Indiscipline Is Rife At Newcastle – In Addition To Injuries

As expected the FA turned down Fabricio Coloccini’s appeal of his sending off on Sunday at Everton,  and he has been given a three match suspension – and we’re just lucky the FA didn’t think it was frivolous and add another game on.

Fabricio Coloccini

Fabricio Coloccini – out for three games

So Colo misses the games against Arsenal, Sunderland and Liverpool, and we could have used him in all of those three games.

With Papiss Cisse having two suspensions this year – a three game ban for elbowing Seamus Coleman in the home game against Everton in late December, followed by his seven game ban for spitting at Jonny Evans a couple of weeks ago,  Papiss will have 10 matches out through suspension this year.

And when you consider he also went to the African Cup of Nations in early January, then he hasn’t been available much for Newcastle this year, and he will be available only for the final three games – when we hope we have at least 40 points.

And Jack Colback got a two match ban for picking up 10 yellow cards,  so that’s 15 matches that Newcastle have picked up in suspensions this year.

That’s in addition to the injuries we have picked up this year to Steven Taylor, Cheick Tiote, Siem de Jong and Paul Dummett, and they are all out for the season.

🙁

So we only assume that Colback, Cisse and Coloccini will receive club fines, and that John Carver will get a grip on the players and instill some discipline in them.

We were told the players were right behind John this year – but maybe John is making it all too easy for them.

He needs to get a grip on things, and we are still not technically safe on 35 points.

We still remember last season when we lost seven of the last eight games and we know anything is possible at Newcastle – good or bad.

It’s been nearly all bad this year.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:21 PM

How you extrapolate yellow and red cards (which are part and parcel of Footy life) to – Indiscipline Is Rife At Newcastle – is something of a quantum leap.
    Dr Harrison get a grip old chap

• Our Toon

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Charlie

When I mention spineless fans you my friend optimise everything that is wrong with this regime, you fear the unknown mire than the shite in front of your face that you pay to watch weekly. You are driven by fear, ruled by fear.

Hibbit – I have boycotted all products, stores, brands etc that MA is a part of, that’s being proactive not keyboard warrior as you put it. At least I can look back with some pride in 20 years time and say I did my bit to change the regime whereas you can look back and say I actually paid good money to watch my club even though they told me:

We don’t want to get in Europe
    We don’t want to win a cup pr have a cup run
    We don’t want to finish above 10th

• MacToon

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:27 PM

4 weeks (paid?) holiday. Flip flop time for Colo.

• lochinvar

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Well we derided Evans the Spit for appealing his ban which was never going to work.
    What idiot thought that Collo was going to get off – just going through the motions for the hell of it, joke.

Toon need to set standards not follow the pack.

• the white tino

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Well I’m off to see if I can find a rich egyptian to buy the toon tomorrow doubt I’ll have any luck but you never know ;-)!! When I get back it could be all rosy at the club or our goal difference been depleted by another 10 which is more likely I think

• scout

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:41 PM

ED
    JUST CLOSE DOWN THE BLOG, THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS CLUB.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:43 PM

• the white tino

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Nowhere near where I’m off too pennywell always run the risk like wherever you go this day and age unfortunately

• nomis7

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Sorry Ed but bad discipline is NOT an issue at Newcastle. We have had zero luck with pens for us, look at the first 10 at the weekend v Everton, we just don’t get them. We seem to get silly reds (colo’s was 50/50 a red), cisse? Nope etc. Etc.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Tino
    We’ve had our moments
    But keep yer heid doon son

• Our Toon

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Charlie

You keep telling yourself it won’t any difference even if no one turned up. Especially now that the PL bosses and TV companies have said half empty stadiums will be boycotted and not shown on TV s it’s a bad advert for the prem.

As said before I have no issues with those that attend to support the team, I have an issue with the majority who go to have a social day out with pals and sit silently!! If you go good and make it uncomfortable for the owner then good on you, but I assume you go to tell yourself your a better fan than most. These aren’t hard times in terms of the division we are in etc but they are really bad in terms of lack of direction or planning.

• Average_Contents

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Awww I bet Colo’s gutted he didn’t get an extra game added onto the three for the frivolous appeal. Less time at home. Bless his little cotton socks.

• beermonkey

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:04 PM

average

plenty if time to pick up a mythical injury that can rule him out if the last few games
    part of me don’t wanna see him play for us again

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:05 PM

So where are the best seats at SJP? Near the beer and Pie stand?

…or is it more important that you can get quick to and from your favorite Pub?

• Small World

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:14 PM

14 jesperfuglsang – capt’n awesome of the lemon crew // Mar 17, 2015 at 7:05 PM

“So where are the best seats at SJP? Near the beer and Pie stand?”

– You’d know if you’d ever been.

• Small World

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Our toon @11

“If you go good and make it uncomfortable for the owner then good on you,” – fine about that as long as you realise that is 2nd priority. 1st has to be to cheer on the lads..

• oldbobaycliffe

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:20 PM

quite a few season ticket holders on this blog who strongly object to not renewing their seasom ticket but . agree ashley should go but none of them can come up with an alernative to 50,00 stayng away .you have to wonder what reason it will take to give up their season ticket,if there is one because lets be honest you cant be enjoying the football

• oldbobaycliffe

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:30 PM

what position were newcastle in after pardews final game and what was the ponts position

• BoyDoneGood

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:45 PM

BandB

“So you think Carver ripped up an eight year contract to accept a six month probationary one. Do you really think that is what has happened?”

