Wenger – Carver Is The Permanent Coach At Newcastle

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is the longest serving Premier League manager,  having been at Arsenal since 1996, and he has been one of the most successful coaches in Arsenal’s long and successful history as a football club.

arsene-wenger-train

Arsene Wenger – Arsenal manager

And today he has given his support to John Carver to be the new Newcastle head coach, and points out that the average tenure of any permanent manager in the Premier League these days is only about 12 months, so to call John the interim coach is a little bit strange.

Here’s what Arsene said on the Arsenal website today:

“John Carver is a permanent manager. The length of our permanence today is very difficult to define.” “The average life expectancy of a manager in England is 12 months, so it is very difficult to predict how long any of us will be in charge. He has the qualities to do the job.”

John Carver has made a poor start to his timer as the head coach of Newcastle, and has only won two games in eleven, but as we all know he has not been helped by Newcastle’s  upper management who refused to fortify the squad in January.

The Newcastle coach only has 15 senior players to choose from for the game tomorrow.

Arsene himself has been under pressure for a few years at the north London club, because he hasn’t won too many trophies, although Arsenal did win the FA Cup last year and are in the semi-finals of the same competition this year and they will play Reading.

Last year Arsenal beat Hull City at Wembley 3-2 after extra time, after surprisingly going 2-0 down after only eight minutes.

Ramsey scored the winner after 108 minutes after the teams finished 90 minutes tied at 2-2.

Arsenal are overwhelming favorites to win the game tomorrow, even with Newcastle fans.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• cyprus

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Lil,
    Must disagree there. Sissoko ineffectual? Depends on what effect you require I guess. With the right coaching this guy will be better than Toure in a couple years.

Hope we keep him. Many must go this summer, he must be the first to be enticed to stay

• cyprus

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Ed,
    What did you expect him to say?

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Please can some darling repost my comment from the previous thread. Yup, 2015 and my phone is incapable of copying and pasting… I really need to keep up.

I really wish I knew why everytime I decide to post Ed creates a new thread. So frustrating.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Irish
    Have you tried switching it on and off a couple of times ?

• cyprus

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Lil, Saw your replies.
    Don’t tell me, your favourite player is Obertan! Joking, I see you’ve been in discussions in the previous thread 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:56 PM

IrishGeordie9 // Mar 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM

I hope none of you guys actually believe that we will be spending a lot of money in the summer. The club know that this season is over and for that reason they are attempting to con us all into buying/renewing season tickets. They always do it at this time of year.

What kind of club tries to con its own fans just so they can get more money. It shouldn’t be about the money. What kind of message does that send out to the younger generation? I actually sympathise for them(younger generation) because they wont have seen what football is really about. No wonder its going down hill.

Bills in the post mate. Have you tried holding your finger on the text for a second, usually it then highlights the text for copying on your phone 🙂

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Lilongwe/Cyprus

I agree with both of you on the topic of Sissoko. For me, he has great potential, but only if he is played in a position which suits him. That definately isn’t as a holding midfielder.

The times that he has looked good is when he is in the opposition half and not having to worry about tracking back… Much. I think his best role is either as a winger or behind the striker.

His power and technical ability is too good to be wasted in a defensive position. Im almost certain he got most assists (for newcastle) in the 2013/14 season when playing wide right? He knows how to beat a man and he knows how to deliver a good ball. However as Lilongwe says he cannot defend. Im sure he is only 25 so his best years are ahead of him. It would be rather naive to sell him.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Cyprus,
    I’d really struggle to pick a favourite player at the club anymore. Too many of the first team squad don’t seem interested the majority of the time. A refection of those above perhaps, but still an unacceptable trait in my eyes.

I say it almost every summer at the minute, but now seems more realistic. With a new coach (hopefully) coming in it is a great chance to actually develop a football identity. Scrap 90% of the current lot and build something new and fresh with an identity and a vision. At least if we were to do that I could accept a difficult season next year knowing we are transitioning away from Pardew, into a new era.

Sadly, under Ashley, I can’t see anything exciting or a new dawn occurring.

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Thanks Ibiza. So how much is the charge these days? 😉

Thanks for the tips but I have already tried them. When I highlight it and select copy, then paste it into the comment box it does one of two things:

1 – it will duplicate each line.
    2 – it will paste everyones comments.

I just didn’t want to post something that makes no sense haha.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Sissoko
    Wasted at the TOON at the moment needs good players around him – but they are in short supply at the minute – is being asked to do much at the minute and looks a frustrated player at he minute

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Even though I probably do that anyway…

• Lilongwe Geordie

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Irish,
    I don’t disagree with that. I’m pretty sure he did get the most assists last season. His power running with the ball is his main asset. I have never quite understood how he can be so strong running with it and weak as a kitten when challenging for it. Must be a mental thing for him I guess.

Right wing is probably his most effective position for us, however fans ave Pardew dogs abuse for playing him there all the time. He can’t thread a ball through the defence, and his shooting is too poor for him to play centrally as a number 10. I’d happily see Sissoko moved to the right, and Cabella given that number 10, see if that can change our attacking fortunes.

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Its a strange one with Sissoko. You think he does to much at times but I don’t really blame him. To extend it seems he has just given up on the team around him. You can see how frustrated he gets w he powers forward and then a team-mate messes it up because they are uncapable of passing 5 yards infront of them.

He singlehandedly creates chances for our team and I really do sympathise. However, I believe that our squad make him look better than he is. I think his level is around Spurs at the minute. With the potential to go to PSG.

