Top Teenager Kept Waiting For New Newcastle Deal

There’s news in the Chronicle today that Rolando Aarons could be fit for the Sunderland derby a week tomorrow at the Stadium of Light, and that contract negotiations will be held in abeyance until the summer.

Rolando Aarons, Newcastle United

Rolando Aarons in action this season

That seems to make a lot of sense, because for one thing Rolando has only played five times for the first team this season, and he’s also been injured most of the season, so before he gets any long term deal at Newcastle, he has to prove he’s fit and show the same excellent form he showed in pre-season.

We have to admit to being just a little worried about all the hamstring problems that have kept him on the sidelines for so long this season, and the home game against Liverpool on November 1st is the last time he played for Newcastle – so he’s been out five months since then.

🙁

Rolando came on after 27 minutes for the injured Gabby Obertan, but Gabby is back fit and playing again for Newcastle.

Rolando still has one year left on his contract, so there’s little chance he will leave this summer, because he will  have to prove his fitness and form before any new contract is agreed for Rolando to remain long term at Newcastle.

And that’s also true for any clubs interested in him thus summer.

Certainly Aarons is an exciting young talent, and we just hope he can return to the great form he showed in pre-season and early season, and then we can sign him up to a good long term deal in the summer.

That’s the hope.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Remains to seen whether or not this kid will make it. I bit like Sammy.

Anyone knows what’s going on with Bigi? I expect him to leave this summer to be honest.

• Ian Toon

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:30 AM

At Rangers- King still has to pass tests to satisfy both the SFA and
    the AiM market that he is a fit and proper person to be a Rangers director. That’s before he can appoint himself to their board.

It does in my opinion have implications for us in that it could ultimately impact on the length of his tenure at NUFC. Even if King does pass both tests, can he and Ashley operate collectively at
    Rangers?
    Ashley was not encouraged clearly by King’s decision to call an EGM. Likewise King has also been vocal on the Rangers board’s
    comments as to his convictions in tax cases brought by the South African Revenue Service.
    Sounds like a marriage made in heaven to me.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:36 AM

I think the Aarons situation is exasperating for the fans because when he first burst on the scene (and I mean burst) inevitably comparisons with Raheem Sterling were made , and RS played and scored for England last night !!!!
    Life supporting the Toon seems to have a reccurring theme of – ” what if “

• WestOzMag

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Young player with potential. Pack your bags son dont sign, this club with give you nothing.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:40 AM

I see this guy as having more potential than other you lads we have, looks very cool and composed for somebody so young, as if he sees te game quicker than a lot around him.

But must stress he is still a kid, has a heck of a lot to prove (not his ability but consistently using that ability) and his fitness.

• Toonmania

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Ian Toon,
    I didn’t realise King had Tax cases in South Africa, he could turn out to be another Massimo Cellino Leeds Ltd farce.
    I personally think the FA should be held accountable for this, look at poor Portsmouth 6 owners all who had no more money than I have!!! how the hell did they pass a fit and proper persons test.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Toonmania
    King only avoided going to jail by paying the SA tax people £6million

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Jesper,
    Whether you like it or not while the owner of our club has a vested interest in Rangers
    the news very much concerns us. I don’t like hearing stories of us being linked with strikers we have no chance of signing four months before a transfer window opens but I don’t bleat on about it.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:48 AM

King has another 137 charges pending
    He’s not in Glasgow for the weather

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Jesper although he thinks otherwise JfA is not the blog adjudicator – You say whatever you want – JfA and his ilk would stop free speech if they could

• Deji adesoga

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Rolando Aarons seems to have an excellent goal sense,much more than raheem.
    Don’t forget,that was sterlings first goal for England in 14 matches.

