Dutch Manager Continues To Struggle – Janmaat Unhappy

Last night Holland could only get a draw against Turkey on home soil, and the equalizer came from Huntelaar two minutes into stoppage time.

daley blind challneges  burak yilmaz

Daley Blind challenges Burak Yilmaz last night

Tim Krul and Daryl Janmaat were both on the bench last night, and Daryl isn’t very happy about that.

Daryl said yesterday he wants face to face talks with famous Dutch coach Guus Hiddink, who hasn’t done well since he took over from Louis van Gaal after they finished in 3rd place in the World Cup last summer.

Currently Holland are in 3rd place in Group A for Euro 2016, after it seemed that a Burak Yilmaz goal after 37 minutes could have given Turkey a famous win.

But the late Holland equalizer means they remain 2 points above Turkey in Group A, and if they had lost they would have dropped to 4th place.

The Czech Republic are top on 13 points after five games, and Iceland are second on 12 points with Holland 3rd on 7 points from five games, which includes two defeats.

The Czech Republic could only draw at home to Latvia, who now have just 3 points from 5 games, and the equalizer for the home side came from Pilar in stoppage time.

Iceland easily won 3-0 at Kazakhstan.

Holland’s next game in Group A is on 12th June at Latvia, but they have a friendly on Tuesday night at home to Spain, and maybe Tim Krul and Daryl Janmaat will get a game,

If that happens we hope they will return uninjured to Newcastle on Wednesday.

Daryl is unhappy at being left out of the Holland team since he made that terrible mistake in early September at the Czech Republic and Vaclav Pilar scored the winner (2-1 win) in stoppage time.

This is what Daryl Janmaat has said before the game last night to De Telegraaf,  about being left out of the side after his costly error:

“I was surprised that I was not there anymore because I had played regularly for the previous two years in succession.”

“I have not had the chance to talk to the coach about it. We will in the coming days, quite a bit of time talking to each other, we now have plenty of time. It is something I don’t do by phone. I do prefer face to face.”

“I made a mistake, it was just a bad time, but we are now half a year later. I have learned from it and it will not affect me.”

“You can’t immediately turn things around with the Dutch team. When it is your club you have an immediate opportunity to make up for what has happened.”

“I do not have to prove myself again though I’m 25,  and it does not make sense that I would have to prove myself once again.”

“I come here to do my best and play as well as possible, everybody knows what I can do,  and as for myself, I know that as well.”

Maybe both Newcastle players will start the game against Spain – but as we said we just hope they don’t pick up any injuries – Newcastle  are short enough of players right now.

Note: Mark Hammell is an avid reader of the blog and he has signed up for 7 endurance events totaling over 600 miles, after he has just recovered from a serious ACL injury.

Mark is doing this to raise money for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. Here is Mark’s Justgiving page – see if you can help him out and help Bobby’s Foundation.

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Holland were really lucky last night ,van der Wiel gets picked ahead of Janmaat because he plays for PSG I’m sure , because Daryl is twice the player vdW is.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Davide Santon will be playing for Italy in the friendly against England on Tuesday.

• jayphoto

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:01 AM

Don’t want Mclaren as boss but hes not as bad as some make out!! I’ve no doubt he’d be the best appointment Ashley has made! Hes miles ahead of any appointment we’ve made since Sir Bobby!
    Obviously would prefer a tuchel or garde but considering the board we’re dealing with it could be much worse than Schteve

• Graeme

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:05 AM

A perfect oportunity to do something positive with the club, to revitalise the Fans AND the players with someone who can really develop what we have, improve what we are sadly lacking – and McLaren is the answer? You’re having a laugh.

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Graeme and Sav from an earlier post are wrong in your assessment of SM.
    Derby’s transfers make MA look like Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour combined.
    With the mixture of 2nd division freebies,loanees, and youth players, SM has done wonders.

• cyprus

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Would be good for the new coach to have a chance to look at our Italian exports, unless it’s too late

• cyprus

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Jay, totally disagree there. You forget the king, the real one. KK

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:27 AM

Senor Tuff…interesting stuff you posted last night mate 😉

…food for thought!

• toonbrother

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM

cant wait to see mclaren in the dugout
    inspired decision by charnley if true
    janmaat should made vice captain to sissoko
    he is a fantastic defender

• toonbrother

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:30 AM

I’m just thankful garde isnt in the running
    He is useless with a capital U

• jayphoto

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:30 AM

@cyprus nah had a think about KK. Actually think he was Ashleys worst appointment as he was far away from someone that could work with the board and club. Love keegan, loved his first time here and id have him back in a heartbeat under different ownership but He was the wrong appointment the second time around. Same as Shearer. Gotta admit though i do miss the days when MASh tried to keep fans happy

• JamesToon

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Toonbrother

Garde is useless like your attempt to wind everyone up???

• beermonkey

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:42 AM

I don’t think McLaren is an inspired choice but he is far from being a pardew

from what I have read on here ( which might or might not be right) he is friends with carr
    so surely if we were to employ a manager McLaren would stand more chance of getting what he needs than most I would think

• Slank

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:43 AM

McClaren would be an excellent Head Coach based purely on his CV.

