Santon Move To Inter To Be Made Permanent In The Summer

Davide Santon’s move to Inter Milan will be made permanent in the summer, since it seems that Inter Milan wanted him to prove his fitness before they committed to making the move permanent.

Newcastle United v West Ham United

Davide Santon while at Newcastle for three and a half years

Since joining his former club on the last day of the January transfer window Davide has played regularly for the club and put in 10 appearances and he seems to have proved his fitness to those at Inter-Milan.

There are reports coming out of Italy that Davide has now reached the number of games it was agreed to between the clubs when the move would be made permanent.

Davide  played 94 times with one goal for Newcastle, and the deal at Inter will presumably now become official on July 1st – when the summer transfer window opens, and that explains why no move to bring him back from his loan at Inter was made by Lee Charnley.

Newcastle could have done with Davide playing for Newcastle through the end of the season, given the injuries we have had to both Paul Dummett and Massadio Haidara.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• AncientC

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:10 PM

The sales of Mbiwa and Santon now means the club is in the minus spend, since being promoted from the Premier League.

So, since our promotion to the Premier League, the club is around -6 million pounds on spent on transfers.

Quite ridiculous, when you consider we play in the richest league in the world.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Since our promotion to the Premier League, the club is around minus £6 million spent on transfers.
    Quite remarkable , when you consider we play in the richest league in the world.

• Lindisfarne

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Watched Inter play Wolfsburg last week, they were a poor team and Santon did not stand out. Up to his usual out of position, letting players get past him and cutting inside to be blocked off.

• Lindisfarne

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Jeff

It makes a mockery of the line ‘we invest in the playing squad’.

• optimistic prime

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Jeff from Wales is back

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Felt sorry for Colback and Sissoko yesterday, they were out numbered and had no chance yesterday. What an awful formation and tactics by Carver. He’s taken away our main link between midfield and attack and dropped him into a more defensive role….Sissoko needs to be higher up the pitch.

Krul was at fault for the 1st goal no doubt about it bit where were our 2 CM’S. Sissoko was out of position, pushed wider and would you believe it that Colback was pressing the ball which meant he ended up behind Riviere…..leaving a massive gap in midfield for Mccarthy to do what he wanted.

Some things that made me chuckle yesterday, Obertan when injured was being hailed as a big miss by many on here, glad to see some coming to there senses and realising this guy is nothing other than shite. Raylor who again some were beating the drum for to be included showed exactly why he shouldn’t be anywhere near the 1st team and Riviere aka the french Heskey who has all the attributes most blast cisse for not having yet can’t score a goal.

This might not go down well with fellow fans but I’d take Poyet in heartbeat, yes things didn’t workout at Sunderland but that squad of players he has shouldn’t even be in the prem, they are that bad and still reeling from Di Canio’s time there

• Novocastrian66

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Jeff & Ancient C; Does that include the £2.5m we got for Pardew?

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Holy Island
    I saw them v Napoli
    He spent more time next to the opposition penalty area than his own
    Inter lost 2 nil

• JamesToon

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Our toon 6

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Poyet was appointed in the summer. Mates with dennis wise who is mates with you know who…

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Lindisfarne

I’ve seen Santon play for inter 3 times, twice as a RB and once as LB, a right footed player playing on the left will always cut inside onto his natural foot….that’s what Phillip Lahm said as he started out as a LB who was right footed. It’s only natural mate, however the 2 games I’ve seen him play at RB he’s been outstanding, very good crosses, drilled in low and picking out his man more often than not aerially!! Football went through a stupid spell of playing left footers on the right and vice versa defensively but now it’s reverting back to how it should be. I’d take half of Santon over Raylor any day of the week

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:37 PM

I wonder haven’t JC come out blaming that Krul mistake on someone else like he did with Abeid?

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:39 PM

James

I can’t see Poyet becoming manager, he’s far to outspoken, not a controllable character like the other weak incumbents we’ve previously had.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Novo
    Managers incomings go in a different column

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Our Toon #19…I disagree on that on. A modern fullback is usually played so hr will cut inside…it’s not changing where they still practice the modern version of the game.

We didn’t really understand that so it made no sense playing Santon on the left.

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Does anyone now think that Tiote or Anita aren’t a miss in the DM role?

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Jesper

Can you name any fullbacks in the prem or in europes elite clubs that play in the modern fullback role by cutting inside on there stronger foot?

I can’t think of any

• BandB

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Novo,

They go in the “you can’t count this as income” column.

• AncientC

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Nova @ 7.

The net spend on transfers was £1.25, from promotion until the end of the past summer transfer window. I didn’t take Pardew into account.

If you add up the fees for Mbiwa, Santon and the fee for Pardew, I would guess it would be close to £10 million. The fee for Cabella is probably overstated too.

