Newcastle Reported Close To First Summer Signing

There have been reports that Newcastle are now favorites to sign 25 year-old Marseilles winger Andre Ayew,  and Goal today is reporting the Tyneside club are in negotiations with his agent on making a deal  with the winger/striker.

Andre Ayew

Andre Ayew – negotiations ongoing

The winger, who has both skill and speed, also has good leadership skills (we need more of those qualities at Newcastle and is very keen to play in the Premier League and he will become a free agent in the summer when his contract at Marseilles will run out.

Goal are reporting that negotiations have already begun, and that Newcastle are now confident of striking a deal for the 66 times capped Ghana International who we have been after for over two years now.

Some other Premier League clubs are said to be interested in signing the free agent and they include Tottenham, Everton and West Ham, so we can only hope that Newcastle can conclude a quick deal and announce his signing soon.

We are a little wary because the same reports in January said we were in the driver’s seat to sign 18 year-old midfielder Dele Alli from MK Dons,  but then Spurs moved in and completed the deal quickly.

It was reported in the Chronicle earlier in the week that Andre could even come in and take over the captaincy at Newcastle,  such is his influence both on the field and in the dressing room.

It seems Newcastle are indeed making a  very strong attempt to sign Andre, as the first of a number of players we are supposed to be bringing in over the summer months, but we’ll wait until the announcement is made that we’ve signed him.

But an announcement of this sort is exactly what Newcastle fans want to hear,  after a run of four defeats in the last five league games and we are again sliding down the league table and are unlikely to finish in the top ten – for the sixth time in eight seasons under owner Mike Ashley.

We need some good news – let’s hope it comes soon.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• anthc

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

We were favourite’s for delle alli. When will we learn i bet we’re not even in for him.

• toonbrother

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Ayew is a versatile and talented player
    but he is not a goal scorer
    He doesnt address the need for a strong centre forward
    We need a Deeney, Martin or Emenike

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Whoever scouted Perez deserves a medal
    How the hell we got him is really awesome.
    It seems clear to me the decks are being cleared for Remi Garde and a complete refurb.
    Cabella and Sissoko and a few others know this , Ayew signing a precontract , it’s all becoming clear.
    Europe here we come .

• TheToonKing

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM

they just do enough to shut us up

• armchair fan

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Finally Ashley has opened his eyes and is starting to spend!

• martoon

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Just got back from the match and although we lost I actually really enjoyed the match especially the second half. We scored early second half and gave ourselves a chance and played with some heart & passion. I just hope we can show the same passion against the makems.

• Thump

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:34 PM

A free signing? Well that’s our warchest gone.

• armchair fan

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Thump

Hahahaha that cracked me up

• thevirus

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Hope it happens but can’t see it to be honest. Jeff i hope your right but this is Newcastle so prepare to have your hopes dashed. Good second half performance today need a lot more of that between now and the end of the season

• Big Pappa Cissé

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Ah, the old we will be spending big in the summer just as the season ticket renewals are due .

Wake up people .

• Big Pappa Cissé

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Realistically we need a whole new back four with the exception of Janmaat, a top quality striker and right winger at the least .

• mindshaft

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Though Cabella and Perez played well up front however Janmatt showed up Willo to be the clown of a CB that he is – he’s never played there before and easily outshone willo – think we should get rid of both Willo and Collo and get a decent CB pairing in

• toonbrother

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:43 PM

As evidenced by Lyons performance this season garde was an underachiever who has done absolutely nothing to warrant the hype he gets on these pages

Mclaren or laudrup would be far better candidates for the job

• Barton

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Finally Ashley has opened his eyes and is starting to spend! ?…roflmao,u joking m8,its renewel time for season tickets,why you think all this rubbish appearing in the press ? ,club always tell these lies this time of year,have you learnt nowt after 7 years of this weasel owning us?, spend,more chance of me baring my @ss in fenwicks window

• JamesToon

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:45 PM

toonbrother 13

how have you worked that out when fournier is lyon manager…

• toonbrother

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:46 PM

The real clown is colocinni
    Even our makeshift defense with three players playing out of position (Williamsson Taylor and colback) looked more stable and solid than when he’s been on

• Big Pappa Cissé

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Soon I would start playing :

————-Raylor———–Colback————
    —Sissoko———-De Jong———-Aarons—
    ————————Perez———————–

Don’t want Gouffran or Sammy anywhere near the team .