Which part of the word “if” did you not understand? I “speculated” that a condition of Carver’s head coach contract might have been that it superseded his old contract. If so… Back in January JC was advertising his keenness and capability to all and sundry. He could well have been asked to commit himself. Or not. “If…”

• the white tino

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Jeff always keep me heed down when I’m abroad costs nothing to respect other cultures and most over Egypt treat you like a king Russians and Ukraine mind you get very little joy over there

• PennStateToon

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:47 PM

How is it that we as fans (I assume we’re all fans since we all post on this blog) can tell other fans that what they do at the matches is right or wrong based on our notions of the current state of the club? After all we’re all dealing in opinions here. I think it’s a bit out of line to question an individuals fandom just because they go to a match and maybe make the best of it as opposed to screaming obscenities at the owner/manager or walking out. It’s all perspective of course but that’s just my two cents. As someone who has only been able to attend one match (Arsenal december 2013) in my lifetime, I’d like to think that although the toon didn’t win or play the best football, it was certainly an experience I don’t regret. This isn’t to say that I am happy with the current state of the club, but if given the opportunity to return to see the Toon in person, I wouldn’t hesitate

• Rotonda heights

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:54 PM

charliie

there’s nothing childish in pointing out the bleeding obvious to you.

You bleat and whinge on but you won’t give up 2 matches for the greater good. That my amigo is selfish in the extreme because you sacrifice your right to whinge by not making a stand but lapping it up.

We all love nufc, it’s our club but we’re staying away at the moment because we believe it’s the only way to hurt ashley. but people like you will perpetuate the misery by handing over your hard earned to watch this god awful s—e.

• BoyDoneGood

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Stan
    We were discussing why you stopped going to matches three years ago, when we finished 5th. I asked if you were such a purist that you couldn’t support your team unless they played beautiful football. You are right that it’s painful to watch them deservedly LOSING NOW, but what has that got to do with them “UNDESERVEDLY WINNING” then?

• Rotonda heights

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:56 PM

oldbobaycliffe

pretty much same position, don’t know how many points

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Small World …I would want to know before I get my ticket!

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:00 PM

You know after 15 minutes I just have a fancy Arsenal might do this

• BoyDoneGood

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Rotonda

You have that well and truly assbackwards. The bloke who pays for a ticket has the best right to complain. Who else has? I suggest you read the SBR quotes alongside.

• scout

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:32 PM

Would you visit a pub on a regular basis that continues to water down its beer. Weaker and weaker everytime you go??

This is the best description of what you see at SJP. Very sad.

• GEORDIE69

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:37 PM

You just could not make this up!

Club = Newcastle United

1st Team Squad to battle a Season in the Premier League

Right Back – Daryl Janmaat (Top Class)
    Right Back – Ryan Taylor (Injured for most of current season and not good enough as a full back)
    Left Back – Massadio Haidara (Raw but promising back up)
    Left Back – Paul Dummett (Not a Premiership Left Back)
    Centre Back – Fabricio Coloccini (Passed his best)
    Centre Back – Mike Williamson (Not a Premiership Centre Back)
    Centre Back – Steven Taylor (Injured for remainder of current season)
    Centre Back – ???????????

Our defence would not hack the Championship!

Absolute joke of a club!!!!!!!!!!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Rotondo
    How the F**k is it selfish to give up two games.
    starting to loose the argument when you start calling people names.
    Not everyone dances to your tune.

• damma99

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM

Arsenal playing fantastic. Six nil thumping this weekend. Carver out.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM

The only way Ashley is going to listen is if there are proper boycotts like 20k at least missing he would properly stand up and notice if 2 or 3 home games in a row this happened

Unfortunately the majority of supporters dont seem to have the stomach for a fight

What Ashley would end up doing though is making the tickets even cheaper which is then when it would require proper will power to not go and this is where I am not too confident the Geordie fans would deal with it too well

• BandB

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:45 PM

BDG

I was asking you a question. Is there really any need for your replies to me to always sound so precious?

I was trying to establish whether you are suggesting Carver may have ripped up his eight year contract and signed one that allows him to be dismissed as the result of a review after a few months, on terms disadvantageous to himself.

And whether you were putting that up

• BandB

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:46 PM

BDG

And whether you were putting that up as a credible theory.

• GEORDIE69

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM

The majority of the old school fans from the 60s 70s 80s 90s ect have walked away. Unfortunately we have too many younguns that think the current regime is acceptable and pay their money week in week out. Until they boycott, they are to blame just as much as Ashley for our current mess. He will never leave with 50-000 + fans attending every home game! He is laughing all the way to the bank.

• BandB

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Sorry for near double. Caused by a small boy in a strop.

Not you, BDG, obviously

• lesh

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Jeff….. Have you any idea if Stardust posts anywhere?

Could he be posting on here with yet another nom de plume perchance?

• p

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:53 PM

GEORDIE69 – I don’t get that mate, the club has always been a mismanaged joke.

We had a few successful/exciting seasons when we spent beyond our means and had the good fortune to have exceptional local lads in SBR and Shearer come to the club out of love rather than reason.

Despite that, the club still was always a mess, as long as I have lived.

• stan anderson

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:53 PM

What i cant get my head around is this,why would any sane person pay good money to watch the football that is churned out match after match.
    I can understand the loyalty and pride in our home team and all that,but to go home or away games week after week is just to sad to comprehend,watching 3rd rate football.

• stan anderson

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:55 PM

I suppose it could be called youthful enthusiasm eh.