Of all the other realistic possible candidates, all of whom are foreign and with little or no experience of the Premier League, none have as an impressive CV as McClaren.

McClaren would almost certainly jump at the chance to manage a Premiership club and especially Newcastle. He probably knows more than any of the other candidates what a poisoned chalice Newcastle United is and the chance of failure are overwhelming greater than success.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:50 AM

I have to say from a foreigners view point MaClaren would be just as good or bad an appointment as Hodgson!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:55 AM

…just to be clear Hodgson (who have managed FCK) is not what we would call a modern top coach by any length 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:02 PM

My worry is with Mclaren and I don’t think this would happen anywhere else, is that the only reason he’ll come here is that if he fails to get Derby promoted. Personally I think he’s got more about him to work under Charnley anyway so imo it’s a moot point.

• toonbrother

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:06 PM

@JamesToon
    The transformation in Lyon’s fortunes IMMEDIATELY following Garde’s departure suggests he was a USELESS coach
    Either that or Fournier is a miracle worker

• Slank

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Jail @ 17

I believe McClaren would come to Newcastle irrespective of whether Derby was promoted. Promotion would be yet more proof, some would say, that he is a very good coach.

• hibbit

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:09 PM

toonbrother what on earth are you on about do you think that charnly or anybody else at the will pick the new coach don’t be daft ashley and only ashley will do the picking

• Ian Toon

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Jesper- Are you still around?
    I am not a linguist. My A levels are in a completely different field of study to gain entry to uni.
    I really don’t wish to prolong this topic of conversation as it only appears of interest to you and mr t.

• JamesToon

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:18 PM

toonbrother

fournier had everything there for him, all the foundations there were all built by Garde. First team players like Lacazette/Umiti/Grenier/Gonalons are all good players because they were developed by Garde. Fournier hasn’t changed anything or done anything of his own, he’s working on what Garde has built.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:23 PM

Ian…I am about! I haven’t called you a linguist by any length just so we are clear!

…before we go any further please go back and read my comment to you from last night (the one I wrote this morning as well)

Come back and tell me straight up you didn’t told me a white lie. One way or another I am going to set the record straight in plenum!

This has gone too far

• toonbrother

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:25 PM

foundations my arse
    they’ve gone from languishing in 5th place, 28 POINTS off the pace, to challenging for the title in the space of LESS than a season
    He had all those players at his disposal last season and finished a pathetic fifth place
    His successor is using the exact same set of players to challenge for the title
    I cannot think of a more damning indictment of his abilities as a coach

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:25 PM

*tell

• toonbrother

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:25 PM

@20 hibbit
    I dont care who appoints him so long as he is appointed
    I’m a happy fan

• lesh

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Forget the speculation, the job’s Carvers

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM

lesh…I think most of us knows that (Ed’s just in denial)

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Ian Toon,
    From advising Pardew on his optical fashion and having Danish colleagues who recite proverbs to you, you are a fantasist and a liar, I would describe you as a Walter Mitty type.

• Graeme

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Jeff @ 5 – The thought that McClaren is the best we can do or the best we aspire too is a frightening one. Ambition? What ambition??

Bringing in a QUALITY coach will have a major impact on the whole Club, not just the younger players – it is probably the “biggest bang for the buck” that the club could achieve.

If only our Illustrious Owner had the slightest interest in improving the club, rather than looking after his free advertising – all parties that are within the “NUFC Family” could be happy!!

• lesh

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Jesper,

Which language is the blog’s lingua franca today? Is English acceptable?

• lesh

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Jesper

😉

• hibbit

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:38 PM

what with ian toon toonbrother and jeff from anywhere has the football gone mad

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Jesper – I am a cunning linguist – snort snort nudge nudge wink wink.
    Apologies to Jesper and others
    This Italian football finance site says Murray acknowledges Rangers while the £5million debt is outstanding have to have 2 Ashley appointees on the board but please not Leach or Llambias.

• TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:39 PM

this is the best thing for us. only two things can happen if he plays 1. he gets hurt 2. his price goes up and MASH def sells

• Slank

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Graeme @ 31

‘..Bringing in a QUALITY coach.. ‘

Did you have anyone realistically in mind ?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:45 PM

lesh…as long as it’s not google translate English 😉

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Jeff…I didn’t see that!

• TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:47 PM

@ HarriboNo9 frm previous post

it 100% does matter who you are comparing pardew to. best is a relative term, it has no value if there is no reference. WIthout that control, you can say Carver deserves the job because he has been the best coach weve had in 2015.

it is completely unjustified to say that pardouche is a good coach because we have a terrible owner. He had limited success in his time here. While the owner made it hard on him, there is no way to know if any other coach would have been able to do the same. The video speaks for itself. Mash gave him the players, but he never forced him to start 8 defensive players or play willo or banish MYM, or start ba out wide or play gouf or bench cabella, or install hoofball or the list goes on……