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Lilongwe

I agree mate. I must admit I was one of those fans who had a go at Pardew because he played him there but that was mainly due to the fact that I wanted to see what he was like centrally. His build suggests that he should be in the middle but that counts for nothing, especially if you consider Sammy.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Irish…Don’t worry, it’s a competitive rate 😉

Technology is great…when it works. Anyway, let me know if you need my services again, I’ll work you out a good discount for bulk work.

I suppose I should join in on the footy discussions.

I’m finding it hard to have a favourite player these days. The whole mood of everything is bad. I think Janmaat has been a solid performer this year. I also like Ayoze’s attitude.

Sissoko can be a really good players for us, but he doesn’t really give off that he wants to be here.

So yeah, Janmaat or Perez for me.

That’s obviously after Willo and Obertan.

• Reyantoon

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:28 PM

I agree sissoko wasted and asked to do too much under JC,.our interim boss didn’t know how to use him.So too with Perez.Esp Perez hasn’t scored a single goal under JC.Wasted our important players.Thank god we collected valuable points before 2014.Otherwise we will be in serious trouble by now..

• Reyantoon

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:30 PM

– before 2015

• davetoon

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:33 PM

@charlie #10. Think you have it spot on. He can feel what we feel. That he bust his gut for the first half of the season. So many runs that werent honoured due to the player with the ball losing it. or breaking with the ball and having noone to pass it to.
    we can’t afford to lose the core of the side, Sissoko, Krull, Tiote, Janmaat, Cisse (only weeks ago i wouldve included Collocini)
    and then there is the potential. Aarons. Perez, Cabella, de Jong. Abeid

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Ibiza

Ok thats good then. Thought you might have wanted my life savings… This copying and pasting malarchy is a lot of effort these days.

Totally agree that either Janmaat or Perez have been our best players. Our right backs always seem to do well. Although to be fair I had a good feeling about him as soon as I saw we were linked with him.

Perez is just a joy to watch and represents perfectly what football shwould be about. Passion for the game, always working hard and having a desire to win games. Seems like a cracking lad.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Irish…Out of interest…these life savings…oh nevermind, bills already been sent.

Totally agree on Perez. Which brings me to Bigi. WTF happened there? He seemed to be of a similar mold when he arrived. I’m guessing that’ll be filed as “Pardewed”?

Just reading an interesting article which some of you may enjoy:

• toonbrother

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Wenger has been senile for some time

• Ibizatoon

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Eggheads’ prediction: (Dave) When Arsenal are good they are very good, when they are bad they are horrid. Newcastle have got a youngish team who are all trying to make a mark under John Carver and I think the Gunners will find it difficult there. 1-0

Ermmm….

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Krul
    Janmaat
    Coloccini
    Williamson
    Dummett
    Sissoko
    Anita
    Colback
    Cabella
    Perez
    Gouffran

The above is the team that gave Chelsea such a good game , 1st half at the bridge.

Other than the back 4 all those players are fit.

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:48 PM

I don’t normally do these but this is my take on who needs to go:

Obertan- had a terrible time with us, to much of a confidence player. Had decent potential but never really reached it.

Anita- we don’t play the stlye that suits him. A good player that would fit in a Swansea side but not ours.

Williamson- not good enough for this league.

Colo- past it.

Taylor(R)- a great guy but doesnt
    improve our squad. He could stay though as a squad player.

Alnwick- very poor although I do have sympathy.

Gouffran- not the player he was when he first signed.

Gutierrez- great guy, really glad he got throught and beat cancer. A great role model. But overall not great anymore. Shouldnt stay just because he beat cancer.

Vuckic- had high hopes but doesnt look like he is going to make it.

Riviere-Awful. Not had much of a chance but he hasnt exactly impressed. Try and salvage some money back.

There are probably more but my phone is gonna turn off soon and I don’t want to have written this all for nothing.

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Ibiza

Lucky me then haha 😀

Im so gutted that bigi has just disappeared. Had so much potential and looked the part and then he just kind of vanished. Really hope he gets another chance.

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Ibiza

I want whatever he’s smoking.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Irish @26…You best tap in to those savings then 🙂

Bigi is at Rangers, right? I guess he’s one of the injured loanees. Still hopeful he’ll get his shot.

Jeff…The backline is going to be the issue though. Given it’ll be a makeshift defense, the “attacking” players, will have lots more defensive responsibility for sure.

• IrishGeordie9

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Ibiza

Well there is a problem. I put my life savings in a safe. That wouldnt matter if I could actually remember the password. Yeah.

• Lindisfarne

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:24 PM

I always thought although a hero, the elderly Robson was looking and acting a bit senile in his management position at NUFC. Whilst really good for the club he required a strong second in command taking on more responsibility. With a competent assistant the success of the club would have potentially been maintained. Who was that again?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Davetoon
    I also think that is part of the problem with injuries – very few teams that are doing well/playing cup semi’s/finals don’t have many injuries as the players want to be playing.
    When teams are struggling players tend not want to player or say they are not 100% fit and that is the TOON’s problem at the moment.

• Moonraker15

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Out of every crisis there is always some good. Tomorrow I have a large bet on Arsenal. Even though they’re odds on I will win a few quid. Not for years have I been so sure that we are so poor and sure to lose. Ashley is getting a wake up call cos we are gonna be right down with the dead men in a few weeks time!