hope he uses:

————–Krul
    Janmaat-Willo-Coloccini-Gutierrez
    ———Taylor(r)-Colback
    —Sissoko-Cabella-Riviere
    ————-Perez

Throughout the season the only capable and reliable people for crossing the ball has been Janmaat, Sissoko and Ameobi. I would have put Ameobi on the wing instead of Riviere but I think Riviere needs a bigger run in the team and apparently he is good in that position. Sissoko for me is best on the wing, if he loses the ball-which he does alot- it is less likely to affect us due to him being out wide. Not central. He just seems lost in midfield, first touch really bad at times. He is a very good crosser of the ball and he will still be able to make those runs at the fullback. I believe he would do much more then Obertan. Im pretty sure he got most assists last season for us when he played on the wing.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:10 AM

If we setup like the team I expect Carver to use then I think we will lose 2-0. Sissoko really worries me when he plays in a two man midfield because if he loses the ball then they will most likely be onto our defence straight away. The LB position really worries me because Raylor couldn’t handle Di Maria and Valencia and I believe he would struggle even more against Coleman and whoever there winger is. Not sure if Mirallas is fit but I know McGeady isn’t. I would rather Raylor played central midfield because we could really use his passing range to find Perez and Riviere’s runs in behind. Something only a couple of players have tried to do.

I believe there goals will come from an error from Sissoko and a cross from our RW. Lukaku brace. He always does well against us.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Waheeey. Blog killer.

R.I.P blog. 2007-2015. *Cries*

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:19 AM

I would like to say a few words:

Firstly, im awfully sorry Ed, and every other poster out there. Words can’t describe how badly I wish I could turn back time. My intention was never to kill the blog, it was to offer a different aspect of discussion. To open up a doorway td different debate.

But then the unthinkable happened. I posted to much. I scared every one away and I am now rotting with the blog. *head in hands*

*whispers* ‘what have I done’…

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:19 AM

*to

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:21 AM

That horrible moment when you realise you have wasted your time by trying to communicate to fellow posters. All those paragraphs. All that blood, sweat and tears. For nothing… Oooh the feels.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:22 AM

What do you call an elephant that doesn’t matter?

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:22 AM

C’mon guys this is an easy one…

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:24 AM

*in a different voice*

I have no idea IrishGeordie9… Please tell me what it is im riveting with excitement.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Ok ok IrishGeordie9 slow down. Dont all come asking at once. Im one man you know!!!?

The hugely anticipated answer is…………………………………. Irrelephant.

Which is quite fitting since that is exactly what my current posts are.

• Lindisfarne

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Geordie John, can do no wrong
    He even put a bath mat on.
    Oh Geordie.
    Oh Geordie John-n.
    He even put, put a bath mat on.
    Oh yer.

• beermonkey

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM

that’s not very funny

• firebug666

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM

lesh // Mar 15, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Firebug

Does your optimisim also translate into not losing by a great margin?

I don’t see us as scoring today mate, but Everton could, today will be another fine defensive set up by the Carver man, 11 men within our own 18 yard box for 90 minutes and try to hit them on the break.

We have nothing to offer in the last attacking third, so I think we will park the bus and go for a draw.

Having said that I always hope we snatch win. 😀

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I think im going mad.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Yep, I think I have officially lost it. So there are people in loo loo land. Hi guys… Three people posting at once. Woooooooooooooooooo

• Lindisfarne

Krul
    Janmaat Iron Mike Collo Jonas
    Obertan Anita R,Taylor Ameobi
    Riviere Gouffran

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Lindisfarne

I agree until you get to the Sammy Ameobi just behind the strikers. Cabella in strike? Ermm, using your team selection surely if you swapped those two you would have a better outcome?

• expatmag

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I watched them midweek against Kiev and I thought for the first half an hour, they were well off the pace.

If we can catch them early, score first, we have a chance of getting a result. They like to get both their full backs forward so our wide men will be doing an awful lot if work.

Everyone talks about Lukaku being the danger man but Willo has usually done well against him. Naismith will be a danger in his link man role between the midfield and Lukaku.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Expatmag

Lukaku has 4 goals against us in 5 games. Pretty sure Willo featured in all of those? Might be wrong though.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM

I love how we have a flurry of options in the LB position yet none of them are actual LB’s. None of them are good there either. Then you get Janmaat on the other side who is more the player then those three put together. (Colback, Raylor, Gutierrez).

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Beermonkey

Hey you’re right!!!

It’s not funny at all… Its hilarious!

He he he.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Oh no… It’s happening again.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Why do I bother?

• lesh

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Jesper

Ouch, even I felt that!

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Unless someone is writing a massive paragraph (which I doubt) then I have a question.

We complain about the fact that there is no communication between the club and the fans. Yet when there is an oportunity for fans to interact half the time they are just ignored. I think half the problems are down to the fans aswell as the club.