• Ian Toon

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Toonmania – Quite. It begs believe some of the sharks and low life’s who have passed the test . Mind, Portsmouth have had a dodgy managers as well.
    Jesper- If you are to be believed I can only assume that it was a wind up.
    Transfer- I have to go but will read your posts later. Good your back – we need your non whinging type on here.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:10 AM

More comedy gold from Jeffrey.
    Jesper tells Ed to stop posting what he doesn’t want to hear. Jeffrey being the champion of free speech tells jesper to carry on posting articles that tell people to stop posting. And he says I’m thick as mince.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:13 AM

And btw Jesper while both clubs he has an interest in can’t compete in Europe at the same time, his dual ownership does impact on us very much.

• bladeuser

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:15 AM

A message to Rolando get out of this club if you have any ambition of playing in the EPL

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Jail
    It was actually Moussa Sissoko that said you are thick as mince , as it happens I agree with the midfielder

• Ian Toon

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Jeff- I believe in a free blog ( within Ed’s stated constraints).
    JFA- Stop fighting old battles you lost. Stop perpetuating the myth which the gullible follow. Your never happier than when your miserable which for a 46year old is worrying – not good for your health.
    My point was we last won the League in 1926-27 and not in 1929 as you stated. If your constantly going to pick up on everyone else’s oversights and errors you
    need to have an eye for detail.

• Ian Toon

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Jail- your not having a good day! Still I am going so things can only get better.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Ian Toon,
    I never stated we won the league in 1929. Ashley apologist BDG did. And I’m not 46 either.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Jeffrey,
    I spoke to Sissoko very briefly in the airport last year and his parting words were what a remarkably intelligent man you are. He must have been talking about a different JfA in that interview.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:33 AM

I was there Jail
    He said
    “Vous êtes aussi épais que la viande hachée”

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Jail..seeing as there is a huge difference between news where our club are mentioned in terms of players and a club (Rangers) who’s only tiny relevance to us is our owner owning 9% of it I don’t really follow you.

…and I don’t really care what you think of my stand point on the subject.

As long as there is no relevance to Newcastle I’ll keep mentioning it and I will not run it by you first my good man.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Jesper,
    While his ownership of both clubs could be questioned by UEFA if they meet in the same competition and five of our reserve team are sent to his other team while we sit in the lower tier of our league then the news very much concerns us.

• LGFUAD21

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:50 AM

I would welcome Mcclaren in a coaching capacity.

Definitely has a better cv than any manager we’ve had since Keegan last walked and for all Keegan’s greatness he was also a 1 dimensional manager that failed to replicate his 1st stints form anywhere.

Mcclaren is not a glamorous choice by any means but he’s experienced and well respected as a coach. He’s doing a good job at Derby.

I know he’s had a few hiccups in his career but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a bad coach. That is a very english mentality.

First choice for me would be Garde though. Mainly because I’m curious about what he could do given Wengers hyper praise for him.

• BoyDoneGood

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:53 AM

JfA

Actually I never stated we won the league in 1929. I stated that we hadn’t won it since AROUND 1929 – since, despite AvC’s pathetic picture, I don’t spend my life googling old stats. Of course, if you’re telling me that knowing the dates of results in the 1920’s and memorising lists of results in 1892 is part or the Creed of the true believer, and I should therefore be burned at the stake, then one of us has lost the plot.

Second point: Since I last posted you have written that I “fully support” Mike Ashley, and that I am an “Ashley apologist”. What I in fact say, consistently, is that IF I have read the signs right (the paring down of squad and backroom, the move into profitability), there is a real CHANCE that the club intends to sign an innovative coach and put together a powerful squad, and IF SO, I would approve flip side of that coin is that IF NOT, then I WON’T approve. That does not make me an Ashley apologist nor an Ashley critic – until June, when we see what is intended. If you enter the Great North Run carrying a fridge to raise money for red squirrels I’ll probably approve of that – but you haven’t yet, so that doesn’t make me a “JfA apologist”.

BTW J.M. wrote a very full account of his own take on Ashley’s possible strategy for the club. (It’s in the “Eight young players…” discussion.) I think J.M. is a bit more convinced than I am that this summer WILL complete the desired restructuring, but apart from that shade of opinion, I would pretty much agree with what he had to say.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Would we really want Mclaren if Derby fail to get promoted again ??

