Newcastle In For German International Right Back


The Daily Mirror is reporting today that Newcastle have been watching 28 year-old Hoffenheim right-back Andreas Beck with a view to signing him in the summer.

andres beck

Andreas Beck – 28 year-old German right back

Beck was born in Russia, but his family moved to Germany when he was just three years old, and he joined Stuttgart at the age of 13 and eventually moved to Hoffenheim in the summer of 2008 for a fee of £3.2M.

John Carver has already said Newcastle are scouting a lot of players for the upcoming  summer transfer window (we need them), but it will be a surprise if we are after a right back, and the first assumption is that Newcastle plan to cash in on Daryl Janmaat in the summer.

Beck’s contract still has two years to run, but it seems one reason we are interested in the player is that he’s said to be available for just £1.5M in the summer, and we know owner Mike Ashley likes good deals, especially cheap ones.

Mike likes making money at Newcastle, but he doesn’t like spending it.

Andreas is on the old side for Newcastle at 28, but maybe the scouting staff have taken Alan Pardew’s advice and will sign some experienced players in the future.

With Daryl Janmaat having been outstanding at center-back against Arsenal on Saturday,  if this report had come out in a few weeks, we may have thought it could be Newcastle’s intention to play Janmaat at center-back next season, but that doesn’t look like it’s the case.

It could be that Mike Ashley will continue to run the club like stocks and shares and will sell any player at any time  if he gets the right bid for them.

And if that’s true it looks like Daryl could be gone in the summer to the highest bidder, and Andreas Beck is  a likely replacement, and Newcastle will continue to go nowhere.

Beck has played 5 times for Germany.

Comments welcome.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

6 comments so far

  • scout

    Mar 23, 2015 at 7:11 AM

    Comment #1

    Pictured above when the contract money was mentioned

    0
  • Ron Knee

    Mar 23, 2015 at 7:20 AM

    Comment #2

    Now that I’ve had a little time to recover from our amazing performance on Saturday I really hope it wasn’t just a flash in the pan. We’ve seen this phenomenon before. What we need is some sustained effort to ensure survival.

    0
  • firebug666

    Mar 23, 2015 at 7:27 AM

    Comment #3

    Ron Knee

    My sentiments exactly mate, one good 45 minute performance in 11 games under Carver is nothing to get too excited about.

    We should have been playing like that all season, My guess is the saw the half time results, and did not want Palace to overtake us.

    So now we shall see what team turns up for the derby.

    0
  • banjax

    Mar 23, 2015 at 8:24 AM

    Comment #4

    As I have been saying, Mike Ashley is the problem!

    0
  • peterk3

    Mar 23, 2015 at 11:38 AM

    Comment #5

    Why the hell a fullback. we’ve got fullbacks. We seem obsessed with signing fullbacks. We need strengthening in all other parts of the team. Who the hell makes these decisions.

    0
  • Moonraker15

    Mar 23, 2015 at 5:27 PM

    Comment #6

    Rubbish ! We are never looking at a 28 year old Germany fullback! This is just an agent doing his job; Ed, please don’t post this stuff; you know we don’t sign mature players!

    0

You must log in to post a comment.