Carver – We’ll Be Up For The Arsenal Game

John Carver gave some interviews after the comprehensive 3-0 defeat yesterday by an Everton side who had equaled their biggest win of the season in the league when they beat Newcastle 3-0, and the last time they did that was when they beat Aston Villa at home on 18th October – so you understand why Everton fans were so happy after the game.

roberto martinez john carver before 3-0

Martinez and Carver before the game yesterday

It was the opposite reaction from Newcastle, who have lost their last two away games by an aggregate score of 8-0 and had 10 days to prepare for each of the two games.

There’s not too much interim head coach can say with players picking up suspensions and red cards.

Yesterday we had Fabricio Coloccini sent off and that will likely be a three game suspension for the captain, although we expect Newcastle to appeal the red card.

This is what a shaken John Carver said after the game yesterday and he was anxious to say the lads hadn’t thrown in the towel:

“They haven’t done that. They have fought until the end. There was a lot of disappointment after the game and usually, we leave them for a couple of days, but I asked the guys if they had anything to say, and two or three did.”

“It was sensible. I won’t name names, but they had something to say. There weren’t tea cups thrown, they were sensible, and examined it well.”

“We have Arsenal next, and the way we are, we will be up for that. We had a two-way conversation, a controlled conversation, and we will review it all on Tuesday.

“I can’t be down. I have never thrown the towel anywhere, and I won’t do it here. I want them to be positive.”

“I told one or two not to say anything, and it was nice that others did come forward. I’m not a dictator, I’m very open-minded. I listen, and I take on board what is said.”

John may even be too soft with his players, because it was indiscipline that got Colo  sent off,  and the same thing happened in our last game when Papiss Cisse was suspended for seven games for spitting.

Newcastle are in a very weak situation as far as the playing staff goes, and our next two games are at home to Everton and at Sunderland,  but there are almost three weeks before the Sunderland game – so we may have Mehdi Abeid available for that game.

If we lose that one there will really be alarm bells going off at Newcastle and the Board may even have to bring in a more experienced coach – if one is available.

Newcastle are down to the bare bones as far as the squad goes, and we suppose Daryl Janmaat will need to play center-back and notice we will not bring Davide Santon back from his loan at Inter-Milan – because Newcastle are getting loan money for him and it’s likely the deal will be made permanent in the summer.

Mike Ashley’s obsession with making money is costing Newcastle once again, with our squad always too small and struggling again towards the end of a season.

It’s not a good outlook for the last nine games of the season and let’s hope we can pick up a couple of wins from somewhere.

Don’t forget that last season we lost seven of our last eight games starting with a 3-0 home defeat against Everton on March 25th.

🙁

Things are not looking good and that’s an understatement.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• catchy in norway

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:07 AM

out of bed ?

• Ron Knee

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:10 AM

I’d love to be a fly on the wall when Charnley and Carr next meet. Will they say: ‘How stupid of us to appoint Carver and not strengthen the team when we had the chance.’ Or will it be: ‘Great team selection. Rivière, Obertan and Gouffran were so unlucky.’
    Ultimately, we have to blame Ashley for the mess we’re in, but he must have relied on the invaluable advice of Charnley and Carr when P45 walked out.

• banjax

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:12 AM

Gutless players. Clueless management. Whilst other clubs progress, Newcastle moves backwards. The heavy price for not replacing Pardew and players is now being paid and as usual it is us supporters who have to pay the price. What a load of crap and a relegation battle looming !

• Ron Knee

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:22 AM

banjax
    It’s a case of here we go again, relying on three teams to perform worse than us.

• Shot Bru

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:30 AM

It’s only a matter of time before Carver explodes under the pressure.

• firebug666

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:31 AM

From Previous Thread.

Average @3

Nothing mate it’s all free.

Those idiots that appointed Captain Carve-up and the geriatrics to run the team are ultimately to blame for the state we are in, but Carver put him self forward, making claims of how (because he’s a Geordie, and he worked with Sir Bobby) he is the man to take us to the next level.

I wonder if he meant the next level down? No wait he said between 8th and 5th.

Yesterday was the worst I have seen us play, we were a total shambles in every department, and that is down to Carver and his coaching staff.

I don’t know what they are doing in training, but I do know we are unfit, undisciplined and unable to string two passes together.

Think Arsenal will hammer us now.

• musomag

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Never mind being a fly on the wall, a bomb on the wall would be far more beneficial.

This once great club is being destroyed on a weekly basis by an owner who couldn’t give a Fcuk and and a head coach who is clearly Sunday league level at best. Disgraceful performances and pathetic behaviour from the ‘players’ obviously isn’t helping much either…even that clown Poyet will get a result against us next month.

Absolute pile of shite.

• magicbus

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:38 AM

I just wonder how close we are going to be to 18th position in the Premier League come the end of the season as I just cannot see where another point is coming from playing like this.

• geordiemark

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:40 AM

I blame Ashley 100% but I also blame charmley and carr he doesn’t get out of it that easy either

carr might be looking at the players but the majority of his signings haven’t been up to standard at all

relegation yes I can see it coming this season I cant see us wining any matches at all under carver, Ashley needs to sell up and get out before the fans go really off there trollies

• geordiemark

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:46 AM

musomag

carver couldn’t sort out a under 10s 5 a side game never mind a premire league match

• The overrated Frenchman

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:49 AM

How do these people look at themselves in the mirror? Ashley, Charnley, Carr and worst of all Carver. The Geordie who “loves the club, bleeds black and white” but takes his wedge and tugs his forelock, saying nowt to rock the good ship Mike Ashley. I couldn’t do it. Not for all the tea in China. Imagine going to bed at night knowing you are despised by tens of thousands of people around the world. It must take a certain type of personality to shrug that off and pretend that it’s all just business as usual.

• Sav

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Its not a good outlook for the last 9 games only by your reckoning, Ed, and by mine. But by Mashley’s agenda, it is all going swimmingly.
    I wonder is it like this working in one of those companies Mashley acquires from time to time? While the alternative is no work at all, your terms and conditions are torn up in front of you, half the workforce is sacked and those remaining have to do the job of two people, clinging to their jobs. There’s no investment in replacement plant and machinery, the offices are allowed to go to hell and after 6 months of everyone walking about like condemned men it is all finally sold off for scrap and you realise your putting up with it all hoping for an upturn was all for nowt.

• magpiefifer

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:54 PM

‘Up for the Arsenal game’ – up the creek!!!
    We will probably just get enough points to stay in the Prem (just!!),but next season!?
    I’m not pleased that I’ve not renewed my season ticket but I am relieved that Ashley is not getting a penny off me!!!!

• theleckworthbird

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Up for the Arsenal game? Strange. he has been up for every game acording to himself. But look what happens. I predict Newcastle o Arsenal 4. And that really hurts me to say so/