I would say the club is easily in the -£10 million bracket for transfer fees since promotion.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM

I remember proper fullbacks
    Dolly Barton and Bimbo Beresford
    Heart attack every week
    Prince Albert defending on his own sometimes cos Venison had gone a.w.o.l. as well
    But any defender that lobs Schmeichel has my undying love
    What times they were ( sigh)

• Ron Knee

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Our Toon
    Setting aside Carver’s incompetence, didn’t we lose yesterday’s match through Cissé’s stupidity? If he’d played we probably would have won.

• optimistic prime

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Our toon

I’m not a fan of Tiote but he’s better in that position than either of those 2, I’d prefer to see Anita and or Abeid in there.

The starting 11 yesterday showed just how far out of his depth Carver is.

Cabella who’s made the most chances is on the bench along with our highest available goal scorer Perez, along with that Anita and Abeid are made scapegoats yet Colback and Sissoko who’ve been pants since Jan are critisism free.

The whole club is rotten, Ashley Charnley Carver and Collocini are the yellow disease ridden spine of NUFC and it’s infecting everything and everybody around them.

• optimistic prime

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Oh yes and I forgot a special mention to the Captain.

The most over rated player at NUFC by a country mile, who’s head I’d say was up his arse but more like up some lasses arse. The man has ZERO Intrest in the club, he couldn’t care less and the fact he is the Captain speaks volumes about this club.

He’s a accident waiting to happen, this isn’t the first time and it won’t be the last.

A complete joke!

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:09 PM

optimistic prime
    “I don’t rate Colback or Sissoko in CM. Both are severely lacking in ability and any intelligence to play there. Both are poor passers and can’t hold onto or win the ball.
    I’m not a fan of Tiote but he’s better in that position than either of those 2.”

You must be the only person North of the black stump that thinks Tiote is a good passer of the ball

• BandB

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:17 PM

To be fair to JC, he is in a classic middle-manager’s bind.

His immediate boss has had enough and walks. He’s offered the job

It’s not like he’s working for the council and can say: “I’ll just keep me head down til pension time if you don’t mind.”

If he doesn’t take it on, he’s out. He’s having a lash at it.

I doubt if Charnley is watching anyone’s back but his own. And HIS boss will be saying “are you saying you can’t manage? Because if you can’t….”

A lot of people must recognise this from their own experience. The “person in charge” is often just piggy-in-the-middle.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:23 PM

• BandB

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Jeff,

I thought you hated this agent malarkey. Isn’t it all yellow journalism and the like?

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Ron Knee

I don’t blame cisse, I’d hazard a guess that 95% of the population would react to being spat on or at, Cisse is no different to you or I, I would have reacted in the situation so can’t expect anything different from another person. Plus we aren’t a 1 man team, it’s a team game and playing 2 CM’s against a team that retains a lot of possession is just stupidity!!

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Jeff

Where did OP say that Tiote is a good passer of the ball? Here’s what he actually stated

• BandB

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Our Toon,

If Jeff doesn’t understand his own arguments, I think it’s very unfair of you to expect him to understand yours.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Normally BandB you’re right I can’t abide the creatures but Olaf Bonales has always struck me as a cut above the rest

• Ron Knee

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Our Toon
    If he’d punched him instead, would the penalty have been less?

• toon kk

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM

What’s clear is Carver is definitely out of his depth. But we have a very limited squad which have clearly decided to take their holidays early.
    Our team just isn’t good enough along with the training.
    Everything is run on MA tight budget and we’ll always struggle, we would have gone down last season if we hadn’t had Remy, luckily Cisse found his a abilities this.
    I don’t know where our goals will come from now.

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM

OP

We are currently playing without anyone protecting the back 4. Cast your mind back to Arsenal when alot of people said that they have a soft centre, no ball winners or players that like to do the dirty work. They changed that by bringing in Coquilian (apologies for spelling error). A ball winner is a massive game changer, both Colback and Sissoko aren’t that and tbf to Abeid he isn’t either.

Abeid said that he’s being asked to play a defensive role this year and last year he was playing behind the striker in a more attacking role. For me I’d like to see him in the box to box role rather than sitting deep

• GeordieTwo

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Well in all the excitement of our most recent tremendous performance many may not have noticed that Gus Poyet has been sacked. Just think of them lot with a new manager and lots of incentive to beat us. Johnny C. must be anxious to get at them. Patience Johnny C. we have to give the gunners a good lashing first! Huzzah!!!

• BandB

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:38 PM

I don’t know who he is Jeff, so you could have a point.

I think he probably means “Ayoze is going nowhere unless there’s a hefty cut in it for me.”

Which is still talking his man up in the media, as you were complaining of vehemently within the last 48 years.

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:38 PM

BandB

Jeff still believes Brazil is a club team. I normally take what he says with a pinch of salt but he completely distorted what OP said to suit his own agenda.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM

BandB
    This is Bonales agency – some tidy players
    I think you’ll agree

You should save this site
    Very informative

• Our Toon

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Ron Knee

I’d have punched him and your right the ban would have been 4 games….such is the poor state of our system here in England.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:40 PM

BandB
    I have never been vehement in my life
    I resemble that remark