• toonbrother

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Jamestoon I don’t think you understood what I wrote

• toonbrother

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Fournier has done more in one season than garde did in 4

• armchair fan

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Barton mate,

I think you need to learn what sarcasm is.

I’m playing along with Ed’s articles about us signing new players everyday.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:49 PM

How many times have we heard it now, people like Jeffrey will be the first to say I told you so when we spend the bare requirement but stay awfully quiet when we spend fcuk all.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:50 PM

JamesToon
    Ha ha ha
    The gobshites always shoot themselves in the foot.
    What Toonbrother knows about footy could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Martoon
    Mee-sell just got in from the match. best game at the TOON in ages. pity we could not of snatched a point.
    Ain’t seen the tele. but looked like a penalty from the Galowgate the ‘tackle’ on Perez who was outstanding.

WHY THE F**K can we not play like that every week.
    best players for TOON Perez, Cabella, Williamson and Janmaat who I would Give MOM to

Only weak link today was Anita who tended to dwell on the ball to long.

• JamesToon

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:54 PM

toonbrother, they just lost to a 10 man Nice side today.

Fournier is working on the foundations of what Garde built there. Gonalons, Lacazette, Grenier, Umitti, all first team starters thanks to Garde and his coaching staff

• JamesToon

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Jeff 22

hahaha

• WWSBRD

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:56 PM

JfA
    Well I for one believe it now, why would they lie again?

U need to trust more my friend

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:56 PM

What Jeffrey knows about football is lost without a search engine.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:58 PM

WW…,
    How are you, I dare say they’ve been caught out too many times now and wouldn’t dream of lying to us again, you’re right !!!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:59 PM

PS
    Atmosphere second half brilliant – shows what can happen if we have a decent team and play decent FOOTBALL

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Charlie,
    Forgive my cynicism but do you think they were trying to impress Mr Wenger rather than John.

• WWSBRD

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:05 PM

JfA
    As full of the joys of life as I always am mate, how about urself? Enjoying the NUFC masterclass of half arsed trying as much as I?

Maybe they have gone down the line of ‘fool me once, etc etc’ and gotten to the point where the rhyme tells them to finally be truthful?

In all honesty if we arent sold in the summer I truly have no idea if I can continue with this sport….maybe move on to rugby….or golf….basketball is entertaining, cheaper too ice hockey is out (not going to whitley bloody bay every week)

• nufc786

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:07 PM

toonbrother

I found this article on Remi Garde’s tactics…

interesting read on the systems he tried out at lyon

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:08 PM

WW…,
    I’m the same, I listened on the radio today but I’m rapidly losing interest, I’m 100 % not going back to SJP while he’s still owner just a couple of away games for the crack.

• toonbrother

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:10 PM

@24 JamesToon
    As soon as Garde leaves they are back at the top of the table challenging for the title for the first time in 5 years

He laid the foundations ..right
    Thats like saying Ruud Guulit laid the foundations for Bobby robson by giving players like Keiron Dyer their debut

The club was mediocre until he left now they are an elite french side again
    You think thats a coincidence? lol

• WWSBRD

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:15 PM

JfA
    I watched it all, not sure why though force of habit or gallows humour I suppose. I must admit I dont see how to fix our current squad there is a lot wrong

Manager is an easy one, as for the squad, the clear out idea is laughable when we are so short on numbers and realistically those who need to be moved on 1) need to be replaced which I dont believe will happen and 2) no one will buy so the benefit is questionable

Also who to clear out? All of the defenders? Big gamble

I dont really see a resolution that I will be happy with

• John Irving

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:15 PM

We probably deserved a draw with an impressive second half fightback. Cabella is looking a much improved proper player, and was the best player on the field for me today. I can see him adapting to the PL and he’s going to be a top player. You heard it here first.

• toonbrother

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:15 PM

@32 nufc786
    I have argued with transfer sage on Garde already on these pages
    I’m not going to rehash old arguments here
    My point is simple.
    Fournier is using pretty much the same personnel Garde had at his disposal and getting MUCH better results
    Those players havent magically transformed into better players since Garde left
    They are simply working under a more tactically astute manager in Fournier

• John Irving

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Great goal.

• WWSBRD

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM

JfA
    As for going to SJP last game I went too was Harpers send off, not been back since and nor do I intend to

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Jail
    not sure on that one – both sets of players looked best of plas at the end with hugs and handshakes.
    Sill -not going to complain much – just enjoyed a good game of football where both teams played well with a great atmosphere second half and a ref who let the game flow- dont think there was a booking.