• BoyDoneGood

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:56 AM

LGFUAD21

Re Maclaren, Garde – I think you have that exactly right.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Actually looking at Mclaren’s record in terms of trophies etc :

Won the League Cup with Middlesborough , won the league with Twente and he won nearly every domestic trophy as Fergie’s assistant at Man Utd

Also got Middlesborough to the Uefa cup final

Has had some pretty bad spells as manager of clubs as well but you never know what the circumstances were for those failures

Him and Carr may end up working well together I have watched Derby recently and they play some lovely stuff although I do remember England and Middlesborough were not that great to watch we do have players here who can play a passing game

Basically if Ashley is going to continue down the route of always being cheap and selling our best players without instant replacements then the next manager is going to have similar problems unless a better manager can convince him to change his ways! I would not have let Pardew go wild with 50 odd million to let him buy who he wanted but a better manager could be trusted surely !!

• beermonkey

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:04 AM

still not sure McLaren will leave derby for us

why are we not sorting out contracts early with our players
    its a shame Aarons has been injured so long I don’t expect to much from him now in the remaining games of the season when he is fit
    doesn’t look like Sammy will get a new deal and with jonas and raylor also out of contract were going to need some wingers

• Ian Toon

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:05 AM

JFA – your right your 46 next birthday.
    Whilst I am on stop nicking Mr t’s lines ‘ comedy gold’ it wasn’t funny when he first used it. Be your own boring self or get a new script. It wasn’t your turn to come back we’ve got Beattie, Tads, Tsunki well ahead of you.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:06 AM

• sparky55

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Jail@ 14

Do you honestly think the two clubs being in europe at the same time is realistically ever going to be an issue for Newcastle when all Ashley wants is 17th or better and do you really ever think we will beat Spurs, liverpool, southampton, or whoever to get to 5th Spot.

Please don’t say we’ve done it once before! 🙂

• hibbit

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:06 AM

look at it the other way would steve come he works at derby with a free hand here his hands would be tied….. manager at derby……. coach here and no say

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:12 AM

BDG,
    I call you an apologist because one of the worst acts of negligence Ashley has committed since being here aside from hiring Wise and Kinnear twice, changing the stadium etc was the way he done business that summer we finished fifth yet you tried to paint a rosy picture on it, your nonchalant, shame about the league position didn’t paint galf the picture either, we only avoided the very real threat of relegation by two games and a Wigan team with their minds on Wembley.

• sparky55

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:13 AM

I’d take McLaren on the basis he’s probably the best of a bunch that possibly may consider walking into the job from hell…and there’s no evidence whatsoever he has any intention of putting his whole career on the line by coming to manage us.

Very few will…it’s the proverbial poison chalice so no point setting our sights any higher than people like McLaren…so here’s hoping he’s daft enough to give it a shot.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Wrong again Ian Toon, get back to peeping at your neighbour through your curtains.

• Ian Toon

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Jail- Anyone first coming on here would pick up that you like nothing better than labelling posters. But as we both know it’s just how you handle your own insecurities. Your not comfortable in your own skin. At 45 and with two young kids why don’t you just lose weight go to the gym and generally lead a healthier lifestyle. You know it makes sense.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Ian Toon,
    Wtf are you on mate !

• toon kk

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Aarons is a very good player in our squad, he’s a step above most of our lads.
    I think he has potential to be a class player, his downfall is keeping himself fit.
    we always play better as a team when he’s available with his pace.

• lochinvar

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Pardew reported to be after Charlie Austin for £6-£8 million when QPR get relegated.
    Would Austin not be good for toon along with a couple of players from Hull – all who seem to play with great attitude and passion which would rub off on some of our other players .
    Just curious if that raw energy would rekindle some atmosphere and take us back to fortress SJP ?